If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    dudeman said:

Neegan had a couple great lines:

"That's a goddamn tiger!"

"The widow's alive.... and guns a-blazin'!"

"Beach ball size lady nuts"
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I didn't mind the last episode. A lot of valid observations in here already. I'll say that other than Daryl, most people actually did run out of ammo. I'm just going to assume that not showing any kills was an assumed plot point, haha.

The tiger knowing who to kill and who not to was kind of lame, but still...^^^ that's a goddamn tiger!
  • Options
    This is what Khary Payton (Ezekiel) had to say:
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

This is what Khary Payton (Ezekiel) had to say:

hahahaha

dudeman said:

Neegan had a couple great lines:

"That's a goddamn tiger!"

"The widow's alive.... and guns a-blazin'!"

"Beach ball size lady nuts"
    awesome.... they got to show more of him next season.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170

was talking to my co workers about this today, and I had many of the same observations as already stated here:

-the unlimited ammo but no kills was laughable
    -the tiger knowing who the bad guys are was hilarious
    -I still don't get the sasha/maggie sitting on the log sequence
    -what is the significance of the army man again?
    -I also noticed how everyone was calm and collected afterwards. wouldn't you be paranoid as fuck after that?
    -negan about to kill carl goes against one of his core values in the comics: he doesn't kill women or children, and carl is still a kid.

please kill ezekiel. either make him less of a douche or kill him. the old school royal speak is getting very annoying.

"thou shalt not be negan!"

Sasha and Maggie on the log was a flashback to Season 5 when they met Aaron. Nicotero just forgot to put a wig on Maggie for it to match up.
    Dwight whittled the army man and left it to let Daryl know that he wasn't aware of the Heapsters working for Negan.
    He was making one when he first met Daryl in Season 6.
    The inconsistencies with Negan in the show vs. comics is killing me. He killed all the men and boys at Oceanside, but likes Carl and wanted to "break him", but then later decides he wants to kill him?
    lol at the unlimited ammo and 0 fatalities. LOL at Rick getting shot in the kidney area at close range and acting like it was a scratch.
    Ezekiel will probably be around for a little while, if they follow the comics.
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849
    anyone watch Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix yet?  Looks kindaa funny/interesting
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjRnbOgoAUQ

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847

Looks funny, might give it a try
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options

about halfway through the season.  it's not bad but not great either.  some funny parts. 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    is it on yet?

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    PJ_ROCKS said:
    is it on yet?
    walking dead? not till october. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    PJ_ROCKS said:
    is it on yet?
    :s

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKS said:
    PJ_ROCKS said:
    is it on yet?
    :s
    fear the dead has kept my interest in the meantime. 

• Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    That last scene was crazy.  WTH!

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Rick is Moses
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    He just woke up from the coma and it was all a dream!!!

Unless you read the comics of course...

• Options
    season premiere this Sunday
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,997
    Anyone else just completely feel like this show is really dragging on to the point it is almost embarassing now?
    Premier was just endless shooting with endless bullets, even though there is apparently a shortage of guns and ammo for them. 
    Getting pretty ridiculous at this point....but I still cant stop watching for some reason.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Anyone else just completely feel like this show is really dragging on to the point it is almost embarassing now?
    Premier was just endless shooting with endless bullets, even though there is apparently a shortage of guns and ammo for them. 
    Getting pretty ridiculous at this point....but I still cant stop watching for some reason.
    I thought the endless shooting was dumb.  They shot up a building - couldn't even see anyone inside - just shooting out windows, or so it appeared.  But when they needed to shoot they just stood there, i.e. when Negan came out of the compound.  Why the hell didn't somebody shoot him?   That was stupid.    And Rick's flash forwards, or dreams, or hallucinations or whatever were crazy.  
  • Options
    never thought i would hear a "Weird Al" song on the walking dead :lol:
    ok opener i guess
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I thought the endless shooting was dumb.  They shot up a building - couldn't even see anyone inside - just shooting out windows, or so it appeared.  But when they needed to shoot they just stood there, i.e. when Negan came out of the compound.  Why the hell didn't somebody shoot him?   That was stupid.    And Rick's flash forwards, or dreams, or hallucinations or whatever were crazy.  
    Yeah, the writing has gotten dumb and they know people will still watch... I'm one of them...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    mace1229 said:

Yep that's exactly how I feel about it at this point.  The worst part is that there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.  I know the comics are still going, but this show just can't go on indefinitely.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,997
    mace1229 said:

Yep that's exactly how I feel about it at this point.  The worst part is that there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.  I know the comics are still going, but this show just can't go on indefinitely.
    At some point the actor who plays Carl is going to look 26 years old, Rick will look 62 and they'll be forced to end somehow.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Didnt realize the show was back on until I saw this thread bumped.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I'll give you the next few plot lines:

Rick and crew fight Neegan. 

All is well for about a day then a new antagonist approaches.

Rick and crew go searching and find other survivors in another community but fuck up that commune too.

I started watching this for the zombies/walkers.  I could care less about back stories and character development.  Show me hordes and how to stop them.  Figure out a cure.  THAT'S exciting to me, not Michonnes story...

Other pet peaves of the last episode!!!

Gas.  How is the petrol still good?  The octane level would have been so crappy by now that the vehicles wouldn't run.  I don't recall one episode when the search party went looking for "octane booster"...

Shoot and kill Neegan, not the damn windows.   Antagonist ends, life goes on without conflict...

What was the purpose of the "armor" they put on the cars?  Was it to direct the walkers because it sure as hell wasn't stopping any bullets...

Gabriel fails yet again...

The hate is strong with me today...

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    well well well, as a guy without cable and has been buying this show on itunes for $70 a season, I am very happy with the reviews above. vindicates my choice not to buy this time. will wait till it comes on netflix next year. 

I'm frankly not surprised. one dude at work I asked how it was he exclaimed "now THAT'S how you start a SEASON!". I thought "ok, so it sucked". This guy loves action movies with zero plot and just tonnes of explosions, (he thinks The Expendables is one of the greatest movie franchises of all time), so whenever he says something is awesome, I know exactly what to expect. LOL. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Well, I don’t what would draw that guy to ep1. There wasn’t any action. Just dumdums shooting out windows.

they need to end this shit show. I can’t really think of any way to bring his show back to its former quality.
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Really not sure how anyone can defend this show anymore.
    I even think the writers know that its awful and that's why we had "Another One Ride The Bus".

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    I definitely felt all the unnecessary shooting was a bit much.  I thought their was mabye more hidden meaning to shooting out the windows, though?  I have my own theories about that and this whole storyline for that matter, but I've lost trust in almost everyone I know so......

Rick should have taken out Negan.   They all had so many chances.  But if Negan is a demon with his legion, and Rick a mere mortal, than Neegan always does have the upper hand a bit.  For those of us that know this by now, its a different kind of show, just sayin'.   Its like a battle on middle earth with all kinds of anything's possible going on.  That's the new form the show has taken for me.   I won't defend its every move or anything.  There are still unexplained shitty parts that don't make sense.   But the show, at parts, has become more biblical, more Revelations in motion to me now.  Sometimes, I think that's what some of the writers are going for, for those of us paying attention to what's going on in the world.