Most disturbing thing you've ever seen or witnessed?

13»

Comments

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Yes, guy on bike survived. Broken legs and pelvis is what I read in the paper. It ended up being his fault. He went through the light without stopping and the SUV was just going straight through intersection.
    I have seen some accidents before, but the mangled body screaming under a car was the worst.
    I felt sick driving home.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    First two things that come to mind:

A dead man who had been stabbed dozens of times by this brother & left in the woods. The maggots infesting his nose, stab wounds, etc. were distgusting, but what I'll always remember was the expression on his face. He looked not only terrified, but also immeasurably saddened - if that's the right word - like he couldn't believe his own brother was doing this to him.

On Christmas Eve several years ago, I was driving on the freeway at about 80 MPH behind a truck with a big dog in the back when all of a sudden the dog jumped out. (I assume it jumped instead of just falling because it was projected away from the vehicle to the side of the road.) The ways & heights at which it tumbled & bounced into the air, only to hit the ground & fly into the air again, still alive, is an image I'll never get out of my brain. By the time it landed it was trying to run, but I don't think there's any possible way it lived. I stopped to help, but the guy driving the truck stopped too & ran after it. His passenger stayed in the car, seemingly as if the guy didn't need any help, and I didn't know what I should do so I waited a little while & then drove off.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I forgot about this until now. When I was 5 I was riding my bike down the street from my house and there was a stabbing on the sidewalk and after the ambulance left I rode my bike up to the spot and there was a puddle of blood on the ground. At the time I really didn't think anything of it. But I don't think it's the most disturbing thing iv ever seen.
    I'll be back
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    my father laying dead in the hospital morgue after a motorcycle accident.i can still feel how cold his hands felt and my disbeliefe that he was gone...just a few hours before we were laughing and talking about a ride to sturgis.
  • electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    years ago, i was the first person to respond from hearing a mother's scream.. 5 houses down from me after her little eighteen month old baby was not breathing from falling into a green slimey pool.. she had pulled the baby from the pool to her front yard
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Come to think of it, my pet cat being put down in front of me.
    Those images will never leave my mind. :(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014