Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

i thought this was a good episode. i was surprised when daryl didn't give in. i thought he would.

and you can get polaroid film the same place you get dog food:

Negan's Nosh (grocery store kiddie corner from the compound)

I agree...this episode had me more engaged than last week and was a complete psychological episode that i thought was done brilliantly

The whole point is that Negan will break you down psychologically as they referenced with the people that have followed him...he fill find that one weakness, expose it, and control you

perfect example Rick and Dwight

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,519
    Very nice episode..i think finally Daryl gonna kill him and not Rick..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    It's interesting to see everyone's feedback. I like the second episode and was bored as hell for the entire third episode.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,921
    Tonight's episode is an extra half hour?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^^ Nice. Is it back to Rick's crew?
  • Options
    Rick and Coral
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Solid episode, not great but good.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    No need for this episode to be extra long, it was basically more of the same Negan stuff for the majority of the time.
    Was that burned up mattresses that Michonne found at the end?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

No need for this episode to be extra long, it was basically more of the same Negan stuff for the majority of the time.
    Was that burned up mattresses that Michonne found at the end?

Yeah, those were burned mattresses that she found. And I agree...not sure why this episode had to be extra long. I get that they're trying to build up Negan as the villain here, but the episode dragged on a bit.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I get really tired of hearing Negan talk...... on and on and on.... It gets old.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options

I get really tired of hearing Negan talk...... on and on and on.... It gets old.

Lol, I think that's the only interesting part of the show right now. They really need to get to how they're going to take neegan out. Because if they don't soon, im going to bail.

"I just slid my dick down your throat and you thanked me"
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

Lol, I think that's the only interesting part of the show right now. They really need to get to how they're going to take neegan out. Because if they don't soon, im going to bail.

Be prepared to bail. It is my understanding that he is still alive and well in the comics.....
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Be prepared to bail. It is my understanding that he is still alive and well in the comics.....
    i haven't read the comics but people have said that while he still is a live didn't they force him out of Alexandria or wherever they are now?

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

i haven't read the comics but people have said that while he still is a live didn't they force him out of Alexandria or wherever they are now?

That I don't know. I tell my buddy at work not to tell me too much about the comics.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    It's got to get more exciting than it is now. Other than the season opener, every show has been Boring as hell. I know we have to catch up with everyone, but damn, these filler shows are just too damn slow.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

I think they need to keep Jeffrey Dean Morgan around for awhile. He gets my vote for favorite villain. He's awesome. If they keep taking so much from Alexandria each week, I don't see how much longer Rick's group can keep going without fighting back though--unless some of the other groups get involved of course.

I don't know if its been pointed out yet, but the whole "we are Negan" bit goes along the lines of Legion in the Bible.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256

I'm the same.
    A bit over the top for general convo.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    so evidently Daryl was talking in morse code with his eyes and it was translated to "I Am East" funny thing is i noticed the big ass poster in the living room at the beginning of the episode and some Walking Dead freaks supposidely figured out the rest lol
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

so evidently Daryl was talking in morse code with his eyes and it was translated to "I Am East" funny thing is i noticed the big ass poster in the living room at the beginning of the episode and some Walking Dead freaks supposidely figured out the rest lol

jesus, I had no idea. I noticed the big ass poster, but thought nothing of it. where did you read this?

I also noticed there was a chinese checker board on the wall in Spencer's (or Rickchonne's) house. who puts a game board on the wall as a decoration?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

pjalive21 said:

jesus, I had no idea. I noticed the big ass poster, but thought nothing of it. where did you read this?

I also noticed there was a chinese checker board on the wall in Spencer's (or Rickchonne's) house. who puts a game board on the wall as a decoration?
    I had to go back and watch this part of the episode again...all these little easter eggs

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2016/11/15/the-walking-dead-daryls-morse-code-message-to-rick-decoded/

http://uproxx.com/tv/morse-code-the-walking-dead-daryl-rick/
  • Options

Maybe he paid by the word..lol
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:

easy peasy lemon squeezy!
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

Ha ha!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Negan remides me Alex, from A Clockwork Orange..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    So when is Rick going to get the fire back and start plotting against Negan?

Carl is going to try and take Negan out himself? With no guns?

Lastly, the story is getting old. Whenever the OG crew finds somewhere nice they screw it up or some other leader wants to kill them.

I find it hard to believe that no one is colonizing and trying to rebuild(Ezekiel and the kingdom is). The saviors are obviously parasites and just take from everyone like serfdom so they can't keep going on like this forever.
  • Options
    I'm thinking that Rick is defeated at the moment. He told Michonne that they had to accept it. So he is either hiding his intentions or hasn't had time to recover yet from the trauma. The current opposition seems to be from Rosita, Sasha, Maggie and Carl. But they are lone wolves so I'm not sure about the success. I enjoyed last night's episode.

As to the rebuilding as opposed to scavenging I agree. But the Savior's have a garden and chickens. I almost think it is as much wanting to control the territory as it is needing things. Serfdom seems to be the right term. Alexandria seems to be behind the curve as far as self sufficiency with food and clothing.
  • Options

I'm thinking that Rick is defeated at the moment. He told Michonne that they had to accept it. So he is either hiding his intentions or hasn't had time to recover yet from the trauma. The current opposition seems to be from Rosita, Sasha, Maggie and Carl. But they are lone wolves so I'm not sure about the success. I enjoyed last night's episode.

As to the rebuilding as opposed to scavenging I agree. But the Savior's have a garden and chickens. I almost think it is as much wanting to control the territory as it is needing things. Serfdom seems to be the right term. Alexandria seems to be behind the curve as far as self sufficiency with food and clothing.

Rick looks defeated but he looked at Lucile a few times wanting to hit Negan. I'm hoping that he is just playing defeated to get close to Negan and bash him one, lol.

The others you mentioned are going to do something soon. I just hope that they do it together...

Rick has said multiple times that Alexandria has been "lucky because of the walls". I'm not sure why they don't have farms in there?

It also bothers me that the walls are held up by bracing OUTSIDE of the compound... Anyone can scale those walls. Stupid design that's bothered me...

The saviors have farms? I thought that was the Kingdom?

• Options
    The episode about Dwight showed Dwight walking through the compound picking lettuce and tomato(I think - some veggies anyway) from a garden for his sandwich, and he went to the chicken coop and got a couple of eggs to fry.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Another episode that only focuses on 1 group. So I guess with these 8 episode half seasons, we can only expect to see each group for 2-3 episodes?? This structure is so dumb and makes it hard to advance the story.