THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Am I the only one who thinks this season will be a huge disappointment?
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    stickfig13 wrote:
    It's been good...not Great. Hopefully things pick up with around 4 episodes to go.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    I think there is going to have to be some sort of huge plot shakeup to save the last half of the season. Clearly there is a final showdown with the mayor brewing, but that seems pretty dull to me.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • it was shown in the "next week" clips that Daryl and Merle are in it. they aren't off the show it seems. Bets on who eventually offs merle?

Michonne
    Maggie
    Glen
    Rick
    Hershel
    Daryl
    Tyrese

My sensible bet's on Hershel (father of the daughter he captured), but the shocking bet's on Daryl.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • it was shown in the "next week" clips that Daryl and Merle are in it. they aren't off the show it seems. Bets on who eventually offs merle?

Michonne
    Maggie
    Glen
    Rick
    Hershel
    Daryl
    Tyrese

My sensible bet's on Hershel (father of the daughter he captured), but the shocking bet's on Daryl.

My guess is Daryl, I bet he eventually has to decide between Merle and the group and picks the group
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • zagizagi Posts: 414
    sorry if i'm spamming, but it is all thing zombie and it's funny (at least to me :D )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH3iB_zc370
  • stickfig13 wrote:

I don't have a great feeling about the rest of this season either. But there were lulls in the other seasons, and they built back up well.

I really don't see how the baby will become anything other than wasted scenes and time fillers.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Michonne
    Maggie
    Glen
    Rick
    Hershel
    Daryl
    Tyrese

I'm guessing in the season ending battle with the governor and his crew, Merle plays the hero and dies fending off the invaders so the group can escape.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Michonne
    Maggie
    Glen
    Rick
    Hershel
    Daryl
    Tyrese

I'm guessing in the season ending battle with the governor and his crew, Merle plays the hero and dies fending off the invaders so the group can escape.

I think the odds on Merle redeeming himself in such a heroic fashion are about as likely as seeing Daryl and the Governor becoming friends with benefits.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    anyone watch the Talking Dead afterwards? They had a poll on what you would have done with Merle?

bring him back to the group
    leave him (which is what i would have done)
    cut off his other arm
    and i forgot the the choice

Also anyone think daryl might be just getting some info on The Governor by "teaming " with Merle? Long shot but maybe he and Rick made a pack. I know blood thicker than water. But he just left the group like that? I think he has his own plans.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    why don't they just call them Zombies like the rest of us would?
    aqo2t.jpg
    it was shown in the "next week" clips that Daryl and Merle are in it. they aren't off the show it seems. Bets on who eventually offs merle?

Michonne
    Maggie
    Glen
    Rick
    Hershel
    Daryl
    Tyrese

My guess is Daryl, I bet he eventually has to decide between Merle and the group and picks the group

I say he gets bit & Daryl will have to put him out of his misery.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • stickfig13 wrote:
    It's been good...not Great. Hopefully things pick up with around 4 episodes to go.

I think the season premiere was great, and then it kind of went downhill from there. Glen in the interrogation scene was great. Rick is being a little bitch.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • pjradio wrote:
    why don't they just call them Zombies like the rest of us would?

in their world even fictional zombies never existed, so they don't know to call them that.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • anyone watch the Talking Dead afterwards? They had a poll on what you would have done with Merle?

bring him back to the group
    leave him (which is what i would have done)
    cut off his other arm
    and i forgot the the choice

Also anyone think daryl might be just getting some info on The Governor by "teaming " with Merle? Long shot but maybe he and Rick made a pack. I know blood thicker than water. But he just left the group like that? I think he has his own plans.

I was shocked that the poll results favoured bringing him back to the group (by a small margin, but still). the guy would have probably killed Rick, or raped Hershel's young daughter, or something sick.

I think Daryl did simply what anyone would have done.....stick with family. it doesn't matter that Merle is a fuck. Daryl grew up being protected by Merle, and like he said, it's always been just the two of them. I think he eventually will get sick of him though and stick up for himself. Merle is the only one that seems to have control over Daryl. Eventually Daryl is going to bite back.

it must be tough being a cast member having already shot the entire season and not slip up and give anything away.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    2eydkya.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • I think the season premiere was great, and then it kind of went downhill from there. Glen in the interrogation scene was great. Rick is being a little bitch.

the dude killed his best friend, lost his wife, and has a whole group depending on him....i think just about anyone would cave.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Maybe Carl will bitch slap his dad and tell him to snap out of it :lol::lol::lol:

I have high hopes for next episode, so far as a whole this show has never let me down. Don't see it starting now. Wouldn't mind Michonne cracking a smile every now and again. heh. I mean who can trust her with that scowl and shifty eyes :roll:
    Maybe Merle will treat Daryl with just one more dis he just won't back down from and he makes a choice for what is best for him. That would make me happy, him making the move in his own head instead of Merle simply getting shot or bit. It would raise Daryl to a whole new level deciding on his own to walk away from his brother.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I thought it was a good mid season come back.

Tyrese is gonna take over as the strong man. He is gonna rock (i hope)

I wonder if Andrea is just playing the crowd to get them on her side to turn against the gov or if she is going to fall in line with him. If she does she is dead to me. I already dislike her.

Maggie blasting caps with that machine gun was hot :o
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    Maggie blasting caps with that machine gun was hot :o

absolutely 1000% agree.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    81 wrote:
    i would guess 12....i'm sure google holds the answer.

8 more left...well, 7 now
    aqo2t.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Really? Compared to last season, this season is amazing! Last season was a total snooze-fest!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280

I was shocked that the poll results favoured bringing him back to the group (by a small margin, but still). the guy would have probably killed Rick, or raped Hershel's young daughter, or something sick.

I think Daryl did simply what anyone would have done.....stick with family. it doesn't matter that Merle is a fuck. Daryl grew up being protected by Merle, and like he said, it's always been just the two of them. I think he eventually will get sick of him though and stick up for himself. Merle is the only one that seems to have control over Daryl. Eventually Daryl is going to bite back.

it must be tough being a cast member having already shot the entire season and not slip up and give anything away.

Yeah, Daryl has really grown up a lot since season 1. Even when they escaped he didn't seem to have any problem with Rick knocking his ass out to shut him up.
    I really don't think Daryl is playing a spy and hanging with Merle to get info. Merle is going to be hunted down...pretty sure it's in Daryl's best interest to stay with Rick's group.
    Ultimately, I think Daryl went with his gut "stick with my brother", but will not put up with his shit and come back.
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    I think the next supply run they should put at the top of the list anti psychotics pills for Rick
    My butt itches!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    bump for tonight! :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    still waiting on the milwaukee meet and greet report. paging cubee........
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i here it's a better episode this week
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I must not have been paying attention last Sunday. I'm watching the repeat and realized I missed a lot. I about jumped off the couch watching the scene where the red pickup was blocking the road , and Glen opened the door and the Walker jumped out. It was like I had never seen it before. :D
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    KIll of the Week, the car door
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    KIll of the Week, the car door

Yes. Awesome!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi