My husband told me he will never be happy with me

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:
    i too come from a divorced household so i know all to well bout being fucked up cause of it

Yeah...it was awkward at first but I totally see why my Mom wanted out
    yup totally get that
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mindi wrote:
    and that he wants a divorce, BUT he wants us to live like we do now still.
    So what he really wants is
    to not feel guilty about having a girlfriend, but wants me to be here to take care of the kids and so he doesn't have to pay child support. And to have someone to clean the house, make dinner, do laundry and all that fun stuff :roll:

what guy doesn't want that?!?
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    What a fucker and an idiot for walking out. You seem like a totally rad chick- if you can laugh at the shit some of these assholes are posting ( :lol::lol::lol: ) the day after you get that kind of gut punch then there is no question you are going to come out on top. Keep on rockin tough chica!

Good luck with everything!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    What a fucker and an idiot for walking out. You seem like a totally rad chick- if you can laugh at the shit some of these assholes are posting ( :lol::lol::lol: ) the day after you get that kind of gut punch then there is no question you are going to come out on top. Keep on rockin tough chica!

Good luck with everything!
    i was thinking more along the lines of a scumbag but hey fucker and idiot also will work
    mindi wrote:
    Yeah he told me this on Friday. I went to facebook later that day I saw he had changed his relationship status on September 10 from "married" to "it's complicated" so I guess I was the last one to know. OHHHH and his "friend" at work LIKED his relationship change :roll: She also just recently filed for divorce.

this sounds like to me he's already got his girlfriend on the side
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Mindi, you are an awesome lady, kind, generous, loving, thoughtful, talented and a great mother and wife too.
    Time has a way of working all things out. Until you are sure what to do... no nothing.
    Clear your mind from this, picture yourself on the other side of it.... the worse case scenario, this an important step in self preservation.
    Gather your wants and needs, know them in your heart as well as you know your own babies and when the time is right you will know what to do.
    No one here can say for sure if its right to end a marriage. We can all speculate and say he is awful... lose this guy but he could be having a crisis of his own.
    That's where the strength of marriage comes in, if at all possible you go through a crisis together but not at the expense of your own self esteem and needs.
    A good partner wants what is best for the other but there are weak moments. Everyone gets confused and makes mistakes.
    A life sometimes feels like it is slipping away and that can be scary, especially midlife. It could be a bump in the road.
    Look after yourself, take good care and keep strong. Find your peace, this will all work out for you in the end.
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. A book suggestion if you can ever find the time:

http://www.amazon.com/This-Not-Story-You-Think/dp/0399156658
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Take care, it was for the best.
    I just went through a divorce of sorts cept we werent married..common law so pretty much the same thing. Its all done now, biggest thing was we owned a house together but dividing it up was done amicably. We stil talk cause she works for the same employer I do.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I just went through a divorce of sorts cept we werent married..common law so pretty much the same thing. Its all done now, biggest thing was we owned a house together but dividing it up was done amicably. We stil talk cause she works for the same employer I do.
    We own a house together too. I put down the down payment, $60,000, and he says we can live here together, for the next 30 years I guess, until the house is paid off and then I can buy it from him :roll:

Anyway I don't care about the house, he can have it. But I'm worried he's going to try to keep our daughter's ashes. How in the world do we figure out who gets them? :(
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    Damm what a dick don't give him anything except the bills .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    mindi wrote:
    We own a house together too. I put down the down payment, $60,000, and he says we can live here together, for the next 30 years I guess, until the house is paid off and then I can buy it from him :roll:

Anyway I don't care about the house, he can have it. But I'm worried he's going to try to keep our daughter's ashes. How in the world do we figure out who gets them? :(

Fuck him you deserve them you take care of the kids give him nothing ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I'm so sorry to read about this. But, with 8 kids, house and etc together - its a tough decision. I have a close friend doing the "same" thing. They have (3) kids and are getting divorced and HE will still live under the same roof untill he can afford to move out.

I suppose it allows them both to be free and yet my friend and her ex are saving money. And they still can be a "family". Not a good situation at all. I believe you deserve better. I wish you all the best.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Mindi oh Mindi, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll wish nothing but the best for you and the children. I just read your intial post and there's no way you or anyone else should accept anything as ridiculous as that situation. I've been there took my daughter and my ex had to do what she had to as the other parent our daughter wasn't living with. Did that make any sense? :)

Anyway, hang in ther stand firm and fight for your children. BTW something to pick up your spirits, were you able to catch RUSH on this Time Machine Tour? I saw 2 in Bristow VA and Saturday in West Palm Beach FL Totally AWESOME.
    Please take and get a good lawyer.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    kick him in the ass...no the balls...no the teeth...naw..the wallet...the the balls 8-) then call his mommy and tell her what a jerk she's got for a son :mrgreen:
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    then call his mommy and tell her what a jerk she's got for a son :mrgreen:

OMG I just a flashback......only it was MY father who called my ex's mother to tell her what manipulative, depraved piece of shit person her son was!

Anyways.....I can't really offer anything more than what others have already posted. Except maybe to keep a really good group of friends around you and do what you need to ensure that you and your children are happy.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    so sorry to hear about this, Mindi. keep your head up. seeing an attorney would be smart. take care.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mindi wrote:
    to not feel guilty about having a girlfriend, but wants me to be here to take care of the kids and so he doesn't have to pay child support. And to have someone to clean the house, make dinner, do laundry and all that fun stuff :roll:

I'm thinking, I'm not going to accept his generous offer and I will figure out how me and the kidlings can move on!

what a bastard! go find a new place with the kids, girl, cause it sounds like his lazy ass isn't in any hurry to move. *snap*
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I'm sorry to hear this... so much pain.

Seems like things have been difficult for a lot of folks around the boards lately.

This doesn't sound like a workable situation, though. And the Facebook status thing... it's degrading. Twelve years and eight children, and that's how you share the news?

Wishing you peace while you work your way through this.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    So sorry to hear this. HE seems like he has turned into a real dickhead.

If I was you, I would be soaking his clothes in water, filling his shoes with water, and putting them in the freezer.

Good luck to you and your kids :)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    Just wanting to let you know that the chaos screaming inside your head will eventually die away. My hope for you is that the peace you deserve comes sooner than later.

Don't be afraid to feel but also don't be afraid to let go and move forward.

This divorce will hurt and wound you. Remember that your wound will heal but chances are it will leave a scar. Know that there will come a day when you can look at that scar and feel pride. It will remind you how you have conducted yourself as an example for your children and risen above your adversities.

Blessings of peace to you and your children.
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    mindi wrote:

I'm thinking, I'm not going to accept his generous offer and I will figure out how me and the kidlings can move on!

what a bastard! go find a new place with the kids, girl, cause it sounds like his lazy ass isn't in any hurry to move. *snap*
    I would have thought with 6 kids living at home Mindi should stay where she is and the guy is going to find somewhere new.

Good luck Mindi! It may take a bit of time but the sun will shine through.
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    pjfan31 wrote:
    If I was you, I would be soaking his clothes in water, filling his shoes with water, and putting them in the freezer.

smiley-shocked003.gif
    something you have experienced? Although I must admit...that is freakin awesome! smiley-happy096.gif
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    pjfan31 wrote:

smiley-shocked003.gif
    something you have experienced? Although I must admit...that is freakin awesome! smiley-happy096.gif

me? I am only 24, too young for that shit. I used to know a guy in the Navy, and he used to do this shit when they were sailing away from home just to kill time.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Good grief!! That's crap!

Don't do it.
  • that is the most immature bullshit I've ever read. A guy with 8 kids and a wife of 12 years posts this shit on Facebook?

Sounds like he's 15 years old.
    mindi wrote:
    mindi wrote:

I'm truly sorry to hear that Mindi. Perhaps it is a blessing in diguise. A family member of mine was just recently shocked to find out her husband had been seeing a divorce attorney behind her back. I know she was devistated, especially cuz she had no idea. My best to you and your children
    Yeah he told me this on Friday. I went to facebook later that day I saw he had changed his relationship status on September 10 from "married" to "it's complicated" so I guess I was the last one to know. OHHHH and his "friend" at work LIKED his relationship change :roll: She also just recently filed for divorce.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • oh my god, that's awful. I'm about to cry reading this.
    mindi wrote:
    We've been married for 12 years. We have had 8 kids, one passed away in 2008. We have been through so much together. You think he would have done it all a little nicer.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • this is in no way my attempt at humour or disrespect but I have to ask: have you explored the possibility of mental or emotional trauma on his side of things? maybe an anxiety or nervous break or something? his behaviour just sounds pretty eratic and out of the blue if it truly was a shock like you say. I have a mental illness, which in no way makes me an expert, I'm just wondering if that's possible.

any chance of counselling?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Paul David wrote:
    this is in no way my attempt at humour or disrespect but I have to ask: have you explored the possibility of mental or emotional trauma on his side of things? maybe an anxiety or nervous break or something? his behaviour just sounds pretty eratic and out of the blue if it truly was a shock like you say. I have a mental illness, which in no way makes me an expert, I'm just wondering if that's possible.

any chance of counselling?
    He won't go to counseling. I've been seeing a therapist since April,he will not go to see her, or anyone.

I really just think he doesn't want to feel guilty when he has a girlfriend. He's out with her tonight.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • That's sad. I can't even imagine how you feel. and I'm sure it will be difficult for the kids. I would make him move his ass out. There is no need for you to uproot the children because of his nonsense. You are right, he wants to stay so he son't have to pay child and spousal support. Don't let that happen... as a mother I hope you find all the love and support you need. Be strong for your children and be strong for yourself. Call a lawyer. I've never met you, but know that I'm pulling for you, and I hope things work out for you. I really do. ;)
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    mindi wrote:

We've been married for 12 years. We have had 8 kids, one passed away in 2008. We have been through so much together. You think he would have done it all a little nicer.

No - they NEVER do it a little nicer - I know how you feel, and I know what you are going through - but it WILL be ok. I had been with my ex husband for 15 years, married for 12 and a half, 4 kids - and he hooked up with his secretary, spent a looooooong time denying it - 12 months later and they are living together, and I am happier than I have been in a VERY VERY long time. The kids are ok, and yes - it was worth all the hurt and painfulness to have my 4 beautiful children. You will move on, get a good lawyer if that's what you want to do- or just move on if you don't. But don't ever give in to him and give him what he wants. Meet someone who makes you smile, and makes you feel that it's amazing to be alive, and you will realise that he was NEVER worth it. Good luck. :)
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    Keiran wrote:
    Just wanting to let you know that the chaos screaming inside your head will eventually die away. My hope for you is that the peace you deserve comes sooner than later.

Don't be afraid to feel but also don't be afraid to let go and move forward.

This divorce will hurt and wound you. Remember that your wound will heal but chances are it will leave a scar. Know that there will come a day when you can look at that scar and feel pride. It will remind you how you have conducted yourself as an example for your children and risen above your adversities.

Blessings of peace to you and your children.

This is a very good, very true statement. It hurts a lot to be strong, but it feels so much better than the alternative.