If Google told you to jump off a cliff, would you?

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/05/29/ ... would-you/

Fucking Utahns. Oh wait... :? :oops:
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    how close to Park City do you live?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Too bad the car didn't finish the job and make society just a hair better.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    All google employees got a 10% raise this week, i wouldn't mind working for Google.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    dcfaithful wrote:

what an IDIOT!! lol!
    hope she wasn't hurt too badly but geeezuuzzz girl! wtf?

in other news...

quote from the article says

"You know those warning labels on those chemical packets that come in new shoes that say 'do not eat'? Have you ever wondered why they have to print something so stupidly obvious?"

my youngest daughter used to think these were pepper packets, you know like from a diner or mcdonalds or something, and had apparently been "using" them for some time before she actually told me that her pepper was tasting funny. OMG..some parent I was eh? And i have the nerve to give advice to others on here...lol!
    Still don't know where she got them from, or WHY she thought every purse, pair of boots or other packages came with a bonus pack of pepper...but ...well, who knows what goes thru the mind of a young teenager (oh yeah, she was no baby either, so i can't use that excuse) ...let alone one of MY kids OMG...when i read that i laughed so hard....seriously tho....i suppose after all these years its safe to assume she's alright. geez. can't beleive i just told the entire PJ community about my super duper parenting and supervision skillset. :wtf: :oops: :roll:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

what an IDIOT!! lol!

in other news...

"You know those warning labels on those chemical packets that come in new shoes that say 'do not eat'? Have you ever wondered why they have to print something so stupidly obvious?"

my youngest daughter used to think these were pepper packets, you know like from a diner or mcdonalds or something, and had apparently been "using" them for some time before she actually told me that her pepper was tasting funny. OMG..some parent I was eh? And i have the nerve to give advice to others on here...lol!
    Still don't know where she got them from, or WHY she thought every purse, pair of boots or other packages came with a bonus pack of pepper...but ...well, who knows what goes thru the mind of a young teenager (oh yeah, she was no baby either, so i can't use that excuse) ...let alone one of MY kids OMG...when i read that i laughed so hard....seriously tho....i suppose after all these years its safe to assume she's alright. geez. can't beleive i just told the entire PJ community about my super duper parenting and supervision skillset. :wtf: :oops: :roll:

Did she happen to mix said packets in a bowl of salsa?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    4and20 wrote:
    how close to Park City do you live?

Approximately 37.89 miles.

I'm 7 miles from Downtown SLC.

I don't have a problem being away from Park City. It's nice to visit, and beautiful...but it's quite expensive there...and the demographic is rather snoody.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    edited November 2010
    All google employees got a 10% raise this week, i wouldn't mind working for Google.

Apparently it's one of the best companies to work for. :evil:

All the while I jsut received a 10% increase in my insurance premium. :thumbup: :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • This is a perfect example of what is wrong with the legal system in America. Hopefully the judge sticks her with Google's legal fee's.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    4and20 wrote:

Mmm. Machupichu. :lol:

EDIT: C'mon 4and20, show me a sign that you got that... :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,021
    StillHere wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

what an IDIOT!! lol!

in other news...

Sooooooo, you're saying I should take what you say with a grain of salt? or something to that effect? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I'm running low on pepper at home. Looks like I need to buy some shoes.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

I couldn't remember the episode specifically...I just remember the silica packets...but here ya go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pnr2gX97gs

(I was wondering how close to the idiocy you lived!)

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

I couldn't remember the episode specifically...I just remember the silica packets...but here ya go!

It's okay to admit you're stalking me. We can get high together, it's all good. :mrgreen:8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,021
    dcfaithful wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

It's okay to admit you're stalking me. We can get high together, it's all good. :mrgreen:8-)
    as long as it's HER stash, right? ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:

Exactly. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Google will win this case. The woman is a moron.
    mickeyrat wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

are you jealous Mickey? mmm........I do fancy young cubs.... :lol::lol::lol:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRTMs6A5rT_blJaXnk5k3CR3hef5ZCI-fCfaPnulVCSBE9HBQi

- Christopher McCandless
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Google will win this case. The woman is a moron.

No doubt. I hope the judge laughs in her face.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    4and20 wrote:

Cougar on the prowl. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

hey now...I'm not 40.....yet and I can still pass for 26 ;)

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

This is useless without pictures. :mrgreen::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

This is useless without pictures. :mrgreen::lol:

and there won't be any...see you at a Seattle pre-party! :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    and there won't be any...see you at a Seattle pre-party! :lol:

Denied. Save me a seat! :thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    4and20 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

what an IDIOT!! lol!

in other news...

don't think she got that idea...not hot peppers, black ground pepper silly...come to think of it i wonder if he stuff inside those packets is actually black? i would think is is silica right? so white right? hmmmm....that opens up a whole new realm of possibilities :roll:
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

don't think she got that idea...not hot peppers, black ground pepper silly...come to think of it i wonder if he stuff inside those packets is actually black? i would think is is silica right? so white right? hmmmm....that opens up a whole new realm of possibilities :roll:

*over StillHere's head*

:lol::lol:8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    mickeyrat wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

what an IDIOT!! lol!

in other news...

Sooooooo, you're saying I should take what you say with a grain of salt? or something to that effect? :mrgreen:

hahahhahaha Mickey it just goes to show you some of the crazy crap kids do....has NOTHING to do with the validity of my parenting advice, lol! no of course not...but, um..thinking back on it a bit, ya, hmmm..you may want to consider advice from others as well, and kinda, well, kinda weigh it all out lol! heheheheeeeee life is fun! isn't it? ;)
    peace,
    jo

dcfaithful wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

*over StillHere's head*

:lol::lol:8-)

obviously, but no surprise there heheheeeee

what is it supposed to mean anyway, gimme a break here, its been a long life :?

maybe i need to go back and read thru the thread a bit more thoroughly
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:

Just givin' ya shit. :)

It's a Seinfeld reference. In case you didn't know, on this board you're in the company of a couple of Seinfeld nerds.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

It's a Seinfeld reference. In case you didn't know, on this board you're in the company of a couple of Seinfeld nerds.

well that came full circle...i finally figured it out..duh...well musta missed that episode...good one..machu pichu lol!
    gimme all the sh*t you want, i can take it...i can i tell you...wait, i have to eh, um, find something first....ouch, hot, burnt myself.....aahhhhhhh..that's better, now you were saying? hmm?
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

well that came full circle...i finally figured it out..duh...well musta missed that episode...good one..machu pichu lol!
    gimme all the sh*t you want, i can take it...i can i tell you...wait, i have to eh, um, find something first....ouch, hot, burnt myself.....aahhhhhhh..that's better, now you were saying? hmm?

Puff, puff, pass. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: ... :geek:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL