If you could travel anywhere in the world

pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
with cost being of no concern, where would you go and why?
include pics if you like :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    pandora wrote:

New Zealand with my dogs. I would love to hike through the mountains and spend some time at the pubs. Seems like the people are pretty friendly, too. Cool accents, too.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    It's funny, I'm not really the adventurous type, when I travel, it's for a purpose - usually to see Pearl Jam :lol:

Growing up I always wanted to go to Lake Tahoe, and I did a few years ago, so I guess I've satisfied that "before I die" thing when it comes to "must see" :lol:
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ok so.. im planning on being in NYC in march. so if money was no object, id stay til my visa ran out instead of the 3 weeks im planning. why NYC? its NYC. 8-)

i also discovered you can ride a train from istanbul to tehran. so lets write that one down. why? well... years ago i came across one of those lonely planet guide entitled istanbul to kathmandu. i thougt how cool would that be. at the time for whatever reason i didnt buy the guide. recently it started bugging me and so i did a google search and discovered that guide is now a classic and costs a god damn fortune. so.... i started googling other stuff and came across the istanbul-tehran train. i also discovered you can get off at lake van and catch a connecting train to damascus. to me, this is the big adventure.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ok so.. im planning on being in NYC in march. so if money was no object, id stay til my visa ran out instead of the 3 weeks im planning. why NYC? its NYC. 8-)

i also discovered you can ride a train from istanbul to tehran. so lets write that one down. why? well... years ago i came across one of those lonely planet guide entitled istanbul to kathmandu. i thougt how cool would that be. at the time for whatever reason i didnt buy the guide. recently it started bugging me and so i did a google search and discovered that guide is now a classic and costs a god damn fortune. so.... i started googling other stuff and came across the istanbul-tehran train. i also discovered you can get off at lake van and catch a connecting train to damascus. to me, this is the big adventure.

nyc..its evolution baby
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

nyc..its evolution baby

its the vibe. NY has an energy that i know will fuel my soul. viewed from afar NYC is an ant farm. :P 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    pandora wrote:

New Zealand with my dogs. I would love to hike through the mountains and spend some time at the pubs. Seems like the people are pretty friendly, too. Cool accents, too.

Same here actually... maybe even parts of Australia as well. Wherever Ziggy and Catefrances aren't, of course. I think they'd posion me if given the chance.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    Hawaii for sure. Love to spend a month or two just checking out the scenery and beaches, totally relaxing. Australia maybe but can't imagine being on a plane for almost a full day.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pjhawks wrote:
    Hawaii for sure. Love to spend a month or two just checking out the scenery and beaches, totally relaxing. Australia maybe but can't imagine being on a plane for almost a full day.

nothing better than the north shore beaches

highly recommend
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    pjhawks wrote:

trust me.. that long haul flight will be totally worth it. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    im pretty sure i'd go somewhere
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Australia...Great Britain...Ireland...the list goes on and on
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Same here actually... maybe even parts of Australia as well. Wherever Ziggy and Catefrances aren't, of course. I think they'd posion me if given the chance.

oh hey now.. im more likely to slip a knife under your ribs. that way i can look you in the eye and see the life drain out of you. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    edited October 2010
    summer in cinque terre... winter in cortona

Cinque%20Terre.jpg

cortonaView.jpg

my plans for retirement

i miss my old home :(
    Post edited by Kilgore_Trout on
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Well my latest pipe dream is to move to Victoria, British Columbia to pursue my PhD next year...if I can get into the program. I have other options in mind but they're all still within Ontario...and honestly, I'm sick of Ontario. I fell in love with Vancouver 8 years ago and can't wait to go back out west.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Italy. I want to eat myself silly with that delicious food.

Then on to this place: Lake Louise
    Lake%20Louise%20Canoeing%20TB_jpg.jpg
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Full on Mediterranean cruise
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    so many things to do and places to see

Fishing exotic spots like christmas island, the seychelles, new zealand, iceland, russia
    Seeing Formula 1 grand prixs in monaco, singapore, malaysia, dubai
    Trekking in the himalayas-everest base camp
    African Safari
    Pyramids of egypt
    Private island somewhere
    over the water bungalow in bora bora
    Rainforest in south america
    private yacht out to the great barrier reef
    be nice to visit the countries in Scandinavia during the summer

But seriously, I have two vacation dreams-all first class and with travel assistants:
    1. take my extended family on a ski trip to hokkaido japan during the snow festival
    2. take my extended family to hawaii-to some huge house on the beach-doesnt matter which island
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    New Zealand and Australia are probably my two hotspots to visit before I pass. I would also like to travel through Italy and France
    Jeanwah wrote:

Anyone in the US or Canada needs to make plans to go to Banff / Jasper in the canadian rockies. I've seen a good bit of north america and I think this is possibly the most scenic region I've been to. Views like the one in the picture above become so commonplace it's almost unbelievable.
    Jason P wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

Anyone in the US or Canada needs to make plans to go to Banff / Jasper in the canadian rockies. I've seen a good bit of north america and I think this is possibly the most scenic region I've been to. Views like the one in the picture above become so commonplace it's almost unbelievable.

That's it, I'm going next year.

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i wana camping for a week here:
    imgname--free_digital_photography_workshops_at_yellowstone_national_park---50226711--yellowstone.jpg
    i wana camping for a week here:
    imgname--free_digital_photography_workshops_at_yellowstone_national_park---50226711--yellowstone.jpg

It is a large place, if you ever want advice, let me know. Gotta get away from the road a bit, even though some 95% of the visitors never do. Bison are very friendly. You'll want to scratch them under the chin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNvTHOrTf_Y

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,025
    I'd like to spend a month or more in every single country on earth. For the bigger places , more time as needed to see and experience as much as I can.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Jeanwah wrote:

I try to make a point of stopping at Lake Louise every time I'm in Banff, or driving thru to BC....no matter how many times I see that view, it is as jaw-dropping as the first….it’s like standing in a postcard…almost surreal. There are a lot of beautiful places in the world, but the Canadian Rockies have got to be up there...vast and largely uninhabited....about as 'wild' as it gets without goin all Chris McCandless. I consider myself very lucky to have such an awesome playground within a few hours drive.

I really couldn’t choose one place as a most-desired destination…there are not many places I wouldn’t want to go to. If someone offered me open-ended tickets, I’d just choose the hardest to reach, most exotic, expensive place I could find, since I probably couldn’t afford it otherwise. Maybe somewhere in the South Pacific, or Asia.
    This is Peyton Lake, just north of Lake Louise.

Last%20Exit%209-1-06%20283.jpg
    Jason P wrote:
    This is Peyton Lake, just north of Lake Louise.

Last%20Exit%209-1-06%20283.jpg
    You're right man, those lakes are pretty common....if you take the trans-canada from Calgary to Vancouver (or any of the other mountain pass highways) you pass several along the way....and I'm sure if you were to follow a logging road or two, you'd find a lot more. Eastern BC (Kootenay mountain range) is amazing too...mountains aren't quite as tall or rugged, but it's much more lush, and more lakes/rivers....now I wanna road trip!
    You're right man, those lakes are pretty common....if you take the trans-canada from Calgary to Vancouver (or any of the other mountain pass highways) you pass several along the way....and I'm sure if you were to follow a logging road or two, you'd find a lot more. Eastern BC (Kootenay mountain range) is amazing too...mountains aren't quite as tall or rugged, but it's much more lush, and more lakes/rivers....now I wanna road trip!
    Yup, I'm starting to jones for a road trip after looking at some of my old pics from up there. I'll have to take your route sometime. My route was seattle > glacier > waterton > kooteney > bannf > yoho > jasper.

There are a few backpack trips that I have planned for the area but I can't convince my friends to go there . . . even after showing them pictures of the place! I think they are scarred of the grizzlies :roll: Nonetheless, I plan on getting back up there in the next two years. :thumbup:
  • vomikus39vomikus39 Posts: 250
    summer in cinque terre... winter in cortona

Cinque%20Terre.jpg

cortonaView.jpg

my plans for retirement

i miss my old home :(

That first pic is amazing!!! I travel often, never been there. Yep, that's my choice.
    Who the f*ck goes around skinning cats~~Ed

It all comes down to changing your head~~John Lennon

MSG 6-24-08/MSG 5-21-10/Philly MIA 9-2-12/Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-13/Brooklyn NY 1&2 10-2013/Philly 1&2 10-2013
    vomikus39 wrote:

That first pic is amazing!!! I travel often, never been there. Yep, that's my choice.
    That town doesn't even look like it is real :shock:
    Jason P wrote:
    Yup, I'm starting to jones for a road trip after looking at some of my old pics from up there. I'll have to take your route sometime. My route was seattle > glacier > waterton > kooteney > bannf > yoho > jasper.

There are a few backpack trips that I have planned for the area but I can't convince my friends to go there . . . even after showing them pictures of the place! I think they are scarred of the grizzlies :roll: Nonetheless, I plan on getting back up there in the next two years. :thumbup:
    That's pretty much the route I took to go to the Gorge shows in '06 :) Was that your picture? Awesome if so.
    There really isn't a bad spot to visit in the rockies, they're all breathtaking.
    Ya, I'm patiently waiting for my kids to get old enough for some real outdoor adventures...I'm pretty limited to townsites/hotels for now.
    Scared of grizzlies? Really? I've spent a ton of time in the rockies and I've never seen one in person...LOTS of black bears, but they're pussycats...would love to see a grizzly tho!