Most disturbing thing you've ever seen or witnessed?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
what tops your list? Im not talking movies or tv here, Im talking real life experiences. you ever met someone so bizaare that it sticks in your mind? You ever witnessed something crazy?

Mine would be i was waiting for a bus and some guy starts talking to me, telling me his name is crazy eddie. he said he was on the run from the law and that he had caught his girlfriend with another guy, and took a tire iron to her face. he spoke this openly, loudly and matter of fact. the people around me werent fazed, it was like, only here in my hometown would something like this happen!

The other is taking the bus to the tenderloin in 2006 to see night 3 PJ. i went with my cousin, we are both from relatively small towns, he more so than i. we stepped off the bus and first thing, some guy approaches us and asks if we want crack. We hadnt even gotten to the hostel yet, we had our backpacks with us, we were literally just off the bus.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    a girl jumping 10 floors from an apt. builing and landing across the street from where me and my friends were hanging out...not a pretty sight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    When i was little, i saw how a supermarket manager verbally abused an employee with down syndrome it was a kid, and that somehow marked for life, I was around 6 years old but I can't forget the face of the kid feeling like a ant and ashamed of being scream at in from of everyone.

And I saw my mom trapped between two cars, our car parked at the side of the road and some some guy stooped to help us in front of our car, and my mom was passing through the cars and a drunk driver hit our car from behind and my mom absorbed the impact... after a lot of time of therapy my mom walked again without any problem...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    I saw a lady blow a red light and smash into the passenger side of the other car going through the intersection. Sound was crazy. We got out of our car and the dude that got hit was in shock and shaking around, eyes in the back of his head. Then I went over to the lady in the other car (whose fault it was) but she was crying hysterically and the airbag was deployed. Nobody else went over to her so I held her hand until the paramedics got there. The other guy turned out to be ok by the time the fire dept got there. The driver of the car that got hit was pregnant and they pretty much rushed her to the hospital. I'm pretty sure she was ok though since she walked to the ambulance
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Creed in concert.

Saw a guy pass out and hit the concrete after taking a hit of nitrus oxide. He hit his head pretty hard.

Also saw a drunk guy jump a chain link fence and miss. He face planted on Boston cobblestone road. There was a huge pool of blood.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Two things stick out in my mind....

One was about 4 years ago, I had been out having a few drinks with this girl, in a pretty dodgy area in Sydney. We were waiting for a train about midnight and a guy came up to us, with just short shorts on, jail tattoos all over him and a broken beer bottle in his hand. I was absolutely shitting myself, thinkin oh no..... he says...

'I'm going to fuckin kill somebody'

I was like in shock, and the girl I was with responds...

'Can you do it over there then?'

Heart in my mouth moment.

The other thing, when I was 11, my sister was on a holiday in the U.S and some guy strangled her to within an inch of her death. I guess what I am saying here is, I witnessed the frailties of human life. And how something like that affects someone, and her injuries. And also how it affects the whole family. I think of how close I was to losing my sister whom I love so much. And how if I ever came in contact with that guy, I would bash the fuck out of. Two wrongs don't make a right but I don't care, I would fuck him up. Preying on a young 19 year old was just plain sick....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    seeing another 18 wheeler smack into the back of another 18 wheeler in merging road work traffic. not a pretty site. my car woulda been in the middle of it had i not moved to the right. i got some sick pictures of the accident.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    Probably watching the house across the street burn down.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    my life
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    once i was a passenger in a car (front seat) and we had just started to take off on a green light far right lane.. i just happen at that moment to look out my side window at a vacant lot and saw a body of a person flipping around and around i saw up close a helmet on the person spinning around and around upside down..(the legs were straight up in the air and the head was upside down even with mine like the person was looking right into my eyes and this person hit the side of our car with a big thump..

first thought i imagined it was some sick halloween joke because it was it was october..unfortunately it wasn't.

another motorist behind saw the entire accident and stopped and told us what happened.

a guy and girl was on a motorcycle speeding and weaving in and out of traffic behind us..they hit the curb and a telephone pole right behind us. he was killed..head split in half

..police said she went approx. 117 feet in the air...she survived
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    chadwick wrote:
    my life

at some point in particular or from beginning until now, or after your first words?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    A murder in Brooklyn NY 1976, it went down like a mob hit. :shock:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    Oddly enough, this happened just on Thursday. I live in an apartment building with about 15 units. I parked my car in the garage downstairs after I got off work, and when I walked up the steps to enter the first level hallway to go up the next flight of stairs to my apartment... I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the most horrid odor I've ever smelled in my life.

It was after 6:00pm, so when I got to my apartment, I called the realtor's emergency line to report it. The guy was asking me a ton of questions and why I would call the emergency line about an odd smell (that wasn't a gas leak). I told him that I was concerned for the tenants on that floor, and that it smelled like someone had possibly died. He proceeded to ask me if I'd ever smelled a dead body before?? Seriously.

He then asked me if I could re-enter the hallway and help him pinpoint the odor. I was trying to be helpful but as I opened the door to that hallway it just overwhelmed me again, and I told him I couldn't do it and to send someone immediately.

Half hour later, our building manager shows up and I hear him pounding on a few doors downstairs. A little while later, I saw him outside, and I ran out to meet him. I told him I had called it in, and asked if it was what I had feared. He told me he wasn't certain yet, but the cops were on their way. He promised to let me know later what it was, even if it was that.

A half hour later I look out the window to see what's going on, and there are cops putting on Biohazard outfits. He came to my door later that evening, and confirmed the guy in the apartment below me had died. An hour after that I'm being interviewed by a cop wearing one of those biohazard jumpers.

The thing that gets me the most about the whole thing is that there are 15 units, and everyone uses that hallway. I didn't get home until after 6:00pm, and not one other person had phoned it in. What the hell?

I got sick twice that night after I knew for sure what it was that I smelled.... gave me nightmares. From what I gather it was not anything crime related, no reporters or anything like that. Poor guy, I'd only seen him a handful of times since I lived here, only in his 50's.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
    arq wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    my life

at some point in particular or from beginning until now, or after your first words?
    from birth (sometimes im sure pre-birth was disturbing) to present.
    a total disaster
    pure fuckage
    very disturbing happenings since day one ... onward.
    not any single moment is more or less significant than the other. (it's all in one... mine)
    this disaster is a disturbing life im living.
    somehow i do amazingly well at living it.
    do not ask me how.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • BrianGBrianG Posts: 53
    my best friend in a casket after he had killed himself in his early 30's, on my birthday. and my brother in a casket after dying from leukemia as a teenager on my birthday in another year. funerals are greatly disturbing to me.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    g under p wrote:
    A murder in Brooklyn NY 1976, it went down like a mob hit. :shock:

Peace

i've been thinking all day about this and i completly forgot about the murder..

i didn't actually see it happen, but i heard it. no doubt about it. bam bam bam

look out the window and there is a car sitting a house down the street (might have been a lincoln) with a guy slumped out of it.

first time i ever called 911
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i once saw this thread about a guy that was going to quit his job so he could go to a concert. man, that was a train wreck
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    BrianG wrote:
    my best friend in a casket after he had killed himself in his early 30's, on my birthday. and my brother in a casket after dying from leukemia as a teenager on my birthday in another year. funerals are greatly disturbing to me.

Funerals are quite disturbing indeed. In one year back when I taught pre-school I had to lay to rest (he was killed as his sled slid out into a road and was run over) a 9 yr old student in my before and after school program. In that same classroom later in 1992 I laid to rest a very talented 19 year old assistant who was killed in a drowning accident in the Potomac River. It was a very sad year indeed. :(

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    My mom was at a butcher's shop and the lady butcher was grinding meat (I know, I know, there's a bad joke in here...) and the lady's fingers got caught in the grinder. My mom couldn't do anything, obviously. I think she screamed, the woman screamed.

The woman was okay, she might've lost the tips of two fingers though.
  • electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    edited October 2010
    another very disturbing thing..years ago a close friend of mine asked me to please go with her to a nearby hospital to claim the body of her deceased husband.. he had been hit by two cars and one of the cars had dragged him a ways underneath...

he had been crossing a busy highway after leaving a bar (walking).. i will probably never, ever forget when the woman at the hospital pulled down the white sheet and uncovered a swollen head...dried blood all over his face
    Post edited by electronblue on
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I used to work in the veterinary field, and I have seen lots of disturbing things...we all love our pets and I could not share those things here.
    The only thing I will say, is I had to handle a decaying body, and will never forget 'that smell'.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I saw a guy overdose on the sidewalk across the st were i live with the heroin needle still it him arm...
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Saw a guy cut his thumb off with a table saw.

Dislocated a buddy's knuckle only to have him pop it back into place right in front of me.

The night of the Rashad Evans/Forrest Griffin(mixed martial arts) fight there was a little dare/bet goin between 2 of my buddies. If Rashad won they(my friends) were gonna have a wrestling match. Don't remember how long the actual fight went but Rashad knocked Griffin out pretty early and the 20 or so people gathered to watch the fight and celebrate the holidays if I remember correctly exploded in anticipation of the post-fight fight. It didn't last long. As Buddy 1 was puttin out his cigarette he was put in a standing rear naked choke by Buddy 2, and the fight went straight back and down to the ground. Well, somebody forgot to tell the 4lb dog chillin in the middle of the floor and it never stood a chance. I can't even describe what happened after that. It was just a pretty brutal scene all in all.

Bodies in caskets are always menacing. For awhile after my brother died all I could remember how he looked laying in his casket.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Sorry but i have seen more than one.

I once with to meet a client of mine at his home to discharge him from my caseload. he was not in a good state so i was deciding to not discharge him but at that moment he took out a gun and shot himself in front of me.

I recently saw my mom die from cancer in front of me. both my brothers went home and i stayed at the hospital. she began to take deep breathes but then all of a sudden stopped. Still can't get that image out of my head.
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    I went to a full service gas station about two years ago. It was freezing as hell outside so after the attendant pumped my gas I pulled up closer to the door so he didn't have to walk so far. As he was walking into the store somebody with a mask was behind him and stabbed him in the back of the head.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    i would say mine are mostly sports injuries i've witnessed.

1) a guy shattering his ankle breaking bones and tearing all ligaments and tendons - when he fell is foot was actually dangling totally turned fully upside down. this happened during a basketball game and even the ref and his friends/teammates ran away at 1st site of it - was brutal

2) a friend getting hit in the nuts with a pitched baseball shattering his testicle. fell down like he was shot and screamed out in pain

3) a girl falling over a park bench and hearing her arm just shatter. could see her bone sticking out. i was playing hoops on the court and saw and heard it - sounded like a stick breaking.
  • fife wrote:
    Sorry but i have seen more than one.

I once with to meet a client of mine at his home to discharge him from my caseload. he was not in a good state so i was deciding to not discharge him but at that moment he took out a gun and shot himself in front of me.

I recently saw my mom die from cancer in front of me. both my brothers went home and i stayed at the hospital. she began to take deep breathes but then all of a sudden stopped. Still can't get that image out of my head.
    almost my two most gut wrenching experiences exactly, except I didnt witness the suicide. My best college buddy was begging me to come to the bar with him late one night. Although the bar was like 2 blocks away it was nearly closing time so i didnt see the point. He called me like 3 times after that, but I ignored his calls to go to bed. Got a call early the next morning that the police had found him in his car miles away...he had shot himself. Still cant help but blame myself a little.

I too held my dad's hand as he took his final breathes (he had battled cancer for about 6-7 years). he was my best friend...enough said.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • The first place i moved into after college was a shithole apartment. I had a neighbor who was about 40 yrs old and was always drunk as hell and trying to hang out with me. Within a week I started to smell something funny coming from the garage (a community shared storage garage). He had pulled his car in and committed suicide by carbon monoxide. It was dark in there, but his face was spooky as fuck.

Then, stragely, the next place i moved a few years later, I found another dead person within a week. I started to think it was some weird coincidence and I should never move again. The neighbor had stolen a bunch of coke and heroin and used too much. He overdosed standin in his kitchen, but when he fell forward, he hit his face first on the tile and it looked like it pretty much exploded, there was blood everywhere. They thought he was murderedat first, so the police held me for a bit for questioning -- So it was a fucked up day to say the least.

Lastly, me and a friend (who was 5 foot 5, 115 pounds) were minding our own business and were jumped by a group of 7 guys in high school. They rearranged my friends face. His jaw was smashed and he almost lost an eye. He was drinking his meals out of a straw for months. Sad part is, the guys who jumped us were a bunch of rich kids in south florida who should've been up for attempted murder, but just got a slap on the wrist because of their expensive attorneys. fuckers.. i hope karma made their dicks turn green one day.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    chadwick wrote:
    my life
    :(
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    i think the most disturbing thing for me was the first time I saw The Excorcist..
    man...I didn't sleep for days.

...no one said it had to be real life disturbing...did they?
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    Boo Boo wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    my life
    :(
    i do not understand how i am the only one who leads a disturbing life

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where