Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I finally had a chance to watch this. Had to spend $2.99 for the episode on iTunes, then $15 for one day of hotel Wi-Fi.

Thank you so much, Chicago Hilton, for charging $300 a night for a room that doesnt include Wi-Fi and doesn't have AMC as an available TV channel! Been here since Friday, and have been dying to see this episode.

Someone asked a few pages back about the white inmate. He's with them, he was standing in the background when Maggie appeared with Carl and the baby. He wasn't far from Glenn.

The single thing that I found most shocking: Herschel with a ponytail.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    ok, so Lori was trying to talk Rick into getting rid of Shane but he really didn't take it out on Lori until she was pissy with him on the road after they left the farm. Isn't that when she found out Carl put down zombie Shane??

Previews have Rick going mental. Should be good to see which way he goes. :twisted:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

Ha! Ha! I was shocked too. Everyone else cuts their hair apparently, but Herschel.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    I finally had a chance to watch this. Had to spend $2.99 for the episode on iTunes, then $15 for one day of hotel Wi-Fi.

Thank you so much, Chicago Hilton, for charging $300 a night for a room that doesnt include Wi-Fi and doesn't have AMC as an available TV channel! Been here since Friday, and have been dying to see this episode.

It's crazy that all hotels/resorts don't have free wi-fi. I was just on my honeymoon in the Caribbean which cost thousands of dollars and still no free wi-fi :fp: I feel like crappy hotels are more likely to have free wi-fi.

But this was a pretty damn good episode to fork over $18 for!
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    i assumed T Dawg might bite the dust this episode once he started talking about letting the peisoners join them but i did not expect Lori to go so soon.. i hope we get flashbacks of him but it seems unlikely now that he's dead..

i thought it was funny when the white prisoner kept trying to kiss up to the group and the black prisoner kept telling him to grow a pair.
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    My friend at work walked in this morning, took one look at me and said...."I don't think Carl shot his mother"

i thought about it too when we didn't actually see him do it.. and now, after reading the posts on here, i'm thinking maybe Carol found Lori and sew her up, saving her.. can that happen?
    Maggie said that Carol was the one practicing..
    i know it's ridiculous but the same actress was considered dead for a whole season on Prison Break before they brought her back.. :)
  • Options
    Yarden wrote:
    i assumed T Dawg might bite the dust this episode once he started talking about letting the peisoners join them but i did not expect Lori to go so soon.. i hope we get flashbacks of him but it seems unlikely now that he's dead..

i thought it was funny when the white prisoner kept trying to kiss up to the group and the black prisoner kept telling him to grow a pair.
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    My friend at work walked in this morning, took one look at me and said...."I don't think Carl shot his mother"

i thought about it too when we didn't actually see him do it.. and now, after reading the posts on here, i'm thinking maybe Carol found Lori and sew her up, saving her.. can that happen?
    Maggie said that Carol was the one practicing..
    i know it's ridiculous but the same actress was considered dead for a whole season on Prison Break before they brought her back.. :)

add to that they talked about T Dawg's wrap from the show on Talking Dead, how they had a dinner and he got a gift from the cast, but no pics of the actress who plays Lori getting a gift or anything. It was left as if she didn't die.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

Someone asked a few pages back about the white inmate. He's with them, he was standing in the background when Maggie appeared with Carl and the baby. He wasn't far from Glenn.

Damn... http://watchseries.eu/ next time
  • Options
    Worst fake cry I think I have ever seen goes to Rick.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I thought he did an excellent job.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

I wasn't buying it
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    dlkrhx.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    dlkrhx.jpg

:lol:
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154

I thought he did a pretty realistic job as well. Lots of emotion in that last scene...your wife is dead, you have a new child and your other child witnessed the birth/death. If that doesn't make you physically break down, I don't know what will.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options

I thought he did a pretty realistic job as well. Lots of emotion in that last scene...your wife is dead, you have a new child and your other child witnessed the birth/death. If that doesn't make you physically break down, I don't know what will.

PBM

I agree. I thought it was a good job. It made me feel sad watching him.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    excellent acting all the way around
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

I thought it was excellent, personally.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Now I'm thinking about their hair.

Andrea's looks great, so does Michonne's and Maggie's.

Clearly the zombie apocalypse hasn't resulted in reduced access to hair dye, stylists who can braid well, and blowdryers.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012

I agree. It looked like an accurate representation of someone losing their shit.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options

I agree. It looked like an accurate representation of someone losing their shit.

I particularly liked when he turned and took in the scene after he heard the baby's cry, and turned around. You could see it dawning on him...
  • Options

I particularly liked when he turned and took in the scene after he heard the baby's cry, and turned around. You could see it dawning on him...
    [/quote]

This part of the show was amazing. I was an Andrew Lincoln fan pre-walking dead, the man is a great actor. I agree that he did a great job of acting like someone who was falling apart. I cannot wait to see what unfolds next week!

Edit: Wow, not sure what happened to get the quotes off that bad, but you get the idea.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    Cradles Broken Glass, I don't know what happened there, but I'm not quoting off it! :lol:

I haven't seen Andrew Lincoln in anything else, what do you recommend?
  • Options
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

Ho.

Lee.

Crap.

:shock:
  • Options
    Cradles Broken Glass, I don't know what happened there, but I'm not quoting off it! :lol:

I haven't seen Andrew Lincoln in anything else, what do you recommend?

The first thing I ever saw him in was Masterpiece Theater's Wuthering Heights. I might be a bit partial, because it is my favorite book. I think that this is a great adaptation of the book. Andrew plays Edgar Linton. I was excited to see The Walking Dead being made into a show, and I loved the fact that he was playing Rick. I find it very interesting how British people pull off the southern accent so well. It also has Tom Hardy in it prior to Inception and his role in The Dark Knight Rises. Anyway, if you are a lit nerd at all, you might enjoy that movie.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options

Ho.

Lee.

Crap.

:shock:

a tidal wave of zombies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :corn:
  • Options
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

that was epic acting right there. the actress who plays maggie did a phenomenal job too.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

;)8-)

been waiting for this as soon as i heard it was in the works
    happened to pop up on FB last night under my zombies like :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options