Options

* WINNER * 20th ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY - PJ Poster LA 2009 SET

Comments

• Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    my favourite moment was the opening chords to inside job when i saw them for the first time
  • Options
    My most memorable experience was my fiancee's and my first concert. This year in New Orleans, I was with the love of my life, and we were listening to our favorite band. It doesn't get much better. :D
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,745
    mmm .. Pearl Jam posters!!!

homer-drool.jpg

Sweet giveaway! :thumbup:
  • Options
    pijepije Posts: 74
    My favorite PJ moment ( and my first PJ experience) was stockholm 2000, when me with two others european PJ fan could enter the venue prior to PJ concert start. We sit on the grass for a while with some other guy tuning out his guitar (which turn out to be vocalist for the Dismemberment Plan, the opening band for PJ).Not long, suddenly ed come out on stage with his guitar and sit on a stool, mumbling "sorry, i have to soundcheck alone, all the guys are roaming street of stockholm for shopping". Then we are treated to series of song such as Deadman, last kiss, redemption song, soon forget, walking the cow, parting ways, trouble, patriot, around the bend. That's all rarities in sequence!!! this is just feel like a personal concert made by eddie to us, while thousand of fans outside can only hear the music, we hear and see eddie so close that I am barely dare to shoot him with my camera. After soundcheck ended, we are ask politely by Pete (PJ security) to leave the venue. The other two guys decide to sneak again backstage, I choose to stay outside this time because i feel enough shock today, can handle myself another surprise. While I am waiting outside in the back gate, suddenly ed come out and shake our hand briefly before return backstage...I was shock again by this band, are they rockstar or normal people? because they just do things unimaginable according to their popularity.
    That's I think the best PJ moment that I can get so far...
    it makes more sense...
    to live in a present tense...
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,046
    Wow! Awesome contest!

I'll go with "Blood" live at Soldier Field. Band went absolutely nuts for about 10 min, trashed the stage, everyone thought the show was over, lights came on so everyone started to leave. Ed and Mike came back out to play YL. Absolutely epic show! This was the band at their best so far in my eyes in 1995.
  • Options
    crown of thorns.. boston 2010. just magical.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Awesome giveaway! Thanks! :thumbup:

Favorite moment: the feelings I get listening to Yield

Runner-up: the countless times this band helped me survive the last dozen or so years of my life
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Boston 2010, daughter's 1st show, won lottery 2nd row, and she got a tabourine.
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    first concert! First time live...finally a PJ fan years later than the rest ;)
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    Wow how generous of you! Thanks and good luck to all.. :)

My favorite PJ experience:

The Kansas City 2003 show. Outdoor venue, total thunderstorm that night. Drenched to the core, amazing lightening show in the background with PJ playing. Everyone rocked out hard and it was just fabulous. It amazing and unforgettable for 2 other reasons: I turned 21 years old at the show AND it was my first PJ show ever. 8-)
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    lina319 wrote:
    Wow how generous of you! Thanks and good luck to all.. :)

My favorite PJ experience:

The Kansas City 2003 show. Outdoor venue, total thunderstorm that night. Drenched to the core, amazing lightening show in the background with PJ playing. Everyone rocked out hard and it was just fabulous. It amazing and unforgettable for 2 other reasons: I turned 21 years old at the show AND it was my first PJ show ever. 8-)

the KC 2003 show was awesome!! one if my favorite PJ shows ever!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    Seattle Key Arena 1996, drove from Memphis to Seattle by myself, town to town, rockin' to PJ through mountains and plains, 21 years old no cares, no worries. Just a great ride, great experience and the best way to really feel the music.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I'm glad i have such a personal moment to share. It would be almost impossible to pull one live moment above another, I've seen some truly memorable moments over the years, esp the 2009/2010 tour(s).

But the sandout one for me is in Perth 2009. I took my wife and (then 11) year old stepson to see PJ and we had 10C Fixer GA tickets. It was his first rock concert. To be in the fixer GA area, you had to be 12, so we told him to tell anyone who asked that he was 12. We managed to get a spot right in front of Jeff, on the rail. After Unthought Known, Ed asked the band to wait a sec and then decided to remind the crowd about safety, he mentioned that there were a lot of women down the front and then spied my step son, on the rail at the very front....

Skip through the following video to 3:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHd0tb2qRr4

After this, Ed and Mike flicked picks at my stepson...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvB5FZXZ ... re=related (Ed)

Even better, they kept the discussion on the boot.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Mine would be the first time I ever saw them play (London, Ont. 05) I got to take the love of my life with me. She new I was a big fan, but the day of the show, I was like a kid on Xmas day, she couldn't believe it. I was just glad I was able to experience something like that with someone I love. We both still remeber it fondly, even though its like 5 yrs ago. We've seen them 2 more times since :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    My favourite moment:
    Berlin 2010: The most emotional version of Black I've ever heard! But to tell the truth, there are hundreds of other moments with PJ that I will never forget! Thanks for the opportunity, thats really an awesome present!! Good luck to everyone!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    I hooked up with my cousin in 1998 in New Zealand, and surprised him with a trip to Wellington (he lives in Christchurch) to see PJ play at the Queens Wharf. Amazing show, awesome atmosphere, and I got to see the first of many PJ shows with the coolest guy I know! I travelled from Melbourne to Christchurch in 2009 and took him to see them play for the first time in the South Island! We've now seen them 4 times, and will continue to go as a team from now on!

And thanks for the generosity!
    Edmonton 12/93
    Wellington 98
    Melbourne 2003
    Melbourne shows 1 & 3 2006
    Hawaii 2006
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch 2009
    Manchester 1 & 2 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2012
    Upcoming: Vancouver/Calgary/Seattle Dec 2013
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    Favourite was seeing them in the shep bush club show and getting the front spot right in front of eddie and jeff... Awesome setting

Other than that hearing those opening notes to go on a cassette tape I stole from my brother and instantly becoming infatuated
  • Options
    DE483DE483 Posts: 428
    Very cool of you. For me, has to be going to London to see the guys in 2009.

Thanks
    :D
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    ....I am so thankful that my greatest PJ moment isn't just a moment but a time period of two weeks which happend just this year. It's the collective experience I made whilst being on tour across Europe, 14 days of fun+sun, friendship, love and -of course- Pearl Jam :D
    An amazing pre party in beautiful Dublin, 6 shows (of which the 6th show in Arras was a last minute add, there was simply NO WAY to say Good Bye after the Berlin show and I booked it all -flights, trainrides, ticket, a (not used) camping ticket etc.- only three days before the show), awesome people, now considered as friends and some life changing and stil ongoing happenings just blew me away xxxxx

It's honestly been the time of my life :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    71step28 wrote:
    ...., a (not used) camping ticket etc.-
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ed was so happy when i give him that ticket for free.. :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Favorite moment has to be the entire Bonnaroo weekend
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Going to boston 2010 and hearing red mosquito!!

Thanks so much for the chance!!
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
  • Options
    thebrigthebrig Posts: 394
    Probably when the guys played "Crown of Thorns" the first of the two Seattle shows to end the Binaural tour. Very cool moment given what the band had been through and the vibe that night. I knew they played it in Vegas for thier 10th Anny, but to hear it at home was awesome.
    Mantis-2.gif
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Such an amazing group of generous people...

Actually the LA4 show... My first with one of my kids and seeing the excitement in their eyes when the lights dimmed....
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    My favorite moment at a live show was during Alive in Vancouver 05. It was the most incredible feeling, of the crowd feeding off the band and the band gaining energy from the crowd and it just went back and forth for what felt like the most intense shared experience of my life!
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    confetti canons blasting ten feet in front of me, fixer girl rocking out full costume behind, pj tearing it up onstage to close the spectrum. Best atmosphere ever!
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • Options
    thematthewhintonthematthewhinton Clarksville, TN Posts: 12
    Favorite moment: Seeing them live for the first time in 1994 in Murfreesboro, TN.
    Favorite upcoming moment: Having "Just Breathe" at my wedding on October 1, 2011.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    No matter how many times I've seen them/we'll see them (it never gets old) my all time favorite memory was the first time I saw them- 6/22/95 Cal Expo. So many emotional things were going on in my life that I was having trouble with. At the time music was my savior, and tonight rang truer than ever before. From the opening chords of Release to the last note of Yellow Ledbetter and everything in between I was locked in. It was the first (and I believe only) time I've ever been brought to tears at a show. Hearing that version of Ledbetter still does it to me sometimes. Thanks for this offer (about to post my own shortly) and thanks to Pearl Jam for an amazing 20 years. Can't wait for the next 20!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Hey,
    Would have to be catching Ed's guitar pick one night then catching Mike's the next night back on the 2003 tour in Melbourne.
    Cheers.
  • Options
    Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    My favorite Pearl Jam moment was the first time that I listen the first Pearl Jam song 20 years ago.
    I'm myself like you somehow.....