Options

Terry Jones cancels......

13»

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    Jason P wrote:
    I'm just glad I don't live in Afghanistan ... or Florida now that I think of it :?

I'm also glad I'm not a crazy christian or insane muslim.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Jason P wrote:
    I'm just glad I don't live in Afghanistan ... or Florida now that I think of it :?

One group may murder you for disagreeing and the other will burden you with enough guilt that you want to murder yourself. ;)
  • Options
    cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Jason P wrote:

Do you belong to the little-known religion that Newt Gingrich is terrified of? The atheist muslims?
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    STUPID DUMB FUCK
    more and more reason to an outright ban on all forms of public worship of any god
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    STUPID DUMB FUCK
    more and more reason to an outright ban on all forms of public worship of any god
    much agreed.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    if there is an attack on the united states as a result of this burning, terry jones should be held as an accessory for starting this whole thing.
    Disagree. I don't think one should be held responsible for how people react to what they do. Especially if what is done causes no harm to them.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    edited April 2011
    Let him burn the Quran, let him stack a mountain of Qurans on top each other, and burn them. It's just such an ignorant act. Burning books, a step backwards for mankind. Why not recycle, makes more sense ;)
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    if there is an attack on the united states as a result of this burning, terry jones should be held as an accessory for starting this whole thing.
    Disagree. I don't think one should be held responsible for how people react to what they do. Especially if what is done causes no harm to them.

Causality, Cause and effect. :ugeek:
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353

well you must not live in the united states...because as we all know, there is always someone who is at fault...and it is rarely the people reacting like idiots...
    in all seriousness I just don't understand it...I don't understand the burning, I don't understand the reaction...People are fucking crazy.
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    MrAbraham wrote:

Causality, Cause and effect. :ugeek:
    Terry Jones didn't hurt anybody, he was just an asshole.

The blood is solely on the hands on those who partook in the violent actions.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    was the artist who drew muhammad with a bomb on his turban responsible for provoking the deadly protests all across the muslim world?

yes he was.

did terry jones commit an act that provoked violent and deadly protests?

yes he did.

sooooo.....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    was the artist who drew muhammad with a bomb on his turban responsible for provoking the deadly protests all across the muslim world?

yes he was.

yes he did.

sooooo.....

no one is at fault for others actions like this...is he a dip shit...yes...in fact I would say the reaction only reinforces his stance in his strange little brain...
    But those that get violent and actually kill are the ones who are responsible for it...no one else...Protests can and should be peaceful...the best thing that anyone could do is not react to it at all
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    It's the same thing, being an asshole is a state, he had 'the cause' and the effects of said actions were known.
    I'm not sure if you get the concept of 'Causality'.
  • Options
    MrAbraham wrote:
    It's the same thing, being an asshole is a state, he had 'the cause' and the effects of said actions were known.

each one of those people involved in murdering someone else was not forced to do so...the cause of those actions were their choices, not the subject of the protest. How removed must someone be in order to no longer be considered the cause? because really if we continually go back until we find the cause we want to blame...I blame the big bang for creating the universe,
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options

yes he was.

yes he did.

sooooo.....
    But how can we hold an individual responsible for how others react to them. Burning of the book or drawing a cartoon does not justify killing of people.

If Christopher Hitchens said something that offended Christians, and one (or several) christians became violent, would you blame Hitchens for the violence? No. It's the people who were violent.

Is Martin Luther King responsible for the way the police turned the dogs on the protesters?
  • Options
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    MrAbraham wrote:

each one of those people involved in murdering someone else was not forced to do so...the cause of those actions were their choices, not the subject of the protest. How removed must someone be in order to no longer be considered the cause? because really if we continually go back until we find the cause we want to blame...I blame the big bang for creating the universe,

Sure, and the cause of the big bang?

You see, I'm not trying to justify what is happening, just pointing out a simple cyclical pattern apparent throughout human history.

and one part of that is shown in your post, even your use of the word 'blame' in relation to the big bang. Nevertheless, it is all about going back, go back until you get to the source, it's simple.

Education is needed, a better understanding, less ego.
  • Options
    i blame pearl jam for making their music, which has drawn me to this forum, which has drawn me into debates like this.... :lol:

causality can go on forever.

either way, i think we can all agree that terry jones is a stupid human being, and he truely reflects the worst of us. those people who use religion as a wedge to divide people from different faiths are the worst kind of people IMO.

he thinks he is doing the right thing, and that is the saddest part.

• Options
    i blame pearl jam for making their music, which has drawn me to this forum, which has drawn me into debates like this.... :lol:

causality can go on forever.

either way, i think we can all agree that terry jones is a stupid human being, and he truely reflects the worst of us. those people who use religion as a wedge to divide people from different faiths are the worst kind of people IMO.

he thinks he is doing the right thing, and that is the saddest part.
    I can agree to this. But I think the worse people are those who beheaded the others.
  • Options
    markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,067
    Jones is a super idiot but the people that are physically inflicting the violence are mega super idiots. Some jag off in Florida says my imaginary friend can beat up your imaginary friend and people half way around the earth are getting hurt. Why are we humans so stupid?
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Options
    anyway, like we were saying, part of the solution to this is education.

Jones much be the worst Christian, burning a book that speaks about Jesus so highly. How does that make sense? and the Muslim people should not be so upset over the burning of the Quran, Quran means recitation, thats how it was transmitted over the years, it's a bit illogical for them to be upset about it when looked at how it really is.

Again, it's about education,
  • Options
    ;)
    The Onion, always with the finger on the pulse...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/us-to- ... ist,19947/
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2