If you could travel anywhere in the world

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Jason P wrote:
    Yup, I'm starting to jones for a road trip after looking at some of my old pics from up there. I'll have to take your route sometime. My route was seattle > glacier > waterton > kooteney > bannf > yoho > jasper.

There are a few backpack trips that I have planned for the area but I can't convince my friends to go there . . . even after showing them pictures of the place! I think they are scarred of the grizzlies :roll: Nonetheless, I plan on getting back up there in the next two years. :thumbup:
    That's pretty much the route I took to go to the Gorge shows in '06 :) Was that your picture? Awesome if so.
    There really isn't a bad spot to visit in the rockies, they're all breathtaking.
    Ya, I'm patiently waiting for my kids to get old enough for some real outdoor adventures...I'm pretty limited to townsites/hotels for now.
    Scared of grizzlies? Really? I've spent a ton of time in the rockies and I've never seen one in person...LOTS of black bears, but they're pussycats...would love to see a grizzly tho!
    Yeah, that was my pic. Thank the lord for digital cameras otherwise I would have busted my bank account on film!

I saw a mother grizzly and two cubs on that trip from less then 100 yards away in Glacier. They were out in a meadow and I was hugging a treeline when another "hiker" came along and almost got us killed with her stupidity. You never want to get in a stare-down with a grizzly . . . their eyes pierce through your soul. I took some pictures but my heart was pounding and they turned out like a blurry shots of manbearpig :mrgreen:
    Last%20Exit%209-1-06%20140.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    ireland
    australia
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Argentina - Buenos Aires
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    Ireland. Saving up and planning a trip in 2012. :D
  • Jason P wrote:
    vomikus39 wrote:

That first pic is amazing!!! I travel often, never been there. Yep, that's my choice.
    That town doesn't even look like it is real :shock:
    BELIEVE ME IT DOES :D

5 little fishing villages all just as beautiful... all connected by hiking trail... right along the northwest armpit of italy... about an hour from pisa... great seafood... very affordable rental aptartments

and go soon! its not totally corrupted by tourists yet... but its starting to turn

love the pictures! i gotta get up to canada
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I'm really looking forward to going back to Australia...but would also like to go to Greece, Barcelona and Morocco.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    Get_Right wrote:
    so many things to do and places to see

Fishing exotic spots like christmas island, the seychelles, new zealand, iceland, russia
    Seeing Formula 1 grand prixs in monaco, singapore, malaysia, dubai
    Trekking in the himalayas-everest base camp
    African Safari
    Pyramids of egypt
    Private island somewhere
    over the water bungalow in bora bora
    Rainforest in south america
    private yacht out to the great barrier reef
    be nice to visit the countries in Scandinavia during the summer

But seriously, I have two vacation dreams-all first class and with travel assistants:
    1. take my extended family on a ski trip to hokkaido japan during the snow festival
    2. take my extended family to hawaii-to some huge house on the beach-doesnt matter which island

could you just buy an extra ticket for me too? I am up for going anywhere. Australia is where I really want to go next.
  • summer in cinque terre... winter in cortona

Cinque%20Terre.jpg

cortonaView.jpg

my plans for retirement

i miss my old home :(

Cinque Terre is one of my most favourite places ever. I loved it there!! That pic is awesome :)

Some day I am going back.

I have so many places I want to go. Next on my list is Croatia, and then maybe some South American countries. I don't have any trips planned, other than home for Christmas.
  • Jason P wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Italy. I want to eat myself silly with that delicious food.

Then on to this place: Lake Louise
    Lake%20Louise%20Canoeing%20TB_jpg.jpg
    Anyone in the US or Canada needs to make plans to go to Banff / Jasper in the canadian rockies. I've seen a good bit of north america and I think this is possibly the most scenic region I've been to. Views like the one in the picture above become so commonplace it's almost unbelievable.

I loved Jasper.

On our way there we find this little spot with a water fall and it was breath taking. So many beautiful places out there. I am kind of missing Alberta :?

I went to Fernie for the first time this year and such a great little spot! I love this country.

I am so confused...a Maritime girl who lived in Calgary and now here in Ottawa. And really no place I want to live in between :lol:
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    My plan for next year, beginning in May: two weeks in Tibet, then a train from Beijing stopping in Ulaan Baator, Urkutsk & Lake Baikal, Yekaterinburg, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Estonia, Berlin, Paris, Charleville, then back to England.

Then I'd like to ride a mountain bike from Perpignon on the South Eastern coast of France to Bordeaux on the South Western Coast.
    I also want to travel around Morrocco and Algeria, Japan, South America and South Asia.

I'm not greedy! :shh:
  • we didn't really give ourselves any limit for our honeymoon and we've picked Mexico :D . 5 star all inclusive Mexico though :D I'd love to see more of the real side but now's not really the time... hopefully we'll see some though!

No expenses spared... possibly the Antarctic... or Tahiti! I really wanna see the Northern Lights too... guess I could see the Southern ones in the Antarctic but there's also something slightly mythical about the whole north pole thing with Santa and all that :lol: . Oh and I wanna go skiing in Colorado. I haven't been to South America either so that's gonna have to be sorted at some point... probably Argentina!

Not sure why I'm coming up with so many cold places really!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Get_Right wrote:

Fishing exotic spots like christmas island, the seychelles, new zealand, iceland, russia
    African Safari
    Pyramids of egypt
    Private island somewhere

But seriously, I have two vacation dreams-all first class and with travel assistants:
    1. take my extended family on a ski trip to hokkaido japan during the snow festival
    2. take my extended family to hawaii-to some huge house on the beach-doesnt matter which island

could you just buy an extra ticket for me too? I am up for going anywhere. Australia is where I really want to go next.
    sure-the more the merrier
    aisle or window seat :lol::lol:
  • oooooh I like this thread!!! (big surprise!) I can send you guys to all of these places :-)

If I wasn't leaving for Mexico tomorrow morning, I would go to Thailand, Peru, the Galapagos or Norway.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Ive always wanted to go to Australia for a couple months and then back pack all the way up to Japan and stay there for a year or so
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Get_Right wrote:

African Safari
    Pyramids of egypt
    Private island somewhere

The snow festival in Sapporo is supposed to be amazing!
    I told my friend if I make it to Japan this year I'm going to take him up the mountains and teach him how to ride... i've always wanted to go snowboarding in Japan for some reason haha. Maybe cause my great grandma was from Nagano, who knows.

If i make it up to Japan maybe I'll run into you and we can ski/snowboard together :lol:;)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chernoybol
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    chernoybol
    i would actually like to check that out too... i love soviet era architecture and ghost towns... and i hear the radiation is pretty spotty these days
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Santa's workshop at the top of the world. Crushing beers.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    chernoybol
    i would actually like to check that out too... i love soviet era architecture and ghost towns... and i hear the radiation is pretty spotty these days

here is one of the more interesting links that i've found

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Norway. Mainly because half of my extended family lives there and I haven't been there since I was 16, but also because I have always been enamored with mountains (maybe due to a trip to Norway when I was 2?) and there are countless breathtaking scenes there. Quirky culture too. It may not happen until I'm old and fully gray, but I will live there someday.

Ireland is a close # 2. :)
  • I would love to go to New Zealand :)
    Maybe one day.
    DUBLIN~~22-6-10
    BELFAST~~23-6-10

"Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,"
  • Zadar Croatia, to enjoy this beautiful coastal town and spend time with my family there...

zadar2_1212144216.jpg
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • No expenses spared... possibly the Antarctic... or Tahiti! I really wanna see the Northern Lights too... guess I could see the Southern ones in the Antarctic but there's also something slightly mythical about the whole north pole thing with Santa and all that :lol: . Oh and I wanna go skiing in Colorado. I haven't been to South America either so that's gonna have to be sorted at some point... probably Argentina!

Not sure why I'm coming up with so many cold places really!

Antarctica, for sure.
    Why? It's such bitch to get to, it's practically taunting people to try.

If I could get past the limited shower time, I would definitely try to get a summer job there - years from now, after my cat dies. I'm pretty sure I could stare at all of that cold blue and white for days on end.
    I carried a watermelon
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    If I could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, I'd travel around the WHOLE world to get an overview of the place. I want to see what each continent is like. I'd like to see as much as possible. I'd like to hear as many languages and music as I could. Look at their art. Look at their natural spaces. Visit their old historic sites. I'd just be curious about everywhere.

I'd probably start with someplace beautiful and then circle the globe. If money was no problem at all, I'd be unbiased. I'd want to see everything! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    If I could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, I'd travel around the WHOLE world to get an overview of the place. I want to see what each continent is like. I'd like to see as much as possible. I'd like to hear as many languages and music as I could. Look at their art. Look at their natural spaces. Visit their old historic sites. I'd just be curious about everywhere.

I'd probably start with someplace beautiful and then circle the globe. If money was no problem at all, I'd be unbiased. I'd want to see everything! :)
    I wanna change my answer to this :D Perfect!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    haffajappa wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

The snow festival in Sapporo is supposed to be amazing!
    I told my friend if I make it to Japan this year I'm going to take him up the mountains and teach him how to ride... i've always wanted to go snowboarding in Japan for some reason haha. Maybe cause my great grandma was from Nagano, who knows.

If i make it up to Japan maybe I'll run into you and we can ski/snowboard together :lol:;)
    I was lucky enough to be in Sapporo for the snow festival on a business trip.
    Its kinda cool, but the festival itself is more for kids
    the city does come alive though, and the izakayas are packed and the atmosphere is super fun
    best food on the planet as well. Sapporo is a special place-sit in an onsen with an ocean on onside and mountains on the other-I dont expect to be back there anytime soon, but who knows? i skied in Nigata-lots of fun and a bit crowded as you might guess.
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    I'd go to Algeria. Nr 1 dream destination, often planned, always postponned.
    Then to Southern Italy/Sicily, Lebanon, Israel, Hong Kong, Finland and Northern Ireland.
    Now that I look at it, it seems random. :?
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Well all of you that have listed NZ are welcome to crash on my couch and I'll give you the grand tour! (funny when you live somewhere so beautiful you take it for granted).

I would love to explore the whole world with long stays in France, Italy, Greece, Thailand, Australia, Canada, USA. If only money wasn't an issue (sigh) :?
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • As long as we are all skipping the issue of money, I would love to go to the Netherlands, Scotland, and Ireland to follow some genealogy of my family. Then I would like to visit Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Italy and revisit Greece. However, after reading the threads before, and seeing the pictures, I think the trip around the world would be the best idea of all. Where do I pick up my ticket?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    you know all those places with cool names.. marrakech, zanzibar, timbuktu, dubrovnik, galapagos is, damascus(which i mentioned before), aphrodisias, vladivostok, toledo(spain not OH)... i want to see them all.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say