Facebook....

Comments

• These facebook threads are so fucking redundant!
    Same complaints/replies in every single thread...

The apps suck
    The status updates are pointless, I don't care if you are _______ right now
    I don't want to talk to people I don't want to talk to
    It's a popularity contest, some peopel are 'friends' with people they're not REALLY friends with
    I don't want people to know what I'm up to, and I don't trust big brother
    I don't want another distraction in my life
    No one picks up the phone anymore
    etc etc etc etc....

Some people use it and like it....
    Some people don't use it and don't like it....
    And now, apparently, some people use it, and don't like it.

Q: What is common to all three scenarios?
    A: No one gives a flying fuck what you think of facebook, and your opinion will not change theirs!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    It's Evil, i read somewhere that Facebook was named as one of the contributing factors in 35% of all divorces in America last year. :evil:

My wife loves it, she'll find some one she knew in the 4th grade and two weekends later it the most important thing in the world to her that we go meet and have dinner with these people, even though they live 4 hours away.

My theory: All Woman are Nuts and now they have a way to Communicate, What could go wrong?
    :lol:
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • It's Evil, i read somewhere that Facebook was named as one of the contributing factors in 35% of all divorces in America last year. :evil:

My wife loves it, she'll find some one she knew in the 4th grade and two weekends later it the most important thing in the world to her that we go meet and have dinner with these people, even though they live 4 hours away.

My theory: All Woman are Nuts and now they have a way to Communicate, What could go wrong?

I think facebook does force people to deal with trust issues in their relationships. There is a chance this means divorce, but I don't think you can blame the website...

Scenario:
    A married man gets a friend request from an old fling....he neglects to mention to his wife that he is talking to this old fling daily....they decide to meet, without the wife's knowledge....one thing leads to another...an affair begins, the husband starts cheating. This is the website's fault?

And what do people have against getting together with old friends? sheesh. Even if they were just old acquaintances...why not? I mean, which is it? We complain about not socializing b/c of this technology...but then we complain when the technology leads to socializing?
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    jokertt wrote:
    all i can say is it kills time playing the apps .
    hey jokertt..nice job on the photo of the day or of the century, i must say!
    now back to fb, carry on..
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    and about facebook
    i use it, it passes time while the kids play all day and i like it
    so does that mean i'm a loser? maybe so so
    but who cares?
    really, who cares?

you might all be inerested to know that many over on FB think ppl here on the pit are rude and that they wouldn't come over here...

so you don't go over there
    they don't come over here

its all settled

all good

i do both
    why the f(*k not? :roll:
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Most bands have Facebook accounts anymore and a few of thier updates can be interesting.
    #FHP
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    StillHere wrote:

you might all be inerested to know that many over on FB think ppl here on the pit are rude and that they wouldn't come over here...

Well, I am rude... and I have rabies. Those wimps are right to stay away lest they get bit. :twisted:
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Yea, there are SO many idiots on Facebook spewing their opinions and forcing others to read what's going on inside their twisted little minds. That's why I like the PJ message board - MUCH fewer idiots spewing their opinions and forcing others to read what's going on inside their twisted little minds...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • DeLukin wrote:
    Yea, there are SO many idiots on Facebook spewing their opinions and forcing others to read what's going on inside their twisted little minds. That's why I like the PJ message board - MUCH fewer idiots spewing their opinions and forcing others to read what's going on inside their twisted little minds...

exactly less fools to deal with :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    DeLukin wrote:

exactly less fools to deal with :lol:
    Merely because there are fewer users here. ;)
    #FHP
  • "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I'm not convinced the security and privacy is adequate. Until they can prove it to me, I must abstain.

I think I may be one of about seven people in the Western Hemisphere, but I digress.

big reason why i don't have anything personal posted there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    StillHere wrote:
    and about facebook
    i use it, it passes time while the kids play all day and i like it
    so does that mean i'm a loser? maybe so so
    but who cares?
    really, who cares?

so you don't go over there
    they don't come over here

its all settled

all good

i do both
    why the f(*k not? :roll:

People here think i'm rude, i need and even nastier place to hang out.
    Does Lady Gaga have a forum site?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    did someone say drama?

Johnny-Drama-at-Comicon-entourage-45530_506_316.jpg
    eyedclaar wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

Well, I am rude... and I have rabies. Those wimps are right to stay away lest they get bit. :twisted:

eyed...i already knew that....i just wanted to make sure that you know that the fb crowd thinks so too

but we are still buds right? i'm just the messenger :D8-)
    peace,
    jo

DeLukin wrote:

do you really think so? which threads are you reading over here...cuz i pretty much think there are some pretty nasty ones...some of which i am ashamed to say i've even partaken in, but no different than fb except that its not exactly a running conversation over here so if you don't take the time to read the entire thread you don't know it, where on fb its all bunched up together in one thread so you get to see all the nastiness all at one time. you know? ;)
    peace,
    jo

Horos wrote:
    Most bands have Facebook accounts anymore and a few of thier updates can be interesting.
    very true...been to a lot of good shows that i otherwise would not have known about...so kudos for bands using fb! other bands unless they are pj tribute bands don't get any recognition over here...at least not much. i mean its not the go to place to find out what your local hot bands are up to...facebook is perfect for that. myspace would have been too but its so graphic intensive that i get sick of it freezing and never really look at the page. except if they have a music player...then its worth it...just sayin'
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:

eyed...i already knew that....i just wanted to make sure that you know that the fb crowd thinks so too

The FB crowd thinks I'm rude... or is it really that they think I'm dead sexy?

eyedclaar wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

The FB crowd thinks I'm rude... or is it really that they think I'm dead sexy?

well I think you're DEAD sexy but i can't speak for everyone..sorry :lol:
    peace,
    jo

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    StillHere wrote:

you clearly have issues
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

you clearly have issues

hahahaaaa you don't know the HALF of it 81! :lol:
    all in fun
    what's life all about if we can't have fun right?
    peace,
    jo

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    StillHere wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:

do you really think so? which threads are you reading over here...cuz i pretty much think there are some pretty nasty ones...some of which i am ashamed to say i've even partaken in, but no different than fb except that its not exactly a running conversation over here so if you don't take the time to read the entire thread you don't know it, where on fb its all bunched up together in one thread so you get to see all the nastiness all at one time. you know? ;)
    Yea, I was being sarcastic. The total-members-to-idiots ratio is much higher here. Funny how elitism prevents us from seeing the grass isn't always greener on this our side of the fence...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    81 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

you clearly have issues

Admit it 81, you love me...

DeLukin wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:

Yea, I was being sarcastic. The total-members-to-idiots ratio is much higher here. Funny how elitism prevents us from seeing the grass isn't always greener on this our side of the fence...
    hahahaaaa..well ok then...good one :lol:
    peace,
    jo

• CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Horos wrote:
    That was how I found out about Ben Harper's gig at the cemetary and got tickets... and that's how I heard about and got in to see Jenny Lewis play in a tiny bar for about 60 of us for 5 bucks a pop.
    So, there are good things to be said about it.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    its for children
    Its for people who really need to go outside and take a breath of fresh air.........
    or maybe its for people that like to keep in touch with former members of this board that aren't in the 10c

Maybe its for people that like to bull shit wit fellow fans and not have some elitist kissass say you aren't a "hardcore' fan for disagreeing with the way pearl jam and 10c does things
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    metsfan wrote:
    its for children
    Its for people who really need to go outside and take a breath of fresh air.........
    or maybe its for people that like to keep in touch with former members of this board that aren't in the 10c

Maybe its for people that like to bull shit wit fellow fans and not have some elitist kissass say you aren't a "hardcore' fan for disagreeing with the way pearl jam and 10c does things

:D u i like
  • It's Evil, i read somewhere that Facebook was named as one of the contributing factors in 35% of all divorces in America last year. :evil:
    Don't know how many divorces it's caused, but I have read a few articles and talked to a few people that have said facebook statuses, posts, and pictures have played a large part in divorce settlements. Like denying joint custody of children because there were pictures of the dad dating a skank and the judge denying alimoney because there were posts from the woman about going on a date while she was supposed to be happily married. It's amazing how much people will post without realizing the consequences.

As for me, I use facebook, but not really all that much. The poeple I wanted to keep in touch with I have and I don't really keep up with all the status updates.

Also, without facebook we wouldn't have http://failbook.failblog.org/ ...some of the posts there are too funny :lol:
  • My disclaimer i'm not the Jose Morales on Facebook ok Speedy :lol::lol: but really i don't have an account ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    i like facebook cause there's people on there that I comment on there status who I don't hang out with anymore, but like that there still around and kicking

I don't take it serious and have only like 80 friends, I don't add many people
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2