Most disturbing thing you've ever seen or witnessed?

Comments

• Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    chadwick wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    my life
    :(
    i do not understand how i am the only one who leads a disturbing life

well...is it constantly disturbing? From what you told me it doesn't seem all that bad?
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Boo Boo wrote:
    well...is it constantly disturbing? From what you told me it doesn't seem all that bad?
    roller coasters boo boo
    roller coaster

good times
    bad times
    (sounds like a zeppelin tune)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    chadwick wrote:
    Boo Boo wrote:
    roller coasters boo boo
    roller coaster

good times
    bad times
    (sounds like a zeppelin tune)
    :D
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    When I was a kid, I loved going to all you can eat restaurants. What was there not to like about eating plate after plate after plate of food and then following it up with multiple desserts?

Anyhoo, one time I was getting my dessert after eating my fair share of non-dessert comestibles, and I saw an old dude lick the whipped cream spoon clean, and then he put the damned thing back in the whipped cream.

Needless to say, as of that day, I was no longer a fan of the buffet style restaurant scene.

Disclaimer: This probably isn't the most disturbing thing I've seen in my life; it's just a fun combination of disturbing and not too heavy subject matter.
    Glorified version of a pelican
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    Boo Boo wrote:
    i think the most disturbing thing for me was the first time I saw The Excorcist..
    man...I didn't sleep for days.

...no one said it had to be real life disturbing...did they?

no one except the OP in his first sentence :D
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I took my wife to a Leona Lewis concert.
  • EilianEilian Posts: 276
    I once saw and became horribly transfixed to the sight of a properly ugly woman brace the wall of a jam packed dancefloor with her back as her sweaty man friend fisted her.

South Wales' nightlife rules!
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Eilian wrote:
    I once saw and became horribly transfixed to the sight of a properly ugly woman brace the wall of a jam packed dancefloor with her back as her sweaty man friend fisted her.

South Wales' nightlife rules!
    I think I'm going to skip dinner! :lol:
  • Worked as a Firefighter.

Did first aid on a guy who was slashed across his stomach by a knife. He was holding his intestines in his hands.
    EMS came and took him away.

Saw some pretty burned up folks. One was being taken from the fire building to the hospital. He was charred from head to toe. I thought he was dead but he opened his eyes and looked right at me. Still can see those eyes.
    Hold On
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I saw a guy break his neck and drown.
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    This still haunts me. And I've only ever told a few people.
    The night my daughter died, I didn't hear her breathing. I went over to where she was sleeping and touched her arm. She let out a huge breath, and that was it. I guess it was her last breath. I don't know if I will ever get over it.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • mindi wrote:
    This still haunts me. And I've only ever told a few people.
    The night my daughter died, I didn't hear her breathing. I went over to where she was sleeping and touched her arm. She let out a huge breath, and that was it. I guess it was her last breath. I don't know if I will ever get over it.
    :( :( :( :( :(

Mine is seeing my brother die from a massive heart attack on my dad's birthday.

Nothing like seeing someone you love, who brought nothing but peace & light & love to your life in a casket. Eyes and mouth sewn shut, bloated, a weird color. A good man who would give the shirt off of his back for anyone. He was a great big brother and it's never gotten easier to be here on Earth without him. He's the first person I think of when I get up, and 13 FUCKING YEARS later, I still cry at night because he's gone.

But one cool thing~I gave birth to my baby boy on what would have been his 50th birthday. So we have other things to celebrate on his birthday and on the day he died. It helps in some strange way.

God mindi, I couldn't imagine losing one of my babies. I don't even have words for that. So sorry.
    Where she walks no flowers bloom...
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Creed in concert.

Saw a guy pass out and hit the concrete after taking a hit of nitrus oxide. He hit his head pretty hard.
    He was probably trying to kill himself if he was at a Creed concert.

The strangest thing I've ever seen was a prostitute fighting her pimp in the middle of the street. I lived in Jersey City and was walking to the laundromat, and I just see these two duking it out with cars swerving around them. Probably the strangest (and funniest) thing I've ever seen.

One thing that kind of shook me was entirely different, though. I didn't see him get shot, but I heard the gunshot a couple of floors above me, and once the cops/ambulance/etc showed up, I watched the victim get wheeled out on a stretcher to the ambulance. It turned out his boyfriend had shot him in the head with a shotgun, but somehow they guy was lucky enough to live, because only a few of the pellets even hit him and they didn't penetrate too deeply. It was still pretty disturbing though.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • As for real-life... nothing really comes to mind.

There are 2 movies, though, that screwed me up for days!

Gladiator Days - Anatomy of a Prison Murder
    Last House on The Left-BOTH versions

I believe all can be watched online-consider yourself warned!
  • When I was in my 20's I worked at Gottschalks, which was like a Macy's but on the west coast. I was stocking one of the departments and I saw this big woman running full steam through the department, leaving a trail of liquid poo behind her. She screamed, "Where's the bathroom!?" at a few of the employees and was pointed to the bathrooms in the lobby. Apparently her colostomy bag had burst. I spent two hours cleaning up the raunchiest smelling liquid poo from the floors and carpets. I still don't know if they got the stains out.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • EilianEilian Posts: 276
    When I was in my 20's I worked at Gottschalks, which was like a Macy's but on the west coast. I was stocking one of the departments and I saw this big woman running full steam through the department, leaving a trail of liquid poo behind her. She screamed, "Where's the bathroom!?" at a few of the employees and was pointed to the bathrooms in the lobby. Apparently her colostomy bag had burst. I spent two hours cleaning up the raunchiest smelling liquid poo from the floors and carpets. I still don't know if they got the stains out.

Shit everywhere = anecdote gold, my friend. Nice work.
  • A TV commercial tonight promoting Justin Bieber to appear on CSI.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I witnessed a shooting once.

When I was 21 or so, I was home from college visiting my parents. I grew up in South Dallas, which is kind of bad neighborhood. Anyway, my best friend at the time lived next door and one night around midnight or so I went over to visit and we sat out on the front porch smoking (we used to do that all the time when I lived there).

His house was on a corner street, next to a major intersection. Its about 50 feet or so from the intersection. Well, this car pulled up and stopped at the light. A minute or so later a pickup truck pulled up beside the car. A guy popped up from the bed of the truck with a gun and unloaded on the guy in the car. It was some sort of semi-auto handgun and he fired probably 8 or 9 shots. The truck then screeched off. The guy that was shot managed to open his car door and spill out onto the street.

Jeremy (his real name!) and I ran out to the car (after being sure the truck was gone). The guy was still alive. The window was shattered and there were bullet holes in the door. He had been hit in the upper arm and shoulder, leg, left torso and I distinctly remember an entry and exit wound at his elbow. He was bleeding everywhere of course and we had one of those moments you only see in the movies. He was crying that he was going to die. Jeremy called 911 while I held the dude's hand. We told him he was fine, he wasn't going to die and that help was on the way. He just kept crying and saying he was going to die.

Luckily, we lived pretty close to a police station and an off-duty cop was on the way into work and drove right by us not 2 minutes after the incident so he stopped and took over. Then came the ambulance, fire truck, more cops, etc.

The guy did live, but was hospitalized for a while. Turns out he was dating the shooter's sister and had somehow "dissed her" according to the Dallas detectives that showed up the next day to interview us, so the shooter was out to get him back for whatever it was. My friend and I were to be witnesses at the trial but it never got that far. The shooter and the driver of the truck and a couple of guys with them were all arrested and they were going to testify against him so he plea bargained down to something and we never went to a trial.

Pretty crazy, no?

@mindi - Wow, I cannot imagine that. I have kids and of course that is every parent's worst nightmare. So sorry to read that.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • a girl jumping 10 floors from an apt. builing and landing across the street from where me and my friends were hanging out...not a pretty sight
    I turned a corner in Paris to the immediate aftermath of something similar. This guy lying there with his head in a pool of blood and stuff very obviously broken and he was quite dead. That was pretty disturbing alright :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Barry Manilow in concert.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Without question, the most disturbing thing I have EVER witnessed was the Kathy Bates' nude scene in About Schmidt. They should have had fucking warnings posted on the DVD cover!!!

Blah! :evil: :evil: :wtf: :wtf: :sick::sick: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    Dude looks like a ventiloquist's dummy with all the facelifts these days:
    barry-manilow.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    gunshot wound to the head

I was interning in an ER and a man that shot himself in the head came in
    shot himself in the mouth, but the bullet ricocheted off the back of his skull and out his eye
    not pretty

over 25 years ago and I still remember it vividly

that and I was once flashed-when I was 10
    walking home with the babysitter when some dude jumped out the bushes and flashed us
  • Being 12 years old...
    watching a pick-up truck obliterate the most wonderful woman on earth, right in front of me.

The driver had his window down... pieces of her skin and blood were on his face and left arm.
    Disturbing doesn't quite cut it.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    I guess i must be pretty lucky i can't think of anything that i can call disturbing ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

My Mom's Favorite!

barry_manilow.jpg

I've been alive forever
    And I wrote the very first song
    I put the words and the melodies together
    I am music
    And I write the songs

[Chorus:]
    I write the songs that make the whole world sing
    I write the songs of love and special things
    I write the songs that make the young girls cry
    I write the songs, I write the songs

My home lies deep within you
    And I've got my own place in your soul
    Now when I look out through your eyes
    I'm young again, even tho' I'm very old

Oh, my music makes you dance and gives you spirit to take a chance
    And I wrote some rock 'n roll so you can move
    Music fills your heart, well that's a real find place to start
    It's from me, it's for you
    It's from you, it's for me
    It's a worldwide symphony

I am music and I write the songs
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I saw a biker being dragged under an SUV. Took me a minute for my brain to figure out what I was actually seeing. I the was first pulled over and they were in the middle of an intersection. The driver was hysterical and the biker was crying and moaning, then he just stopped.
    There wasn't much blood, but the sounds were terrible.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I saw a biker being dragged under an SUV. Took me a minute for my brain to figure out what I was actually seeing. I the was first pulled over and they were in the middle of an intersection. The driver was hysterical and the biker was crying and moaning, then he just stopped.
    There wasn't much blood, but the sounds were terrible.

Did the biker survive :(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    chadwick wrote:
    arq wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    my life

at some point in particular or from beginning until now, or after your first words?
    from birth (sometimes im sure pre-birth was disturbing) to present.
    a total disaster
    pure fuckage
    very disturbing happenings since day one ... onward.
    not any single moment is more or less significant than the other. (it's all in one... mine)
    this disaster is a disturbing life im living.
    somehow i do amazingly well at living it.
    do not ask me how.
    because sir you are badass 8-)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    A TV commercial tonight promoting Justin Bieber to appear on CSI.

hell have all australia screaming. ;)8-)

the zoemonster is quite excited about this. shame its on past her bedtime. im so mean. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say