is that all that is being stolen?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    81 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Not very long when they get stolen from the dryer... :twisted:

hmmm..that's a good question..as far as I know there's only a need for "extra" socks... :?
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    Unlost got me these..i hope they have a long shelf life!

31tHxS05VgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    afroannnie wrote:
    81 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Not very long when they get stolen from the dryer... :twisted:

hmmm..that's a good question..as far as I know there's only a need for "extra" socks... :?

I was watching that show Whitney last night...and she caught her boyfriend (ummm...well uhh 'george costanza and his mom') so she was talking about it with her friend, and her friend asked 'was he wearing socks?' 'yes he was...3 of them' :lol::lol::lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    that show sucks!
    www.myspace.com
    that show sucks!

I laughed so hard last night! first time though...and chris d'elia is kinda hot
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I was watching that show Whitney last night...and she caught her boyfriend (ummm...well uhh 'george costanza and his mom') so she was talking about it with her friend, and her friend asked 'was he wearing socks?' 'yes he was...3 of them' :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,119
    I have a few pair of athletic socks that I bought my jr year of high school (12 years ago). These were the long socks that went up past the calves...think of the Kerry Kittles look. The rec league basketball team I was on decided to adopt that look. Granted, nowadays the elastic is gone so I only wear them when they will be covered up by long pants.

On average, I'd guess I get a good 5 or 6 years out of a package of socks. They tend to last that long because my mother-in-law always gives everyone socks for Christmas. This has led to a longer shelf life for my socks. Now, the thermal socks I have will last forever because it doesn't get cold enough in South Carolina to wear them. Bought them for a winter trip to Wyoming a few years ago and haven't worn them since.
    Does anybody wear 2 pairs of socks at the same time?

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:

no
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    that show sucks!

That show does suck. I tried it for a few weeks because I like Whitney but it's just not funny. The comedy is so predicatble from a writing perspective. There are people on this board that could write funnier episodes than what they have right now.

Oh yeah socks...about a year.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RKCNDY wrote:

If I go to a Bills game it's a must. Four or five hours of tailgating...brrr.
    RKCNDY wrote:

I have on 2 occasions...
    1) It's the 80's
    2) I'm outside in the snow for long time...
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I have had some of my socks for 10 years and their fine.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    RKCNDY wrote:

yes. usually when i'm at an eagles tailgate in freezing weather.

wore a new pair of socks to work today. got a lot of compliments too.
    www.myspace.com
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    working construcition.. winter time... i always wore 2 pairs of socks

as my grandfather always said, "you gotta protect the puppies" :? :lol:
    hmmm...a certain someone wears 2 pairs of socks with his docs...something about, 'then they don't rub my heels'

well, this practice drastically reduces said sock shelf life...there are holes in the heels before the toes...and the socks would otherwise be perfectly wearable

also...doesn't 'shelf life' refer to a food product? I don't eat my socks...I wear them...wouldn't it be 'wear-ability life'? :?

- Christopher McCandless
    who doesn't eat their socks after they develop holes and are no longer wearable?

you're nuts rkcndy. there are starving people in china.
    www.myspace.com
    instead of two pairs....wouldn't a single pair of heavy wool socks be the way to go? or perhaps electric socks?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    f socks
    81 wrote:
    instead of two pairs....wouldn't a single pair of heavy wool socks be the way to go? or perhaps electric socks?

electric socks are not edible.
    www.myspace.com
  • my favorite book as a kid....seemed fitting for this thread.

61CcCQ9t6uL_SL500_AA300_.jpg
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    6 pack of Hanes socks from target - 6 months to a year

I once bought a 3 pack of athletic socks from Nordstrom for 20 bucks in 2002 and I still have them with little wear and tear and I wear them regularly. I can't remember the brand name though.

only serious replies please.

since 2002? do you take me for a fool? come on! :x

I full on believe this. I have socks my mom bought me at costco before I moved out. I moved out in 2002. I still have a ton of 'em. They were the white cotton men's tube socks. I wear them all the time around the house and when she bought them I wore them a LOT! They seemed to get thicker and softer in the wash. Yeah I've thrown some away but I still have a good deal of them. Some socks suck and don't last a couple months but these....love them!!!!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    my favorite book as a kid....seemed fitting for this thread.

61CcCQ9t6uL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

I had this book too! Loved it.

Who keeps up with socks and how long they have had them? For real?
    the woman threw out a pair the other day. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

were you wearing them at the time?
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

she sometimes wishes that i was
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

she sometimes wishes that i was

:(

dont throw the baby out with the bath water...
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    RKCNDY wrote:

Only when it's very cold. Even then it's not two pairs of your everyday socks - one "normal" pair and the other is a pair of big, fluffy or woolly socks. Toasty toes! 8-)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • They last until they have a stain I can't get out. Sometimes a day, most of the time a month.

I have 2 boys that play soccer so we go through socks really quick.