average sock shelf life?

Comments

• loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    Bizarro wrote:
    how many days do you wear socks before you move on to the next pair?

Socks can only be worn for one day, if even that long. To wear them more than that is completely unacceptable. For those that do, you disgust me.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    loadedgun wrote:
    Bizarro wrote:

Socks can only be worn for one day, if even that long. To wear them more than that is completely unacceptable. For those that do, you disgust me.

soooo, what you are saying is, 4 days is a bit much. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    Bizarro wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:
    Bizarro wrote:

soooo, what you are saying is, 4 days is a bit much. :?

Listen to me. Take off your socks immediately, and burn them. No wash will ever help those. I also recommend cutting off your feet with a rusty hacksaw. You are so wrong.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    has anybody else not bought socks since this thread last aired? or shoes for that matter. i need some new shoes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    the soles of my shoes are falling off :?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    have not bought socks since this thread...in fact I have only worn socks maybe 3 times since then...i like my sandals. 8-)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    how long do yours last?

Are you putting them on your feet or on your junk?

Be honest, Juggler...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    how long do yours last?

Are you putting them on your feet or on your junk?

Be honest, Juggler...

:lol:

the new guy is funny
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ***must resist urge to post pic of chili peppers in tube socks only***
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    The 81 wrote:
    has anybody else not bought socks since this thread last aired? or shoes for that matter. i need some new shoes.

I haven't bought any socks in that time....or shoes. Oh no, I bought some knee high boots....which takes my shoe/thong tally up to 5.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,985
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

I haven't bought any socks in that time....or shoes. Oh no, I bought some knee high boots....which takes my shoe/thong tally up to 5.

Shoe/thong or shoe/flip flop? they changed the meaning of that word on me a few years ago.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    Shoe/thong or shoe/flip flop? they changed the meaning of that word on me a few years ago.

We call them thongs in Australia....or flips flops.

thongs.jpg

shoe=shoe

flip flop=thong

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

shoe=shoe

flip flop=thong

Correct....and the total number of all my shoes and thongs is five.
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

or thong/undies? I wear flops 325 days out of the year, but do wear dressier shoes to work. I wear out those thin dress socks in a few months. That's not to say my big toe doesnt stick out of a few pairs though 8-) Short socks last me forever
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Socks have expiry dates, turn them inside out and you can see it stitched on.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,985
    Nike no-show booties are decent.

UnderArmour no-shows suck. Loose the elasticity at the cuff rather quickly.

Champion cotton booties are decent work socks, but only last a few months.

Wool is the way to go. REI makes a good foot cover.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Nike no-show booties are decent.

UnderArmour no-shows suck. Loose the elasticity at the cuff rather quickly.

Champion cotton booties are decent work socks, but only last a few months.

Wool is the way to go. REI makes a good foot cover.

nike makes a quality sock. agreed. those little kids produce some fine material.
    www.myspace.com
  • I couldn't tell you how long they last on the shelf but I have some input on how long they last when worn. Normally 1-2 years depending on how often you wear them. I lean towards sooner rather than latter because new socks are my heaven on earth. Once there is a hole you are past the expiration date.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
    I couldn't tell you how long they last on the shelf but I have some input on how long they last when worn. Normally 1-2 years depending on how often you wear them. I lean towards sooner rather than latter because new socks are my heaven on earth. Once there is a hole you are past the expiration date.

this is some useful information.
    www.myspace.com
  • cross7806cross7806 Posts: 222
    Snap-On socks are amazing I have bad feet(bunions & in-grown nails. And these socks are amazing and they last a long time a year or better. That are expensive but worth every penny. imo
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    cross7806 wrote:
    Snap-On socks are amazing I have bad feet(bunions & in-grown nails. And these socks are amazing and they last a long time a year or better. That are expensive but worth every penny. imo

Snap-On.. Socks? What's the difference compared to an everyday sock? :think:

EDIT: Actually, they sound like they could be painful.. Are they the kind of sock that sort of latches (SNAP!) onto your feet and then don't let go? :shock:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    cross7806 wrote:

EDIT: Actually, they sound like they could be painful.. Are they the kind of sock that sort of latches (SNAP!) onto your feet and then don't let go? :shock:

sounds made up...
    www.myspace.com
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    The 81 wrote:

Neither.
    eMMI wrote:
    cross7806 wrote:

sounds made up...

are you talking about the 'brand name' Snap-On?
    these?
    Snap-on-Socks.jpg

because I agree...socks that literally snap on sound uncomfortable :?

- Christopher McCandless
  • cross7806cross7806 Posts: 222
    Yes Snap-On brand socks is what I was referring to. Guess I should have been more specific.
    well...had to break down and purchase new socks this evening. last one's lasted a solid 8 or 9 months. i wonder if i am wearing them wrong? anyone have any tips?

went with "premium" cotton this time. i figure that might buy me an extra few months?

:cry:
    www.myspace.com
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    Merino wool socks=foot-gasm.
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Merino wool socks=foot-gasm.

what does that feel like?
    www.myspace.com