Options

Self-Pollution Radio 1995

Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
edited October 2010 in The Porch
I ran into a bunch of these today . anyone know the story or can they shoot me a link . i thought it was very cool

Soundgarden, PJ, Mad Season, Mudhuney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvum2hhRBMw -- a bunch more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    01/08/95 – Self-Pollution Radio: Seattle, WA [270m]
    audience: millions?
    set 1: Spin the Black Circle, Satan’s Bed, Corduroy, Not for You, Immortality
    set 2: jam, Last Exit, Blood, Tremor Christ, Porch, Indifference
    notes: This radio broadcast originated from a home owned by Ed and was relayed to any radio stations wanting to carry it. This show consisted, not only of the two live PJ sets listed above, but also other live bands (Mad Season and Mudhoney), friends, phone calls and a few records. Ed announces that Jack Irons is now PJ’s drummer.

Pearl Jam -- "Self Pollution Radio" FM Broadcast, January 8, 1995

Pearl Jam -- Aye Davanita (from Vitalogy 1994)
    Eddie Vedder -- intro and comments
    Sonic Youth -- Teenage Riot (from Daydream Nation 1988)
    Slant Six -- Don't You Ever (from Soda Pop Ripoff 1993)
    Klark Kent (includes Stewart Copeland of The Police) -- Away From Home (from Klark Kent 10" EP 1980)
    Pearl Jam (live) -- Spin the Black Circle, Satan's Bed, Corduroy, Not for You, Immortality (all from Vitalogy 1994)
    Daniel Johnston -- Walking the Cow (from Hi, How Are You 1983)
    Zeke -- West Seattle Acid Party, Schmidt Rid (both from Super Sound Racing 1996)
    Eddie -- filtered mic
    Eddie & Beth's holiday answering machine messages
    Dee Plakas (from L7) & husband singing Jingle Bell Rock Matt Lukin (from Mudhoney)
    The Descendants -- Silly Girl (from I Don't Want to Grow Up 1985)
    The Fastbacks (live) -- On Your Hands, Run No More, Old Address of the Unknown
    Gas Huffer -- More of Everything (from One Inch Masters 1994)
    John S. Hall (from King Missile)--A Little Restraint (spoken word)
    The Gits -- Guilt Within Your Head (from Enter: The Conquering Chicken 1993)
    Eddie -- comments
    Interview w/ Val Agnew (from 7 Year Bitch) and Dave Minert (from Greta)
    Bobby Miller -- Keep Your Mouth Off My Sisters (spoken word)
    Dancing French Liberals of '48 (The Gits minus Mia Zapata) -- Dancing Foreign Legion
    Mudhoney (live) -- Judgement, Rage, Retribution and Thyme, Generation Spokesmodel, What Moves the Heart (all 3 songs from My Brother the Cow 1995)
    Eddie & Stone -- Stone plays cuts from Loose Groove label:
    Weapon of Choice -- U Owe it to U (from Nutmeg Sez "Bozo the Town 1994, Loose Groove records)
    Players Ball???
    Outkast -- Ain't No Thang
    Jeff
    Mix tape with Iggy, Tom, Veruca, Henry, and Noam Chomsky
    Mad Season (live) -- Lifeless Dead, I Don't Know Anything (both songs from Above 1995)
    Jeff
    Tom & Iggy (drummer piece)
    Jeff
    Three Fish -- Solitude (from Three Fish 1996)
    American Music Club -- The President's Test for Physical Fitness (from Wish the World Away single 1994)
    Eddie
    Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters -- Gas Chamber (cover song, by Angry Samoans), Exhausted (from the then not-yet-released Foo Fighters 1995)
    Babes in Toyland -- Pain in my Heart (from Spanking Machine)
    Soundgarden (live) -- Blind Dogs (from The Basketball Diaries soundtrack 1995), Fell on Black Days (from Superunknown 1994, but different version), Kyle Petty, Son of Richard, No Attention (from Down on the Upside 1996)
    Bass tuning tape
    The Frogs -- Do Me
    Eddie & Krist Novoselic
    Phone call with Dennis (from The Frogs)
    The Frogs - Johnny Get Out Of My Jidge (from the self-released cassette Made-Up Songs #10-15)
    Wesley Willis -- They threw me out of church
    Phone call with Mike Watt
    Mike Watt -- Big Train (from Ball Hog or Tug Boat? 1995)
    Mike Watt's answering machine message w/ Kathleen Hanna (from Bikini Kill)
    Crunt -- Black Heart
    Krist Novoselic reads from his book -- Chapter 1 - Surprise, Surprise
    The Who -- Tattoo
    Pearl Jam and Krist (live) -- Improv/Laurelhurst Beach Club Song
    Pearl Jam (live) -- Last Exit, Blood, Tremor Christ, Porch, Indifference
    Hovercraft -- Zero Zero Zero One
    Magnog -- ???
    Phone-call with Dee Plakas about Voters for Choice
    Eddie commentary about Rolling Stone, Spin, Ms. Voters for Choice memo
    Louis Armstrong -- What a Wonderful World
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Thank you cheers ;)
  • Options
    mervin50mervin50 Posts: 217
    Anyone got a copy of this as a full playlist :?: I mean everything from the PJ sets to the FM broadcast :?:
  • Options
    That was a good day when "Self Pollution Radio" took place.I remember being so excited!!!
    My Husband and I went down to Radio Shack to buy an antenna to hook up to our reciever so that we could listen.That night at our house in the San Francisco Bay Area, it was very stormy with hugh amounts of rain and wind. My Husband and I sat in the dark, our candles burning,with the storm whirrling all around us, listening to what was happening at Eddie's house at that exact moment. Even though I was in my own home, I was there in Seattle feeling the spirit of good will and joy.It was pretty cool.
    Thank You Pearl Jam.
    Jo

***we too are stardust***
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    mervin50 wrote:
    Anyone got a copy of this as a full playlist :?: I mean everything from the PJ sets to the FM broadcast :?:

Pretty sure I still have the original cassette tapes I recorded it from off the radio on the day!! No way to copy it now of course...LOL
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    I got the entire broadcast off Gremmie.net, broken up into tracks and all. Great!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    mervin50 wrote:

Pretty sure I still have the original cassette tapes I recorded it from off the radio on the day!! No way to copy it now of course...LOL

i actually found mine the other day
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Ty wrote:
    I got the entire broadcast off Gremmie.net, broken up into tracks and all. Great!

I did the same thing. The quality and ease of listening and downloading was great. Gremmie.net and Gremmie.net/basement are great sites with a ton of great material. I highly recommend these sites !
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    Rocket%20107.5%20Self-Pollution%20Radio_front1.jpg
    Rocket%20107.5%20Self-Pollution%20Radio_front2.jpg
    Rocket%20107.5%20Self-Pollution%20Radio_front3.jpg
    Rocket%20107.5%20Self-Pollution%20Radio_front4.jpg

above is the 4 cd set given out by the radio station
    Y100%20Self-Pollution%20Radio_back.jpg
    Q101%20Transmissions%20From%20Self-Pollution%20Radio_front.jpg
    the other offical releases of it .....

also you can pick it up on bootleg
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    i won the Y100 radio bootleg copy back in the day. I traded it probably about 10 years ago for another boot. I wish the band would do this type of thing again
  • Options
    im looking for all the above cds...

paul i hate you for getting the 4cd set last week.. :P

if anyones got any of them pm me ..will pay for them
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    im looking for all the above cds...

paul i hate you for getting the 4cd set last week.. :P

if anyones got any of them pm me ..will pay for them

i dont have the ones pictured here Kev, mine is the Z100 one....
  • Options
    owwwwwwww i love you again then :lol:

z100? y100 you mean?

no mate z100

and the Q101 one Im not sure this is a true PJ item.....it features other bands so its more a compilation...?
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    How many different Self Pollution titles are PJ only?

I'm trying to find mine now, because it looks nothing like the others mentioned above.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    How many different Self Pollution titles are PJ only?

I'm trying to find mine now, because it looks nothing like the others mentioned above.

is yours this one

http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1511

many of the boots actually proclaim on the artwork to be a PJ item.....but contain other material - the Q101 doesnt do that so much and is annonymous on the front

of course i do see your point though
  • Options
    ive got3or 4 non pearl jam bootlegs called self pollution as well...all so so sound but not offical.but still worth a listen ...some are not even the radio show.
  • Options
    WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 563
    I was like 12 when this was on and remember taping it all from the radio onto cassette tapes - tried so hard to stay awake for the whole thing, but I think I fell asleep towards the last hour (it was like 4am Eastern time by then). I still have all the tapes to this day, now if only i had a tape player...
    Was it on Z100?? I could swear I had 92.3 KROQ -
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    WM31482 wrote:
    I was like 12 when this was on and remember taping it all from the radio onto cassette tapes - tried so hard to stay awake for the whole thing, but I think I fell asleep towards the last hour (it was like 4am Eastern time by then). I still have all the tapes to this day, now if only i had a tape player...
    Was it on Z100?? I could swear I had 92.3 KROQ -

Never got to hear the broadcast till the end of spring '95. Our local radio stations didn't get the frequency. :( But was able to hear it from Toronto's The Edge bootleg cassette tapes my cousin got for me. Later found the bootleg CD's @ my local record store! :)

I'll hook you up with one of these ..

5239.jpg

I'll even throw in LL Cool J shipped via snail mail.
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Yes I remember this one! Wasn't this the one where Eddie gave out his home phone number on the air??

The fool!! :lol:
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878