The Official BRING CHADWICK BACK Thread.

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    pandora wrote:
    I went over to MT to look at the torture thread, to read through it a bit.
    I couldn't believe how rude everyone was being. And the Marine thread..I also didn't understand why a thread that honored a father should turn into a antiwar platform. :crazy:
    Debate is supposed to be an exchange of ideas done respectfully, I do remember that much from school.
    So why is it going bad so often as of late?

Ill-fitting underwear. That's the root cause of most of the world's turmoil.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    pandora wrote:
    I couldn't believe how rude everyone was being. And the Marine thread..I also didn't understand why a thread that honored a father should turn into a antiwar platform. :crazy:
    Debate is supposed to be an exchange of ideas done respectfully, I do remember that much from school.

Are people just more angry lately? Sure seems like it. But the MT shouldn't get a bad wrap; if we could just control our tempers and not take things personally, it could be better.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Now i wana get Banned and see who will start:

The Official BRING BINAURALJAM BACK Thread
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Like I said, I like Chadwick and I hope he comes back soon. But I dont think its fair of you to re-post this exchange between these two members -- it is misleading. It could even be his comments earlier in the thread that got him banned. He chose/resorted to name calling earlier than that.

Again though... bring back CHADWICK!

Instead of it being misleading, I thought the post was informative.
    The final thing that Chadwick said shouldn't be the only thing that be considered with regards to any ban.
    The last couple pages show much insults tossed his way, while all along his responses to those insults were mostly "that's cool, you could have your opinion".
    I was actually impressed that anybody could weather the insults he had thrown at him.
    The point is that those throwing the insults were not banned.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

*crickets*
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,707
    pandora wrote:

Wedgies are society's little antagonists.

And I know why I prefer the AET to AMT after reading a few pages of the apparently offending thread.
    I do think Boo Boo has a valid point, it takes two to tango.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Wedgies are society's little antagonists.

And I know why I prefer the AET to AMT after reading a few pages of the apparently offending thread.
    I do think Boo Boo has a valid point, it takes two to tango.

But 3 is a crowd, so go figure.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561

Who?
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    My take on A Moving Train

I think with all the controversial subjects in this forum, and all the dissenting views in A MOVING TRAIN insults are commonplace, there's not alot of "self checking", lack of restraint is apparent, and alot of posts seem knee-jerk and attack-like.

I like a good debate myself, but alot of debates on that forum seem rather uglified by immediate personal attack on either another person's intelligence or opinion. I believe the insulters are failing to recognize that by relying on the fallacy of "attacking the arguer rather than the argument", their own side of the argument is actually what is being compromised.

For the most part, the moving train forum, to me, seems like a breeding ground for bully-type behavior instead of honest debate.I 'm not saying all threads in that forum are that way. There are some very good debaters there.

But from what I 've seen, insults, snide insinuations, belittling, and self-righteous behavior seems to be very common and, what's worse, acceptable.
  • Now i wana get Banned and see who will start:

*crickets*

nah man I gotcha back! but don't get banned its awful out there...mean MEAN people await you...
    right Dissidentman? He's waiting lurking in the shadows waiting for the next person to be banned
    so he can drag them back to his bar...
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Boo Boo wrote:
    In response to your earlier post Johnny.

Is it unfair to post the dialog of the two in question? I don't think so.
    The other person is still posting and being just as negative. Why is that? Yes Chad "unleashed" (get it..he he)
    but, again, the other person was still insulting...that, I thought was grounds for banning...no?

Kat, am I wrong?

Well, like I said, he resorted to name calling previous to what you posted, but aimed at someone else so that couldve resulted in the ban too. It was a good discussion over there, but it turned sour for a few pages. I dont think the 'other guy' deserved to be banned by what he said, and neither did the mods apparently.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • I try to steer clear of the Moving Train. I prefer to discuss important more issues here "What's the best version of Betterman?" "Please Ed, play Newch's backyard" and "What's the funniest buddy comedy of the 21st century".
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Half Full wrote:

I think with all the controversial subjects in this forum, and all the dissenting views in A MOVING TRAIN insults are commonplace, there's not alot of "self checking", lack of restraint is apparent, and alot of posts seem knee-jerk and attack-like.

I like a good debate myself, but alot of debates on that forum seem rather uglified by immediate personal attack on either another person's intelligence or opinion. I believe the insulters are failing to recognize that by relying on the fallacy of "attacking the arguer rather than the argument", their own side of the argument is actually what is being compromised.

For the most part, the moving train forum, to me, seems like a breeding ground for bully-type behavior instead of honest debate.I 'm not saying all threads in that forum are that way. There are some very good debaters there.

But from what I 've seen, insults, snide insinuations, belittling, and self-righteous behavior seems to be very common and, what's worse, acceptable.

this is true...I like to have AMT in their own thread...they can stay over there Otherwise they would come into here and cause problems...a few of them DO come here and try to start stuff when it's dead in there. I wish the mods would move those threads from here to MT...i have seen some stuff get too carried away when it's in here.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Boo Boo wrote:

*crickets*

nah man I gotcha back! but don't get banned its awful out there...mean MEAN people await you...
    right Dissidentman? He's waiting lurking in the shadows waiting for the next person to be banned

NICE!!! wait a minute, i get to spend 5 days in a bar, i'd drink myself to death 3.
  • Half Full wrote:

:clap: Well Done and Said :clap:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I try to steer clear of the Moving Train. I prefer to discuss important more issues here "What's the best version of Betterman?" "Please Ed, play Newch's backyard" and "What's the funniest buddy comedy of the 21st century".

And don't forget, asking what's for breakfast/lunch/dinner and whether Black Diamond will ever finish "The Book Thief."
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Boo Boo wrote:

*crickets*

NICE!!! wait a minute, i get to spend 5 days in a bar, i'd drink myself to death 3.

You've already died twice?
  • Half Full wrote:
    Like I said, I like Chadwick and I hope he comes back soon. But I dont think its fair of you to re-post this exchange between these two members -- it is misleading. It could even be his comments earlier in the thread that got him banned. He chose/resorted to name calling earlier than that.

The final thing that Chadwick said shouldn't be the only thing that be considered with regards to any ban.
    The last couple pages show much insults tossed his way, while all along his responses to those insults were mostly "that's cool, you could have your opinion".
    I was actually impressed that anybody could weather the insults he had thrown at him.

I agree to a dgree. He did have a lot of shit lobbed at him. He is usually cool and answeres very esoterically. And while i dont agree with that one quote by the 'other guy', there was some baiting going back and forth for a bit.

And there must've been something in the air that day, because it seemed like there was a lot of anger floating around... But we must all keep cool and not resort to name calling.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Half Full wrote:

I agree to a dgree. He did have a lot of shit lobbed at him. He is usually cool and answeres very esoterically. And while i dont agree with that one quote by the 'other guy', there was some baiting going back and forth for a bit.

And there must've been something in the air that day, because it seemed like there was a lot of anger floating around... But we must all keep cool and not resort to name calling.

or baiting and insulting in general

• NICE!!! wait a minute, i get to spend 5 days in a bar, i'd drink myself to death 3.

:think:
    Binaural Jam is Kat

8-):lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• NICE!!! wait a minute, i get to spend 5 days in a bar, i'd drink myself to death 3.

:think:
    Binaural Jam is Kat

8-):lol:

YIKES!! :shock:
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Half Full wrote:

I see these types of behaviours in all the forms.

Time for the Mods to realize this is an intenet message board which results in a lot of immature posts(i.e. chadwick).

IMO a lot of posters on this board are arrogant in their opinions. I include myself in this catagory(check my sig).

Chadwicks posts are usually quite amusing but also derogatory. I for one will miss his silly opinions.

I also see no good reason to ever ban anyone. This is nothing but a message board. Sticks and stones.
    #FHP
  • Horos wrote:
    Half Full wrote:

I see these types of behaviours in all the forms.

Time for the Mods to realize this is an intenet message board which results in a lot of immature posts(i.e. chadwick).

IMO a lot of posters on this board are arrogant in their opinions. I include myself in this catagory(check my sig).

Chadwicks posts are usually quite amusing but also derogatory. I for one will miss his silly opinions.

I also see no good reason to ever ban anyone. This is nothing but a message board. Sticks and stones.

he did not act alone.

a wise man once said..“Just remember all...that words are powerful, so very powerful, that it can change attitudes (for the better or for the worse), with or without provocation...."
    I'm not Kat, if i was Chad would still be here.

I'm only good at disciplining women. ;)

but that's only because i know they secretly like it.
  • There really should be a 'kiss-and-make-up" button in these forums that two people in an argument must be forced to use. (maybe it could be something silly that is an alternative to banning -- it might make everyone realize that most of us are here because of our common love for Pearl Jam.)

I say this also because I find it interesting, educational, and eye-opening to have discussions in all these forums. But I know that emotions can run high and most of the time, even if I completely disagree with someone, I feel a sense of happiness after the debate because I can appreciate that we are all very different and come from very differnt places. Its a great way to learn.
  • I will say I am surprised that "the other poster" hasn't decided to state his opinion as of yet.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,021
    will I get banned too for posting this thread?

yes/no?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    i like that "other poster", he's generally cool dude. We all have our bad days.

Ya can't kick a Poet in his Poetry, your gona get a reaction.

by the way, never say anything bad about Jason Varitek to Fenway either.
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    will I get banned too for posting this thread?

yes/no?

Start it and see....DUN DUN DUN....
  • I'm waiting....
This discussion has been closed.