Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Totally agree, jervin! Have been loving this season so far, but I hated last night's episode. It gave me the willies, eating Bob's leg was fine with me, but creepy kidnapping cops put me over the edge! :))
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    yeah last nights episode was ok....

hated the ending.... guess we'll have to wait till next week to see the last two episodes together.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I was really hoping that we would find out who Daryl brought back, but nooooooo..... instead we get an entire Beth episode. I liked seeing Beth being tough. I liked creepy Gorman being eaten. Was hoping that Dawn was get it too. I saw only one other police officer though (other than Dawn & Gorman). Are there supposed to be more? Did I miss one or two? Still not sure what the motivation is for them to keep bringing in people.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    eh. beth just isn't an interesting character at all and definitely not worthy of devoting an entire episode to her.

i am sure daryl brought back the guy that escaped the hospital with beth. going to round up rick & crew to go back and try and save carol now. is the hospital the same hospital that rick woke up in? that would be an interesting connection.
  • Options
    rival. said:

eh. beth just isn't an interesting character at all and definitely not worthy of devoting an entire episode to her.

i am sure daryl brought back the guy that escaped the hospital with beth. going to round up rick & crew to go back and try and save carol now. is the hospital the same hospital that rick woke up in? that would be an interesting connection.

That would be cool - Daryl bringing Noah back. I don't think Rick was in an Atlanta hospital. He lived in a small town outside Atlanta. I remember him traveling by horse quite a ways before he got to Atlanta in the first epi.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    show is good..
    but someone has to say it..
    we are talking about a copy paste of Lost
    everything of the patern of lost is there
    the caracters,the episodes,the way play episode per caracter..people wondering around
    dont know who to trust,like was the island at lost.the bad guys isnt the zombies but the other survivors
    the "mystery od what happened,and noone knows the solution"or maybe someojne thinks the knows
    they are prisoners,and next minute they are taking prisoners,
    how 2 different complitely caracters,become close as duet..all the drama and the feeling changing from normal people,become a fighter,a survivor ,a killer..even the little baby is there too...
    even the sign about that place they suppose to find peace,and they destroy it,remind me ,itsa not penny's boat..
    seriously..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    rival. said:

I thought it was a decent episode. Beth has definitely improved as a character. At first, she was kinda just in the background and would randomly sing a song every now and then....I remember not even knowing her name for a long time.

I could definitely see Rick and the gang going to the hospital to rescue Beth and Carol....now that the Terminus people are gone, they need a new group to battle with!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    i thought it was an ok episode. Just thought more answers would been answered like who was with Daryl and now i;m thinking it's probably carol messed up. Didn't they show a preview with Daryl saying she's not herself, but they didn't say or show who it was. Beth seemed fine, but carol not so much...
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited November 2014
    Im guessing Carol is faking injury to get inside the hospital...from there she's gonna kick ass and save Beth.
    The mystery person Daryl was bringing back at the end of the episode is Noah....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I didn't even think of Noah being the mystery person Daryl was with. I still hope it is Morgan!

And Carol is going to mess up Dawn... Dawn acts tough, Carol is tough. That can only have one outcome.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

Im guessing Carol is faking injury to get inside the hospital...from there she's gonna kick ass and save Beth.
    The mystery person Daryl was bringing back at the end of the episode is Noah....

What I think too, Carol went into the hospital. Daryl took Noah back to the group and they will all head back to the hospital to help rescue Beth and Carol.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346

i thought it was an ok episode. Just thought more answers would been answered like who was with Daryl and now i;m thinking it's probably carol messed up. Didn't they show a preview with Daryl saying she's not herself, but they didn't say or show who it was. Beth seemed fine, but carol not so much...

When did Darryl say that?
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/EWc7PzTbGNE

Tom Waits chimes in towards the middle.
  • Options

show is good..
    the caracters,the episodes,the way play episode per caracter..people wondering around
    dont know who to trust,like was the island at lost.the bad guys isnt the zombies but the other survivors
    the "mystery od what happened,and noone knows the solution"or maybe someojne thinks the knows
    how 2 different complitely caracters,become close as duet..all the drama and the feeling changing from normal people,become a fighter,a survivor ,a killer..even the little baby is there too...
    even the sign about that place they suppose to find peace,and they destroy it,remind me ,itsa not penny's boat..
    seriously..

I didn't see Lost but I heard it was all a dream or something. I recently read somewhere that the writers confirmed that Walking Dead is not just a dream while Rick is in a coma----so atleast we know it won't end the same way as Lost.

• Options
    silver39 said:

When did Darryl say that?
    i thought i heard/saw that during one of the previews.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    4 shows left and so much more to unveil. the last couples shows for me have been meh....

Abraham take was interesting
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options

show is good..
    seriously..

I didn't see Lost but I heard it was all a dream or something. I recently read somewhere that the writers confirmed that Walking Dead is not just a dream while Rick is in a coma----so atleast we know it won't end the same way as Lost.

who said all Lost was a dream?? :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LOST was not a dream. Producers and writers confirmed that. As I recall everything that happened on the island and elsewhere really happened. When they all met at the end they were in a post life state, i.e. purgatory, or heaven or something. When asked why they were all there at the same time it was said that there is no time in the after life or whatever, so they could have died at different times but still met up later. :)
  • Options
    and as i said the pattern of lost contiunue..doing exactly the same thing..
    every eposide has a part of caracters- group ,dont show anythign from the rest of caracters..next will be rick and his team,or go back to the clinic with that blonde..
    and at each episode,a new "truth" goes out from one of the caracters..like im not scinetist in this one..
  • Options

every eposide has a part of caracters- group ,dont show anythign from the rest of caracters..next will be rick and his team,or go back to the clinic with that blonde..
    and at each episode,a new "truth" goes out from one of the caracters..like im not scinetist in this one..

i think next week's episode is about Daryl and Carol.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

I had such high hopes with the first few episodes and now it looks like we are back to dragging out episodes. A flashback episode? That is some lazy story telling right there.

• Options

I had such high hopes with the first few episodes and now it looks like we are back to dragging out episodes. A flashback episode? That is some lazy story telling right there.

I kinda liked the flashbacks for Abraham....didn't really know much about this guy prior to last night's episode.
  • Options

What I think too, Carol went into the hospital. Daryl took Noah back to the group and they will all head back to the hospital to help rescue Beth and Carol.
    so much for that theory

Pretty solid episode. Answered some questions. Only two more episodes left this year :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Apparently the Abraham,

You are so right!

• Options

I kinda liked the flashbacks for Abraham....didn't really know much about this guy prior to last night's episode.
    Flashbacks are ok if they fill in the plot in ways that can't be otherwise. Abraham's flashbacks were ok because it would be hard to get the same emotional impact without them, but it could have been done without the flashback scenes.

As for last night's episode, total waste of time. Since it was a flashback we already knew how it ended, and the few holes that needed to be filled in could have been done with Daryl telling Rick what went down when he introduces Noah. 40 minute episode got us exactly where 5 minutes of dialogue could have gotten us.

Looks like we are back to TWD dragging out the story...
  • Options
    Next flashback..next group..next meeting all together next bad guys....repeat..
    i love Lost
  • Options

so much for that theory

Pretty solid episode. Answered some questions. Only two more episodes left this year :(
    It was alright. Didn't hate it, but didn't love it. I hate that they break up the season into 2 halves...2 more episodes and then we have to wait 2 months for more.
  • Options
    This last couple of episodes is how you go from 12 episodes per year to 14.
    Probably a great episode for the Carol and Darryl fans, but as pearljamaholic pointed out 5 mins of dialogue could've sorted it out.
    Loving how ominous Atlanta is looking.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,859
    edited November 2014
    Thought last episode was kind of a waste, usually a flashback is used to explain things we were wondering about right? All the flashbacks in this episode were meaningless. You mean Carol got to the prison because she saw the smoke from it? Shocker. She's still struggling with killing the kids and the sick ppl at the hospital? Shocker. She got taken to the hospital because they caught her? Shocker.

Anyway I love walking dead, seems like they have to go slow because they are exhausting all the material from the comic so quick. They could have easily made a full season about the cannibals, but burned through it in 4 episodes. But everyone finding each other after the prison is a full season? Come on.
    Post edited by a5pj on
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    i agree with the things going slower and drawn out.

However, I finally got the reason as to why Carol is always running away, everything she left behind has been/is destroyed..... smoke trail.

next week should be better as...their messing with the wrong bunch of people Rick is back.... :D