Options

* WINNER * 20th ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY - PJ Poster LA 2009 SET

13»

Comments

• Options
    Wow, this is very generous. Thank you for the chance.

My moment: Has to be the first show I ever saw live. 96' in Ft. Lauderdale. I was completely transformed from that moment on.
    "When a person's soul is born in a country, nets are flung at it to hold it back from flight. You speak to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly past those nets." - James Joyce
  • Options
    Nice contest!

Favorite moment: Buffalo, 10-1-1996, Oceans
    the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Wow!!! What a great giveaway... Good Luck Everyone!!!

I have to say my favorite moment was the first time I saw PJ, and it was a long time coming. My son took me for a Mother's Day gift, and I immediately joined 10c... we went to the Mansfield 30th show back in 2008, and I had the best time of my life!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    So many to choose from but right now its probably Ed's stage dive during BLACK!!! in Dublin 00.

Or maybe it was meeting Ed after the amazing Shepards Bush gig last year...or..balls too many :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Probably watching the band take stage at my first show, hartford 98
  • Options
    My favorite moment was hearing them play In Hiding live for the first time this year in St. louis.. I've seen the band 10-12 times live and they had never played this song at any of the shows I have been at. I told my buddy that there were only 2 songs that I wanted to hear that would put this show over the top for me ... In Hiding or Faithfull. Thanks Pearl Jam for knocking one of them off my list! Next time you come around I am "Faithfull" that you will not disappoint!!!!
    U...You Are...Who You Are
  • Options
    favorite moment - 9/28/2004 Boston, Release opener.. it'd been 8 years since I'd seen Pearl Jam live and the sounds of the Release opening the show up blew me away and made me wish I hadn't waited so long to go back
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996
  • Options
    TonykinTonykin Posts: 252
    Thanx for that!

My favorite PJ moment is my first concert, today 10yrs ago (10/25/2000), in San Diego... AMAZING!!

"... Tan suato mi'jo!!"

-Salomón & Artemisa Vargas
  • Options
    Thanks! Favorite moment for me was meeting Ed for the first time after his solo Memphis show. It was something i will never forget.
  • Options
    Thanks for doing this!

Favorite moment was the first time I heard "Black" back in 1991.
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
  • Options
    Thanks Frank!

My favorite moment: September 96 in Hartford. 1st show.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    bump :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bump :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
    Hands down I would have to say this:

Originally posted August 12, 2008:

I don't even know how to put into words what happened last night.... Basically, me and my daughter Jenna waited around in the parking lot of the venue from 3:30 till 7:30 waiting to see Eddie. Finally at 7:20 I see a security guard walking away from the door he had been guarding all day heading down the street to alternative entrances, so we follow him. Two seconds later a man pulls up in a van with Eddie's bodyguard and Ed. Jenna and I start yelling to Eddie and waving,"Hi" to him, and he definitely spotted us. Before long people begin to assemble so the guard instructs them to drive around the building to the back entrance (where we had been waiting all day). So Jenna and I sprint around the entire venue chasing after Eddie's van. By the time I get to the backdoor Eddie is almost all the way in the door. I hurry to try to take a picture, when suddenly Eddie's bodyguard sternly reprimands me!! A few seconds later, Ed's bodyguard sees me looking in the opened door and he says something like, "You over here, come here"! I hesitated a few moments, as I thought he was going to take my tickets away from me. Next thing you know, Eddie pokes his head around the corner, and upon seeing me, he says, "Him, yes him, get him in here"! So again the bodyguard motions to me to come in, and after hearing Ed, I go walking in. Then Ed says to me, "Dude where is your daughter, get your daughter man"! I thought she was right behind me, so I turn around and notice someone had closed the door. I open the door and to my relief she is standing there with this woman she had been talking with all night. I yell to her, "Jenna, hurry up, come on, Eddie wants to meet you"!
    Upon walking back in, Eddie is standing there waiting for us with his bodyguard. We talk for a little while, I take two pictures of him with my daughter, then Jenna takes two pictures of the two of us, Eddie autographs my PJ shirt,and then he reaches in his pocket and says to my daughter, "Sorry honey, I don't have a guitar pic with me". He then reaches to the back of his head and removes his hair tie, and gives this to her. After talking a few more minutes, he says, "It's been great meeting you Jenna and 'pops', but I have to go to work now"! Jenna and I then exit screaming and yelling to a round of cheers from the rest of the fans outside who witnessed what had just happened!
    But that was just the beginning of an amazing night. After Eddie had sang nearly a dozen songs, he began telling the story of how he had met Jenna before the show and that this was the first concert she ever attended. He went on to say, "I don't know exactly where she is out there, but I now she is somewhere". Then a guy right next to us yells out, "Jenna is up here Eddie". Then Eddie commented that what he really wanted was for her to come down to the stage so he could sing a song just for her! I led Jenna to the stage, where we were greeted by Ed's bodyguard, who led us backstage. We then watched from there as Eddie performed "Drifting", after which Eddie made the announcement that Jenna had made it to the stage. Because Jenna was so nervous, Eddie set up TWO chairs on stage (one for her and one for me). Shortly after being seated the crowd began singing "Happy Birthday" to Jenna and Eddie said, "No,No,No...I have my own song for her". When the crowd continued to finish the song, Eddie played and sang the remainder of the song. Then he proceeded to sing "Forever Young" to her!! Once he finished he handed my daughter his pic saying, " I told you I would get you a pic before the night was through"! He then I believe, asked the crowd for applause for us and he gave Jenna a hug for the road!
    I just want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to Eddie for providing my daughter (and me) with a night we will NEVER, EVER forget!!! His hospitality to us was amazing!! This is all my daughter has been talking about since it happened!!! Truely an epic night!!! Oh and by the way, to the woman with 'Petunia', my daughter is already missing the both of ya'!! Hope I wasn't to wordy!!!! Peace and Keep On Rocking In The Free World !!!!

Thanks for the chance!!
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    Thanks Frank!

My favorite moment: September 96 in Hartford. 1st show.

my first show also ........

BUT my favorite moment has to be getting back stage at MSG 1 this year .. all though i didnt "really" meet any of the guys but i did get to go on stage before sound check and during the black keys when Mike and Matt walked up next to me and took some pictures of the band and the crowd. ...be fore sound check i got a chance to check out mikes & eds guitars .. got a hand full of picks from all the band members techs and got a full private tour with Rick (eds guitar tech) ...and on the second night i had my normal seats and after show i went up to the stage got ricks attention. he remembered me and gave me the set list and some more picks ....

moments like that that make a 34 years old man get all warm and fuzzy inside ......
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    Just MikeJust Mike Posts: 105
    My first time seeing Pearl Jam (Australia 2006 tour) as a whole was amazing, but one show in particular blew me away. Melbourne #2, mainly for the fact that they played Leash, to which me and my friend were obsessing over at the time, and went out of our minds when we heard it.
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    getting ed's harmonica in London 09 and maybe BOnnawoooo 08
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    dccrash23dccrash23 Posts: 160
    My favourite PJ moment is seeing them live for my first time in Calgary 09!
    Calgary 08/08/09
    Calgary 21/09/11
    Edmonton 23/09/11
  • Options
    My favorite PJ moment is being in San Francisco four years ago with the woman I would eventually marry. We made it to two of the three SF shows that were GA. We were around row 5 the first night and then I slept on the street to be nearly first in line for the next night where we were front row in front of Mike. Met some great people. Smelled some god-awful urine stained sidewalks. Couldn't ask for anything more.
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    The opening chords from Of the Girl from my first PJ concert in Montreal 2000. Love the song, got a great show, and further solidified my freakish obsession with Pearl Jam.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Hard to narrow down, but I'll say State College. It was the first show I went to with my now-wife and who knew it would be THAT long! We had been friends for a year and dating for almost two years before we finally got to go to a show together! Amazing day.

Many, many other highlights.... but there's one!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    It has to be the entire week i spent in Philly. G2 Baby!!!!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    Bump30Bump30 Burlington Ontario Posts: 446
    Wow! Thanks for doing this!

I have two fav moments. Cracking open my first copy of Ten on cassette tape and hearing Ed's voice for the first time in concert!!
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Meeting Mike McCready.
  • Options
    I'm a late comer compare some of you life long PJ fan.
    It would be my first PJ concert 10/01/09 LA, what an experience !!
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Thank you so much!!!! I know it's cliche to say, but I never win anything! Next week I'll have my next contest for more dvd's (it's all I have to offer up)! But it always great to pay it forward, especially with amazing fans like ours!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Congrats to Mookie999 :clap::clap:

Thanks for the opportunity, for the chance to win. It was an amazing prize. You did me a favor by not winning also, saved lots of money on framing :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    congrats to the winner!!!!!!and thank to our friend for the great offer!!! :)
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Congrats. Mookie999!!! :thumbup: :D

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad