Options

Wow.............Does the T in Tea Party stand for Tool?.....

Comments

• Options
    [
    By the way, I hear the Guardian makes great toilet paper.

But you wouldn't know, because you've never read it, right?[/quote]

Actually I have. Also, your first argument did nothing to challenge what I actually said, which doesn't surprise me.[/quote]
    you can't really challenge such a juvenile statement as "Does the "D" in Democrat stand for "Doesn't believe in anything other than government entitlements?" that is a bullshit statement and you know it.[/quote]

No, it isn't. I think the proof is everywhere.

Also, I'm guessing it wasn't juvenile to say the "T" in Tea Party stands for tool? Double standard?
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    [

But you wouldn't know, because you've never read it, right?

Actually I have. Also, your first argument did nothing to challenge what I actually said, which doesn't surprise me.[/quote]
    you can't really challenge such a juvenile statement as "Does the "D" in Democrat stand for "Doesn't believe in anything other than government entitlements?" that is a bullshit statement and you know it.[/quote]

Also, I'm guessing it wasn't juvenile to say the "T" in Tea Party stands for tool? Double standard?[/quote]

seriously?
    where is this proof that the d that stands for democrat means that all democrats stand for is government entitlements? generalize much?

please provide proof that all democrats in congress support government entitlements. i can think of several that don't.... can you?

this ought be be interesting...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    [

But you wouldn't know, because you've never read it, right?

Actually I have. Also, your first argument did nothing to challenge what I actually said, which doesn't surprise me.

Also, I'm guessing it wasn't juvenile to say the "T" in Tea Party stands for tool? Double standard?[/quote]

seriously?
    where is this proof that the d that stands for democrat means that all democrats stand for is government entitlements? generalize much?

please provide proof that all democrats in congress support government entitlements. i can think of several that don't.... can you?

this ought be be interesting...[/quote]

Read the Health Care Bill.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options

Read the Health Care Bill.
    how the hell is mandating that you can not get dropped by your insurance if you get cancer or aids, mandating that you can keep your kids on your insurance until age 26, mandating that you can not be disqualified for a pre-existing condition, or giving health insurance to an exta 30 million people a government entitlement program?

it is not.

entitlement programs are social security, medicare, medicaid, welfare, wic for young single mothers, pensions for our soldiers, etc that are paid for by our tax dollars to take care of those that can not take care of themselves. how is this new law an entitlement program?? how? if it were "medicare for all" you can make that debate, but it is not. it is far from that, so you can't argue that.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Cosmo wrote:
    Anyone notice that the Tea Party defenders... BOTH came up with attack rebuttals on Democrats.
    Does that cause anyone to lean towards the opinion that the Tea Party is NOT independent.... rather, Republican?

Chomping at the bit, weren't you?

I'll speak out against whomever I feel the threat is to the country. I don't see a bigger one than the Demoncrats. You can laugh all you want, but the Tea Party will be picking up key seats next week and there is nothing you can do to change that.
    No... just making an observation.
    And what you are saying is that Democrats are the greatest threat to the country, not the partisan divide that fragments us and gets nothing done, right? That's cool... I just don't see it that way.
    My point is... the Tea Party is NOT Independent... it is Republican. When you speak of the Tea Party picking up seats, the fact is they will be Republicans picking up seats... not Independents, right? The basis of my point is that you are a Republican, whether you say so or not.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Godfather. wrote:
    yea kind like the dem's blindly following a president that has proven he was unprepared for his current job but that won't last much longer.....then what party will every one go to.
    :lol:

Godfather.

That's all they got, the race card. This stuff comes the people that say it's ok to kill babies and not put murders on death row. Kind of messed up.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    Cosmo wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    Anyone notice that the Tea Party defenders... BOTH came up with attack rebuttals on Democrats.
    Does that cause anyone to lean towards the opinion that the Tea Party is NOT independent.... rather, Republican?

Chomping at the bit, weren't you?

I'll speak out against whomever I feel the threat is to the country. I don't see a bigger one than the Demoncrats. You can laugh all you want, but the Tea Party will be picking up key seats next week and there is nothing you can do to change that.
    No... just making an observation.
    And what you are saying is that Democrats are the greatest threat to the country, not the partisan divide that fragments us and gets nothing done, right? That's cool... I just don't see it that way.
    My point is... the Tea Party is NOT Independent... it is Republican. When you speak of the Tea Party picking up seats, the fact is they will be Republicans picking up seats... not Independents, right? The basis of my point is that you are a Republican, whether you say so or not.

The simple fact that the Tea Party emerged AFTER 1/20/09 shows that they are Republicans. Where were they when Bush was spending like a cowboy at a whiskey bar - on other countries, on 2 wars - while lowering taxes? I guess low taxes are more important to the Tea Party than American kids getting sent to the desert to die for oil and corporate interests, such as Halliburton. How can we ignore that the VP, and most likely the most powerful individual in the country from 2001-2009 made a huge profit from the death of 5,000+ Americans and countless innocent Iraqis/Afghans?

Seriously, the Tea Party magically appears after Obama is inaugurated? You have to be kidding me. By the way, the Democrats are the biggest threat to the country? If it was up to Obama and many Democrats - despite the vote in favor of invading Iraq in a post-9/11 haze - we would have never been in Iraq/Afghan and 5000+ families wouldn't have lost sons, husbands, wives, daughter, brothers, and sisters.

And let me ask you this Electric Delta and any others that feel as he/she/it does: What was the reason that the Army or Marines gave you when they denied you the chance to enlist and go fight? Obviously, since you seem to support the Right and therefore the war, you would never, ever support other Americans dying if you didn't have the balls to go fight yourself. Nothing makes me more sick than people who are capable to fight in a war they support and don't, but instead choose to sit on their asses in the lap of luxury while others are murdered. And yes, it is murder. This is not a war, this is an invasion - Bush and Cheney are murderers. And before you give me this bull shit about Obama sending 30,000+ to Afghanistan, let it be known that I am not in support of that decision, nor do I blindly follow - like a retarded lemming - either of these 2 parties.

Let's all wake the fuck up and have some perspective.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Cosmo wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Anyone who votes for someone who legitimately believes that the "thing that's ruining your country" is not letting intelligent design be taught in public schools... deserves to be called a moron.
    Actually... it's not being coerced to reciting the 'Pledge Of Alligence' every morning. That's what is destroying our country.

That was creepy to me too. 7 years old and "pledging allegiance"?

My boss who is British was transferred to the US and his kids are doing the pledge of allegiance and they aren't even citizens. Its pissing him off.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Smellyman wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Anyone who votes for someone who legitimately believes that the "thing that's ruining your country" is not letting intelligent design be taught in public schools... deserves to be called a moron.
    Actually... it's not being coerced to reciting the 'Pledge Of Alligence' every morning. That's what is destroying our country.

My boss who is British was transferred to the US and his kids are doing the pledge of allegiance and they aren't even citizens. Its pissing him off.
    And they come from a county who's national anthem is "God Save the Queen"
    I feel bad for them :( ;)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Smellyman wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

'America, Uber Alles'... come on... what's so creepy about that?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

I think EVERYONE should recite the Pledge of Allegiance every morning... ;)

I pledge allegiance to my Flag and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    'America, Uber Alles'... come on... what's so creepy about that?
    i dunno, but i think i am more partial to "california uber alles" by the dead kennedys.....

• Options
    arthurdent wrote:
    I think EVERYONE should recite the Pledge of Allegiance every morning... ;)

I pledge allegiance to my Flag and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    Oh... you mean the original pledge... the way God intended it to be.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Godfather. wrote:
    yea kind like the dem's blindly following a president that has proven he was unprepared for his current job but that won't last much longer.....then what party will every one go to.

Godfather.

27532_128990393786049_5522_n.jpg
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

I love it. And by "it," I mean the truth.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Byrnzie wrote:
    love it!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    haffajappa wrote:
    And they come from a county who's national anthem is "God Save the Queen"
    I feel bad for them :( ;)

There are a lot of people campaigning to have the National anthem changed. One that has been suggested is Jerusalem, which I quite like, as it's William Blake's words coupled with a pretty inoffensive tune.

God Save The Queen sucks. Though I do like the Sex Pistols version.
  • Options

What's next that the Guardian staged this in England to make the tool look like an idiot!

Who really cares what the Guardian has to say it was the link from the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA that I was putting up. I think you may get it now.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    whygohome wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

I love it. And by "it," I mean the truth.

Ah, the race card.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    ya knew it would come.

Godfather.
  • Options
    cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984

Ah, the race card.

Person A: "The president's middle name makes him sound like a terrorist and I think he's a Muslim from Kenya. Even though I have no actual real evidence to support my claims, I swear he was not born in America and I'm fairly certain he was educated at a radical Muslim school. To underscore my point, I'm going to hold up a sign portraying him as an African witch doctor."

Person B: "I don't remember any other president ever facing this much scrutiny over his birthplace and ethnic heritage."

Person A: "There you go, playing the race card again!"
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    cajunkiwi wrote:

Ah, the race card.

Person A: "The president's middle name makes him sound like a terrorist and I think he's a Muslim from Kenya. Even though I have no actual real evidence to support my claims, I swear he was not born in America and I'm fairly certain he was educated at a radical Muslim school. To underscore my point, I'm going to hold up a sign portraying him as an African witch doctor."

Person B: "I don't remember any other president ever facing this much scrutiny over his birthplace and ethnic heritage."

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    Here is something else that confuses me about the Tea Party agenda...
    They seem to be really big of Jesus and Christianity and prayers and all that stuff... and seem to care more about THEIR money than the well being of others.
    Isn't that sort of contradictory of Christ's teachings? Somehow, i just cannot picture Jesus wearing a shirt made from a flag, holding a sign that says 'No pubic option for freeloaders'. Didn't Jesus HELP the 'freeloaders' of His time? I always though He spent most of His time amongst the poor and downtrodden, instead of kicking them as He passed?
    Maybe, i'm just reading the wrong version of the Bible... but, I'm pretty sure, Jesus would be labled a 'Libtard Democrat' by the Tea Party, in general. And probably a 'terrorist.'.. you know... coming from the Middle East and all.
    Can someone please, clue me in?
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    They seem to be really big of Jesus and Christianity and prayers and all that stuff... and seem to care more about THEIR money than the well being of others.
    Isn't that sort of contradictory of Christ's teachings? Somehow, i just cannot picture Jesus wearing a shirt made from a flag, holding a sign that says 'No pubic option for freeloaders'. Didn't Jesus HELP the 'freeloaders' of His time? I always though He spent most of His time amongst the poor and downtrodden, instead of kicking them as He passed?
    Maybe, i'm just reading the wrong version of the Bible... but, I'm pretty sure, Jesus would be labled a 'Libtard Democrat' by the Tea Party, in general. And probably a 'terrorist.'.. you know... coming from the Middle East and all.

The Bible is only interpreted out of convenience - when it is convenient to do so to support MY opinions/beliefs. This is true for political beliefs as well. We live in a society where beliefs trump facts, e.g. intelligent design.

The Tea Party has no credibility whatsoever and is a passing fad that will ultimately fail - like Cavariccis, shorts on top of sweatpants, and religion.
  • Options
    cajunkiwi wrote:

:clap:
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

I agree. Somehow I have difficulty picturing Jesus as a flag-sucking, capitalist Republican. But then maybe I'm just missing something here?
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:

I agree. Somehow I have difficulty picturing Jesus as a flag-sucking, capitalist Republican. But then maybe I'm just missing something here?

But he is!! I know!!
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't remember him refusing to heal any sick person who needed his help too. That bastard Jesus was into Socialized medicine! He might be Hitler.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    Cosmo wrote:

He was completely into helping people out, but his government didn't force him to...and I am all for the separation of church and state.
    The people who don't help others out, and love their neighbor as they would their family will have to rectify that with their god...but simply giving something to someone else isn't necessarily showing them love.
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    Cosmo wrote:
    So, my question to the Tea Party members on this board...
    Why do you support white collared, Wall Streeters and want them to continue to run with our pension funds... our savings accounts... our 401K plans... and make millions for them in unregulated ponzi schemes... but, want to bust the union blue collar people so it will be easier to hire less skilled workers for lower rates or have union jobs shipped overseas to increase the profits for Wall streeters who make bank on the sale of company stocks?
    Please, explain that to me because it seems... well, contradictory to me.
    White collar doesn't just mean wall street.
    Social security is an unregulated ponzi scheme.
    Unions do some good, but far more harm. Unions are behind the collapse of the US auto industry.
    Cosmo wrote:
    Isn't that sort of contradictory of Christ's teachings?
    1) You can't save everyone. You can't bring the entire world up to our standard of living.
    2) The government shouldn't decide who gets my money as charity, I should decide. First and foremost we have to take care of our own families. If the government redistributes our wealth, we have none left to be charitable with.
    whygohome wrote:
    The simple fact that the Tea Party emerged AFTER 1/20/09 shows that they are Republicans. Where were they when Bush was spending like a cowboy at a whiskey bar - on other countries, on 2 wars - while lowering taxes?
    Congress controls the purse strings, and while Bush wasn't perfect, spending really got out of control from 2006 -2008 when Senator Obama and the Democrats took over. Not one dime can be spent from the federal Treasury without the approval of Congress.