• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mfc2006 wrote:
    This is going to get locked

yup.

but while i'm here, i'll say hello. :wave:
    Hey matt :wave:
    How are you?

i'm good. battling a nasty cold, though. aside from that, all is well! how are you doing?

and dimi....it may be a couple of months until the artwork is finished. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    i could afford nz shows because that would be at least auckland and i can drive to auckland on one tank of petrol. plus a hotel, would be $400 perhaps. on a credit card i could handle that.

flights and accommodation and the general expense of going to another country - not possible.
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    doompony wrote:
    i could afford nz shows because that would be at least auckland and i can drive to auckland on one tank of petrol. plus a hotel, would be $400 perhaps. on a credit card i could handle that.

flights and accommodation and the general expense of going to another country - not possible.

Dang.

So what does your spider sense tell you? Is this the total of the dates, or will there be a few more when officially announced?
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    i'm good. battling a nasty cold, though. aside from that, all is well! how are you doing?

and dimi....it may be a couple of months until the artwork is finished. 8-)[/quote]
    Its going good :D hopefully will here an official announcement soon
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
  • Options
    joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    just worked it out going to do from the list that is unless more dates are added inbetween...... 8-) syd 2, mel 1 and 2....adelaide and hopefully perth if there is one at the end of it.... even works out with uni break FK YES!!!
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Let me be the first one to whinge :lol:
    That Canberra date screws everything up. That's one less show I'll be doing.

No Liam Finn either? Just EJ?

Really, you only need to do one or two shows anyways they are so similar.

I've already seen him 3 times.
    It's more about the touring than the shows. Time to reacquaint with some fine Aussies for a week or two :)

Yeah i know :mrgreen:
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Ed's doing another solo tour?

Did he do another movie soundtrack?
  • Options
    just aslong as he breaks out better days over this tour! :P
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    Without Liam Finn...Who is going to be on the drum kit?....

Jeremy
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Dang.

So what does your spider sense tell you? Is this the total of the dates, or will there be a few more when officially announced?

history tells me nz is out in the cold again. the whole band toured australia in 2003 and 2006 without even glancing sideways at us. we waited 11.5 years. something tells me my wee island nation isn't high on the priority list.
  • Options
    also, is st celia aka celia church? if so, she sings on my girl julia deans' album.
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    doompony wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Dang.

history tells me nz is out in the cold again. the whole band toured australia in 2003 and 2006 without even glancing sideways at us. we waited 11.5 years. something tells me my wee island nation isn't high on the priority list.

Well, personally I'm expecting 2011 will have a fair bit of PJ related activity one way or another, so we may get lucky with later announcements
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Dang.

You only live once..... :D do it!!!
  • Options
    dunno how many people were in chch, but there were 32 thousand fucking people at that auckland show.
  • Options
    Dann2000Dann2000 Posts: 162
    IamTom wrote:
    Glad for the Aussies!!!

517-1 you certainly need cheering up ;-)

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Everyone enjoy the Ed solo shows down under...He puts on amazing show..

Jeremy
  • Options
    as much as I'm trying to feel happy for my auzzie friends...

I'm not happy for me. NZ misses out again. All these tours getting announced and none are here.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    Looks like Eddie is not coming to New Zealand. Guess Brisbane is the best option if one goes for one show?
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    hee haw... hee haw....
  • Options
    are these even official? theres nothing on any other websites or anything
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Grrrrr holding out for news of NZ shows but meanwhile YAY I gotta get saving! See you all in Sydney & Melbourne at least I guess/hope think!!! YAY TOUR! YAY ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    sickofitsickofit Norway Posts: 780
    edited November 2010

WOW! I just saw this thread and read all the posts on all the pages and finally someone thinks to ask this question instead of talking abt travel plans and whining abt their city not being included :lol::lol::lol::clap::clap:

OP: who or what is your source? Just posting dates and cities (not to mention an exorbitant ticket price ;) ) doesn't do it for me....I need solid proof! :D

OOOooOOOoohh, Thank you Easties!! :mrgreen:
    Easties wrote:

Just hope that's a legit article :P
    Post edited by sickofit on
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,071
    sickofit wrote:

WOW! I just saw this thread and read all the posts on all the pages and finally someone thinks to ask this question instead of talking abt travel plans and whining abt their city not being included :lol::lol::lol::clap::clap:

OP: who or what is your source? Just posting dates and cities (not to mention an exorbitant ticket price ;) ) doesn't do it for me....I need solid proof! :D

Agreed. I've been asking this for days and no one seems to think its a legitimate question. Although its looking more and more like it is a solo tour in Australia (for which I am happy for our Aussie friends :D ), I'm just skeptical of most rumors until I hear confirmation. What's worse though is that the original tweet was targeted to all 10c fans, which is misleading in some respect because a great majority of PJ fans won't be impacted by an Ed solo tour in Australia. For the record, I appreciate the tweets though. Here's to hoping that the official announcement includes additional dates...
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:
    sickofit wrote:

Agreed. I've been asking this for days and no one seems to think its a legitimate question. Although its looking more and more like it is a solo tour in Australia (for which I am happy for our Aussie friends :D ), I'm just skeptical of most rumors until I hear confirmation. What's worse though is that the original tweet was targeted to all 10c fans, which is misleading in some respect because a great majority of PJ fans won't be impacted by an Ed solo tour in Australia. For the record, I appreciate the tweets though. Here's to hoping that the official announcement includes additional dates...

It is all about marketing my friend...A way to get all the fan club members to renew fan club memberships....If 10c would have stated just oz tour...Everyone wouldn't be renewing their fan club membership....That is the way I see it..

I highly doubt that there will be any U.S. Ed solo tour dates anytime soon...
  • Options
    sickofitsickofit Norway Posts: 780
    vant0037 wrote:

IF the Aussie solo tour is for real, and in light of the fact that the Tweet was addressed to all 10Clubbers, one may have nothing to do with the other ;)

I too appreciate the tweets and subtle warnings to get our info/memberships in order before we miss out big-time :)
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/ ... 11204.aspx

NEWCASTLE HERALD, Australia

printed:

Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder to return to Newcastle
    AMY EDWARDS
    30 Nov, 2010 04:00 AM
    IT’S been four years between surfs but Eddie Vedder is heading back to Newcastle.

The lead singer of Pearl Jam, who performed in Newcastle in 2006, will bring his solo show to the Civic Theatre on Wednesday, March 16 next year.

A keen surfer and long-time friend of former world champion Mark Richards, Vedder has been known to hit the waves in Newcastle when he performs in the city.

The Newcastle show was a last-minute addition to the 2006 tour after Newcastle Pearl Jam fans lobbied tour promoter at the time Michael Coppel.

Vedder will visit Australia next year for a string of special theatre shows, which will kick off in Brisbane on March 10.

The intimate gigs will be a far cry from the Pearl Jam capital city tour in Australia last year where they played to more than 160,000 people, but did not visit Newcastle.

Vedder has stepped into solo mode on several occasions over the years including his soundtrack contributions to the films of friend Sean Penn – Dead Man Walking (1995), I Am Sam (2001) and more recently Into The Wild (2007).

This year Vedder recorded a new song, Better Days, which appeared on the soundtrack to the 2010 film Eat Pray Love.

Vedder, who will sit strumming a guitar, will be joined for the full Australian tour by US-based folk-pop outfit Evil J and Saint Cecilia, consisting of Australia’s own Eliza Jane Barnes and Ceci Herbert.

Tickets go on sale on Friday, December 10, through ticketek.

Print
    Increase Text Size
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 456
    I have to think if these dates were not legit, this thread would have been locked immediately. The fact that its still going tells me this is the real deal. I could be wrong....
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Whaaaaaat????? yaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhooooooooo
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    Hahahahaha. And once again, 10 Club is scooped on their own news. Unreal. I don't know of a single other band this happens to. I guess I don't follow as many bands as closely as Pearl Jam but of the few I do, none have this problem.

Would it have killed them or been in violation of promoters or anything just to have said "We can't give you dates but we can tell you he is coming to Australia". Instead we get a tweet for 10 days.

I know this sounds like bitching but I'm really not mad or anything. It's just silly how this always happens. Congrats to those down under and for those who correctly guessed AUS. You are in for a great show and Ed is in for a great vacation.

downer1.jpg
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore