My husband told me he will never be happy with me

13»

Comments

• a lot of stories of asshole guys here. makes me feel like superhusband.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mindi wrote:

We've been married for 12 years. We have had 8 kids, one passed away in 2008. We have been through so much together. You think he would have done it all a little nicer.

No - they NEVER do it a little nicer - I know how you feel, and I know what you are going through - but it WILL be ok. I had been with my ex husband for 15 years, married for 12 and a half, 4 kids - and he hooked up with his secretary, spent a looooooong time denying it - 12 months later and they are living together, and I am happier than I have been in a VERY VERY long time. The kids are ok, and yes - it was worth all the hurt and painfulness to have my 4 beautiful children. You will move on, get a good lawyer if that's what you want to do- or just move on if you don't. But don't ever give in to him and give him what he wants. Meet someone who makes you smile, and makes you feel that it's amazing to be alive, and you will realise that he was NEVER worth it. Good luck. :)
    amazing
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Thanks everyone. I'm glad I can come here and bitch about him. He was out the last two nights until nearly midnight! And really that's fine, I'm over him, over him doing this stupid shit. BUT now he is taking time away from our kids to be with another woman? That is not going to work for me! And I know this is why he says we can still live here together, so he can go out whenever he wants, and so he doesn't have to pay child support.

I am going to type up some stuff, just notes of the crap he's been doing, and then email a lawyer friend of mine and see what he has to say.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    yeah yeah, good thread and all that but can i just confirm that stardust1976 is free and single? ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • mindi wrote:
    Thanks everyone. I'm glad I can come here and bitch about him. He was out the last two nights until nearly midnight! And really that's fine, I'm over him, over him doing this stupid shit. BUT now he is taking time away from our kids to be with another woman? That is not going to work for me! And I know this is why he says we can still live here together, so he can go out whenever he wants, and so he doesn't have to pay child support.

I am going to type up some stuff, just notes of the crap he's been doing, and then email a lawyer friend of mine and see what he has to say.

you'd be amazed at how fast you can get child and spousal support going. Go to the lawyer today and it maybe by November 1 you'll start seeing the money. Believe me, I know... and I'm not the one receiving the money. I pay $1,169 per month!!! Being w/o this dude and being financially secure might make life pretty sweet. :D
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Paul David wrote:
    a lot of stories of asshole guys here. makes me feel like superhusband.

Yeah, no kidding. I sometimes think my wife and I are the only happy couple I know!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • ya got some travelling to do, though, dunky. ;)
    dunkman wrote:
    yeah yeah, good thread and all that but can i just confirm that stardust1976 is free and single? ;)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Paul David wrote:
    ya got some travelling to do, though, dunky. ;)
    dunkman wrote:

this is why some dork invented webcams though. ;):mrgreen:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    dunkman wrote:

Al Gore's 2nd greatest contribution to society.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • I think you just scared the hell out of stardust. :lol:
    dunkman wrote:
    Paul David wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Paul David wrote:
    I think you just scared the hell out of stardust. :lol:

oh no... not again!
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    mindi wrote:

We've been married for 12 years. We have had 8 kids, one passed away in 2008. We have been through so much together. You think he would have done it all a little nicer.

No - they NEVER do it a little nicer - I know how you feel, and I know what you are going through - but it WILL be ok. I had been with my ex husband for 15 years, married for 12 and a half, 4 kids - and he hooked up with his secretary, spent a looooooong time denying it - 12 months later and they are living together, and I am happier than I have been in a VERY VERY long time. The kids are ok, and yes - it was worth all the hurt and painfulness to have my 4 beautiful children. You will move on, get a good lawyer if that's what you want to do- or just move on if you don't. But don't ever give in to him and give him what he wants. Meet someone who makes you smile, and makes you feel that it's amazing to be alive, and you will realise that he was NEVER worth it. Good luck. :)

Nailed it!

(dont get excited Dunkman)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    Paul David wrote:

dunkman wrote:

I don't scare that easily - and sorry Dunkman, if you re-read my original post, I think you'll see the answer to this is no. There is already someone around who makes me smile. :)
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    There is already someone around who makes me smile. :)

You're welcome.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    Paul David wrote:

dunkman wrote:

I don't scare that easily - and sorry Dunkman, if you re-read my original post, I think you'll see the answer to this is no. There is already someone around who makes me smile. :)

re-read your original post?? ugh... you are SO demanding... its over.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,025
    dunkman wrote:
    Paul David wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

that would be a Scottish dork , would it not, Dunk? :mrgreen:

But I fully on board with the being single confirmation. Quite the looker that one!! shame for us, good for her.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    chadwick wrote:
    is it me or are all ppl alive having marital ruckuses?
    moreover, i hear stories of the males being total cock pricks.
    however, i was present to the admittance of a 40's something female peeing on her man's tooth brush and wiping herself clean with it.

wonderful.

and good luck

me and mine are getting along better than ever. but early in the volatile stage of our romance i got angry and scrubbed under my fingernails with his toothbrush, but that is only because i did not think about peeing on it.
    what a hoot
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    that's pretty shitty, you should try to find something incriminating on them before you push for divorce ;)

i had something similar yet opposite happen to me. i was with a girl for a little over 5 years, things had been going downhill and a few times in the two years or so i began mentioning occasionally maybe we should consider splitting up while we're still friendly towards each other instead of in some huge fight hating each other? she would cry and say she loved me and only wanted to be with me and she knew we could make it work....little did i know that at this same time she was telling people online the exact opposite! she said how she wanted to break up but i would cry and want to work it out!!

i began to suspect something was up but she denied it and got really defensive and she ended up watching me type in my email password and went through it while i was at work (she had quit her job with my major objections a year and a half before we split and pretty much got high and chatted online all day/night) and she saw i emailed a mutual friend and laid out a few things i found odd and asked if they felt i was overreacting like she would accuse me of when i'd question her about it. i came home and she was all pissed off that i was 'talking about her behind her back' and whatnot. so, since she invaded my privacy i watched her type her password (normally i would be cool with her knowing mine, i had nothing to hide but one of the strange things was she kept waning my password but refused to give me hers) and wow....i couldn't believe the few things i read!! :shock:

i confronted her about it and she denied it until i quoted a subject line to one of the messages, something about wanting to fuck her brains out. i didn't read them all as there were quite a few and quite a few different guys, too, including at least three from here! :o but it's all good, i saw some of the alternate reality she came up with.

after that she said it was just empty talk and just messing around on the internet while bored at home and i was at work, it didn't mean anything.

normally that would've been enough for me to leave but....she had kids, not with me but the youngest, her daughter, was only two when we got together so she thought of me as her dad. their biological dad was next to worthless, when he gave her any money for the kids it was $25/week/kid and he only helped out with school supplies and clothes once out of over 5 years. so how do you leave a girl with kids, no job, no car, no child support (at this time he had gotten fired for being late too many times)?? i felt i owed it to the kids to have something other than talk, no matter how bad the talk was.

and then....this guy had been hanging out at the house a lot lately and would be there when i got home from work (i worked 2nd shift at that time and worked a lot of overtime since i was the only one working) i felt something was up and only asked once because i knew she would just lie again like she did with the messages. she said no and can't she have any friends without her being accused (although, i don't feel asking a question is the same as accusing). i knew something was up, though, then one night i came home and normally i would shower as soon as i got home. she said she was gonna walk to the gas station to get a drink, which was like two blocks but she never walked it the entire time we were together so i felt that was a little odd. then the guy said he was going outside to smoke a cigarette and i went into the bathroom. as i started to undress my spidey sense kept going off and i just knew something was happening. i walked to the door and he was nowhere to be seen. so, i get in my car and drive towards the store and see them on a side road, i cut around and see....them holding hands and kissing!! :shock: :evil: i pull up beside them and they jump and act all scared and say cuss them out quickly then say i'm packing my shit up and leaving and that's exactly what i did.

i packed as much as my car could hold leaving things like the desktop computer i had built before knowing her, a ton of official and unofficial pj boots, live shows of radiohead, pink floyd, led zeppelin, the doors, nirvana, neil young.....which i never got back. :( i'd at least like the shows i went to

part of me wanted to beat the shit out of him and i know i could've destroyed him but the other part was happy to have an out. though, it was quite annoying and tacky to see her use some of the same lines on multiple people that she used on me when she was trying to get my interest.

and most annoying of all is she came back just as i was about to leave and begged me to stay saying she wasn't sure what she wanted to do yet!!! :lol::lol:
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    lettinggo wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    is it me or are all ppl alive having marital ruckuses?
    moreover, i hear stories of the males being total cock pricks.
    however, i was present to the admittance of a 40's something female peeing on her man's tooth brush and wiping herself clean with it.

wonderful.

and good luck

me and mine are getting along better than ever. but early in the volatile stage of our romance i got angry and scrubbed under my fingernails with his toothbrush, but that is only because i did not think about peeing on it.
    what a hoot

nice work, lettinggo.
    at least you girls aren't farting on a dude's tooth brush.
    do you ever think you will?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Good luck Mindi----hope things work out for the best.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me