If you could travel anywhere in the world

13»

Comments

• you know all those places with cool names.. marrakech, zanzibar, timbuktu, dubrovnik, galapagos is, damascus(which i mentioned before), aphrodisias, vladivostok, toledo(spain not OH)... i want to see them all.

8-)
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i think there are too many places i'd go if money was no option... I'd just keep on rolling along.

although no amount of money would make me go to India or Pakistan... otherwise i'm fine with pretty much anywhere.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Machu Picchu, Peru would be a close first; would also like to travel around France and Greece. hmm...also always wanted to visit Vietnam, Thailand, and the French Polynesians...haha--in other words, would probably be a nomadic experience.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    EmBleve wrote:
    Machu Picchu, Peru would be a close first; would also like to travel around France and Greece. hmm...also always wanted to visit Vietnam, Thailand, and the French Polynesians...haha--in other words, would probably be a nomadic experience.
    I always wanted to go to Peru . . . that was until my friend went down there and was bitten by a giant spider and ended up with pnemonia :shock:

The chance of getting bitten by a giant Peruvian spider is a little too much for me :D
    Jason P wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    I always wanted to go to Peru . . . that was until my friend went down there and was bitten by a giant spider and ended up with pnemonia :shock:

The chance of getting bitten by a giant Peruvian spider is a little too much for me :D

No DOUBT!!! um, yeah, never quite thought about the spider aspect...might not deter me from going if I had the chance...but that makes me think of the option of the 4-day camping/hiking trek to get there (that I had considered doing, if I ever made it there)...but, now, you cause a pause because I am so sure that there are giant spiders out there in the peruvian rain forests. This reminds me, I have a friend who went with her husband to India, and I saw her pictures...in one shot, there was a picture of a spider in their 'hotel' room, which they saw on a curtain----THAT THING WAS HUGE!! She said it was like, 8 inches in diameter---OMG I would have DIED do you hear me??? lol. I am a total arachniphobe. She totally blew it off--I was like "what did you DOOOO???" She goes "we went to sleep". NOOOO WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!
    you know all those places with cool names.. marrakech, zanzibar, timbuktu, dubrovnik, galapagos is, damascus(which i mentioned before), aphrodisias, vladivostok, toledo(spain not OH)... i want to see them all.

:D That's a cool idea...I didn't even know 'aphrodisias' was a place! Where is it? and the galapagos islands...oh, yeah.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    edited October 2010
    EmBleve wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

No DOUBT!!! um, yeah, never quite thought about the spider aspect...might not deter me from going if I had the chance...but that makes me think of the option of the 4-day camping/hiking trek to get there (that I had considered doing, if I ever made it there)...but, now, you cause a pause because I am so sure that there are giant spiders out there in the peruvian rain forests. This reminds me, I have a friend who went with her husband to India, and I saw her pictures...in one shot, there was a picture of a spider in their 'hotel' room, which they saw on a curtain----THAT THING WAS HUGE!! She said it was like, 8 inches in diameter---OMG I would have DIED do you hear me??? lol. I am a total arachniphobe. She totally blew it off--I was like "what did you DOOOO???" She goes "we went to sleep". NOOOO WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

aww come on pink toed tarantulas are cute. ;) :shock:

tarantula.jpg
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    EmBleve wrote:
    you know all those places with cool names.. marrakech, zanzibar, timbuktu, dubrovnik, galapagos is, damascus(which i mentioned before), aphrodisias, vladivostok, toledo(spain not OH)... i want to see them all.

:D That's a cool idea...I didn't even know 'aphrodisias' was a place! Where is it? and the galapagos islands...oh, yeah.

turkey.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    one day i aim to visit the land down under
    i have a few friends that reside down there
    i am voting for snake encounters, amazing green bud, wine, and relaxation conversation with good people.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    i am voting for snake encounters, amazing green bud, wine, and relaxation conversation with good people.

last time i saw a snake in the wild was in the 70s.

it had the misfortune to slide on into my nans pub and an overzealous barman decapitated it with a shovel.

it was a red bellied black snake. if one bites you tis best to get to a doctor lickedy split.

heres one... isnt he lovely... bit serious looking though.

Red-bellied-Black-snake.jpg
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    chadwick wrote:

last time i saw a snake in the wild was in the 70s.

it had the misfortune to slide on into my nans pub and an overzealous barman decapitated it with a shovel.

it was a red bellied black snake. if one bites you tis best to get to a doctor lickedy split.

heres one... isnt he lovely... bit serious looking though.

Red-bellied-Black-snake.jpg
    i love snakes so much
    you know how eyed loves bears and goats
    that's how much i adore, cherish, and respect snakes

yes, that is a very serious snake
    and very deadly

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Gotta hand it to you chad, I don't do snakes. They freak me out man. Ever since Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, when they cut open that giant snake and theres fn millions of little snakes inside. I was traumatized as a kid watching that. Now I'm scared of any and all snakes, especially the one in the above picture.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Gotta hand it to you chad, I don't do snakes. They freak me out man. Ever since Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, when they cut open that giant snake and theres fn millions of little snakes inside. I was traumatized as a kid watching that. Now I'm scared of any and all snakes, especially the one in the above picture.
    in the land down under the men there have giant snakes in their jeans.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8r95vDyiVE
    i admit i do not have a snake in my pants as large and as deadly as this guy.
    i am sure the ladies love him

indian jones movies are great flicks
    all those snakes makes me happy, relaxed, and calm.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    i love snakes so much

and very deadly

yeah well dont be loving this one too closely.

this is a taipan. the most deadly terrestrial snake in the world

beautiful as it is, its toxin is over 200x more deadly than the rattlesnake and 50x more deadly than the cobra.

coastaltaipan.jpg
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    chadwick wrote:
    i love snakes so much

and very deadly

yeah well dont be loving this one too closely.

this is a taipan. the most deadly terrestrial snake in the world

beautiful as it is, its toxin is over 200x more deadly than the rattlesnake and 50x more deadly than the cobra.

coastaltaipan.jpg
    thank you catester

extremely poisonous (neurotoxin)
    one bite has enough poison to kill 60-100 people or 100,000 rats
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-14haptNa8

that is nuts
    not 1 single reported death

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    something else for you chad. this is a bird though.

cassowary.jpg

this is a cassowary. theyre shy solitary creatures that can reach 6 feet in height. their middle claw is a 5in dagger, that it will use for defence. the use for the casque on its head is not certain. it maybe sexual or it may be communicative. or it may be even for defense for its head when its running through the rainforest just in case it slams into a tree or whatnot. pretty isnt it?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    something else for you chad. this is a bird though.

cassowary.jpg

this is a cassowary. theyre shy solitary creatures that can reach 6 feet in height. their middle claw is a 5in dagger, that it will use for defence. the use for the casque on its head is not certain. it maybe sexual or it may be communicative. or it may be even for defense for its head when its running through the rainforest just in case it slams into a tree or whatnot. pretty isnt it?
    i need to come visit
    that is a fantastic bird
    i am googling and youtubing it

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    i need to come visit
    that is a fantastic bird

now heres something you wont see before it stings you cause its so small. and its sting can be fatal.
    its an irukandji jellyfish. i shudder to think what would happen if you swallowed the damn thing.

irukandji.jpg

iru2.jpg
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    chadwick wrote:
    i need to come visit
    that is a fantastic bird

now heres something you wont see before it stings you cause its so small. and its sting can be fatal.
    its an irukandji jellyfish. i shudder to think what would happen if you swallowed the damn thing.

irukandji.jpg

iru2.jpg
    the land down under
    what a wonderful place

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    the land down under
    what a wonderful place

yep. shes a beaut alright. :mrgreen:8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    chadwick wrote:
    the land down under
    what a wonderful place

yep. shes a beaut alright. :mrgreen:8-)
    when i come visit
    i hope we can get wine and weed

a bonfire, tunes... great times

i am on my way to becoming independently wealthy.
    oddly enough
    i am doing it legally

also
    machu picchu, peru

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I cannot wait to someday visit Brazil. But most of all I'd love to go to the Amazon River-Meeting of the Waters...An astounding, spectacular display of natural majesty. How two distinct things can meet and not mix. Yet they exist so beautifully side by side forever. I love nature and the outdoors. This is somewhere I'd love to go and just spend hours gazing at the water and lose myself in thought..

BR.Amazon.Santarem2rivers.JPG

site_noticias_54522572+%5B%5D.jpg

4126928165_88c0ba410f.jpg
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...

tarantula.jpg[/quote][/quote]

Thank you so much catefrances for this cringing experience. :shock: :lol:
    Can NOT deal!
    EmBleve wrote:

tarantula.jpg

Thank you so much catefrances for this cringing experience. :shock: :lol:
    Can NOT deal![/quote]

:lol::lol: youre welcome. 8-)

to be honest though. where i live we have whats called a funnel web spider. its extremely venomous. if i ever saw one in my house or in my yard i would vacate the premises and not return until said spider was removed. i love spiders but there are some that i cant live with.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • cincy....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

• to be honest though. where i live we have whats called a funnel web spider. its extremely venomous. if i ever saw one in my house or in my yard i would vacate the premises and not return until said spider was removed. i love spiders but there are some that i cant live with.
    I've been reading some reviews of the resort we're going to on our honeymoon and a couple of people have seen tarantulas :o:o:o

My other half is going to end up HATING me :mrgreen: although I bet he'd love to come home and say he killed a tarantula... or are they endangered or anything?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553

to be honest though. where i live we have whats called a funnel web spider. its extremely venomous. if i ever saw one in my house or in my yard i would vacate the premises and not return until said spider was removed. i love spiders but there are some that i cant live with.
    I've been reading some reviews of the resort we're going to on our honeymoon and a couple of people have seen tarantulas :o:o:o

My other half is going to end up HATING me :mrgreen: although I bet he'd love to come home and say he killed a tarantula... or are they endangered or anything?

I doubt it. If he does that, he should definitely considering having the carcass stuffed. Then years from now you can stand by your fireplace and tell your grandchildren, "See kids? Grampa was quite the slayer in his day!" :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

• to be honest though. where i live we have whats called a funnel web spider. its extremely venomous. if i ever saw one in my house or in my yard i would vacate the premises and not return until said spider was removed. i love spiders but there are some that i cant live with.

I doubt it. If he does that, he should definitely considering having the carcass stuffed. Then years from now you can stand by your fireplace and tell your grandchildren, "See kids? Grampa was quite the slayer in his day!" :lol:
    :mrgreen: Yeh, that sounds like a plan... he kills them all for me at the mo but hates doing it :mrgreen: but if I see any of them bastards, it's me or the bloody spider :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you