Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Another awful episode. But I keep watching.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited March 2017
    i think he is a snake, the first interactions with darryl showed us all what he is about. Darryl was open and willing to help but dicky took advantage, stole his bike, bow and what not. Then the interaction on the tracks... another bonehead move trying to kill everyone along with survivor crew.... Dr Denise dead by his bow, as he was aiming for Darryl. The only reason he is turning is because of his wife.... yeah he had to turn for her, but if she wasnt in the equation he would be comfortable with his situation as Negans B.

aka Rat boy
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Nami said:

i think he is a snake, the first interactions with darryl showed us all what he is about. Darryl was open and willing to help but dicky took advantage, stole his bike, bow and what not. Then the interaction on the tracks... another bonehead move trying to kill everyone along with survivor crew.... Dr Denise dead by his bow, as he was aiming for Darryl. The only reason he is turning is because of his wife.... yeah he had to turn for her, but if she wasnt in the equation he would be comfortable with his situation as Negans B.

aka Rat boy

true, but I think everyone is corruptible in that way. as long as you feel you are doing what is right, or what you need to do to survive, then that's the way it is. I think Rick's group is way less innocent/moral than some think.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746

Another awful episode. But I keep watching.

Yep. That about sums it up. It was painfully obvious that this half season would go this way....I don't know why they continue to move the story along at such a slow pace.
  • Options
    hoping for a good show tonight....
    loving into the badlands lately :)

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    so who left the army man? Dwight? Now I have to stay up for TTD!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    Sprunkn7 said:

so who left the army man? Dwight? Now I have to stay up for TTD!

Was wondering the same thing. I don't remember it being referenced earlier.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    edited April 2017
    ok, so yes, it was Dwight that left the figure. I'm not sure why that makes me happy, but it does. After thinking about it, I remembered it was the garbage people up on the fence watching them set up the explosives in the truck...Cant' wait for them to kill that stupid one syllable talking bitch!

I loved the finale. This season was pretty much crappy IMO.....but at least it went out with great writing and with a little bit of closure, not a cliffhanger!
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    That episode felt like it could have been the episode that leads up to the season finale. I thought it kind of fell flat. Didn't need another episode setting the pieces and talking about going to war again.

Nonetheless, glad they didn't leave everyone with a shameless cliffhanger like they did last year.
  • Options
    rival. said:

That episode felt like it could have been the episode that leads up to the season finale. I thought it kind of fell flat. Didn't need another episode setting the pieces and talking about going to war again.

Nonetheless, glad they didn't leave everyone with a shameless cliffhanger like they did last year.

I felt the same way, was the episode leading up to the finale.
    Better episode, but I thought the fighting in the end had the cheesy 80s vibe to it. No one ran out of bullets. Ezekiel took out as many people with his pistol as Darrel did with his fully automatic whatever it was, that must of held 500 rounds because he never let up on the trigger.
    So can we expect them to drag this war out for an entire season now? Or at least half a season. With some more backstory fillers. I cant imagine they would end this season with this, then only take 2 or 3 episodes to end the war.
  • Options
    I love how the tiger knew to only eat "bad guys" and not "good guys" from Alexandria. This show just makes me laugh out loud its so bad.
  • Options

I love how the tiger knew to only eat "bad guys" and not "good guys" from Alexandria. This show just makes me laugh out loud its so bad.

haha i thought that as well.

also, wasn't rick shot? i love at the end of the episode everyone is recovering in bed and there is rick, hanging out tending to michonne like he didn't take a bullet to the gut.
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    What did Negan mean when he said to Rick, "The universe is giving you a sign and you're giving it the middle finger...(up the asshole), lol. What sign was the universe giving Rick, in Negan's opinion? To let Negan just take over everything? To surrender?
  • Options

dwight wasn't really a snake. he's a survivor like anyone else in this world. everyone hated him because he crossed daryl. but he did what he had to do to survive. and he is incredibly bitter about stealing the love of his life and now she's gone and hates him, and he resents negan for that.

i don't read the comics, but my buddy does, and he told me that negan has never killed a woman or a child. that told me right from the start that even though we all think of him as a psycho, he has rules. psychos don't have rules. he has morals, just like rick and his crew. he often goes overboard (throwing that guy into the furnace and burning alive, for one), but he does that to keep everyone in line, and other times he shows mercy, or even a tender side, like when he was carl. he's a perplexing character, multi-dimensional, not as easy to pin down as "evil" like the governor.

"Negan often goes overboard (throwing that doctor into the furnace and burning alive, for one), but he does that to keep everyone in line..."

I felt Negan went overboard there out of insane jealousy and bitterness and maybe some heartache-- one because of the possible doctor and Sherry thing (that D framed the doc for), two because Sherry just seemed to drop both Dwight and Negan like bad habits and not look back. Don't get me wrong, I understand that she and Dwight were in some situation, where in order for both to stay alive, she had to be one of Negan's wives. But then to tell Dwight in that (Dear John) goodbye letter that he had changed so much and she didn't like who he had become...Please. The man stayed alive to make sure she was okay, watching her screw another guy the whole time, and then all she had to do was meet him at their house, if they ever both got away, and she doesn't even have the decency to do that. I'm sorry, but I hope Sherry turns up down the road as a walker, for not being loyal to Dwight. Also, in a world like that, if their marriage was so great, they should have realized they were both better off dead than to knowingly subject themselves to the sister wives set up, and that it would all just work out somehow.

• Options
    I just remembered what it reminded of. "The A Team". Daryl must have gotten off a million rounds and none of the "bad guys" were wounded. That's what this show has become its that bad.
  • Options

I just remembered what it reminded of. "The A Team". Daryl must have gotten off a million rounds and none of the "bad guys" were wounded. That's what this show has become its that bad.

Ha, yes! I mentioned it reminded me of those cheesy 80's action shows. That's exactly it!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    i guess i was wrong about Dwight. Seems like he has switched sides based on the army piece...

The show was on par with the rest of the season- blah.

The whole Sasha sequence was brutal... dont understand why they had to consume the majority of the show with her and abraham deciding if they should stay or go on the trip for Maggie...perhaps they felt they needed to do a proper send off for her?How in the hell did the alexandria crew pick up their guns without getting slaughtered by the garbage/negans crew? The Sasha zombie attack and the part with him hiding cowardly behind Simon was so out of character for BADASS Negan? Darryl's gun reminded me of a weapon from the video game Halo.

With a pending war coming, the show ended with everybody calm, relaxing and enjoying the sun... how in the hell are they going to merge the three groups for safety now?

Commercials are brutal too....consume the show now.

The garbage crew leader to Michonne... i lay with him later? hahaha
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    Nami said:

i guess i was wrong about Dwight. Seems like he has switched sides based on the army piece...

The whole Sasha sequence was brutal... dont understand why they had to consume the majority of the show with her and abraham deciding if they should stay or go on the trip for Maggie...perhaps they felt they needed to do a proper send off for her?How in the hell did the alexandria crew pick up their guns without getting slaughtered by the garbage/negans crew? The Sasha zombie attack and the part with him hiding cowardly behind Simon was so out of character for BADASS Negan? Darryl's gun reminded me of a weapon from the video game Halo.

With a pending war coming, the show ended with everybody calm, relaxing and enjoying the sun... how in the hell are they going to merge the three groups for safety now?

EXACTLY my thoughts!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited April 2017
    Most of the dialogue/action sequences of when the Kingdom rolled in to save the day was hilariously cheesy.

And the classic off screen fake out death of a major character that you immediately knew wasnt gonna hold up(Michonne falling)
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    I thought the finale sucked. Nobody shot the tiger? Endless ammo and few kill shots. I'm kinda rooting for Negan.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Nami said:

You wrote, "I don't understand why they had to consume the majority of the show with her and Abraham deciding if they should stay or go on the trip for Maggie...perhaps they felt they needed to do a proper send off for her?"

I agree, but then they mentioned the Alpha and Omega thing. I believe it was Abraham who said him and Sasha were like Alpha and Omega. I've been listening to Johnny Cash's (When)The Man Comes Around a lot recently, so it reminded me of the "Its Alpha and Omega's kingdom come..." part. And to me it seemed like Abraham sacrificed himself in a sense, knowing he didn't have to go on that trip that Sasha didn't want him to go on. And then, ultimately, she sacrificed herself too, so that no one else would die from Negan using her. When she emphasized to Negan that "Okay, only one person has to die", with herself in mind, it also seemed very Jesus-esque of her I felt, this close to Easter. But then a whole slew of em perished anyway. Oh well. Wah wah wah.

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746

I thought the finale sucked. Nobody shot the tiger? Endless ammo and few kill shots. I'm kinda rooting for Negan.

LOL. I may be rooting for the Negan and the Saviors as well.

Like someone else mentioned, that tiger knew exactly which guys to kill!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Good riddance Sasha. You were hot, but your intense blank stare was more annoying than the kid that wanted Carols cookies.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    The last episode had the guts to be great. I liked what they did with Sasha. But the fucking "battle" scene may have been the worst battle scene in the history of TV. We're the saviors using blanks? Were they just shooting in the air? And why did the bitch holding Rick at gun point just,stand there for over a minute after the fighting had started? What the fuck? Then Rick: "we can work out another deal!" Are you fucking kidding me? That's the best they could do? I knew the kingdom was going to save Carl (even though I was hoping negan would get a swing on his head). But the fucking tiger? Seriously.

The first 2 episodes of next season better be 100 times better than any show of this season or I'm out.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    the tiger is actually a big supporting character in the comics. expect more tiger in future episodes.
  • Options

Moral of the story...never trust garbage people.

#garbagepailkids
  • Options

Moral of the story...never trust garbage people.

#garbagepailkids
    hahahaha
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    was talking to my co workers about this today, and I had many of the same observations as already stated here:

-the unlimited ammo but no kills was laughable
    -the tiger knowing who the bad guys are was hilarious
    -I still don't get the sasha/maggie sitting on the log sequence
    -what is the significance of the army man again?
    -I also noticed how everyone was calm and collected afterwards. wouldn't you be paranoid as fuck after that?
    -negan about to kill carl goes against one of his core values in the comics: he doesn't kill women or children, and carl is still a kid.

please kill ezekiel. either make him less of a douche or kill him. the old school royal speak is getting very annoying.

"thou shalt not be negan!"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

was talking to my co workers about this today, and I had many of the same observations as already stated here:

-the unlimited ammo but no kills was laughable
    -the tiger knowing who the bad guys are was hilarious
    -I still don't get the sasha/maggie sitting on the log sequence
    -what is the significance of the army man again?
    -I also noticed how everyone was calm and collected afterwards. wouldn't you be paranoid as fuck after that?
    -negan about to kill carl goes against one of his core values in the comics: he doesn't kill women or children, and carl is still a kid.

please kill ezekiel. either make him less of a douche or kill him. the old school royal speak is getting very annoying.

"thou shalt not be negan!"

HAHAHAHAH!!!!

"ALEXANDRIA SHALL NOT FALL TODAY"!!!