Be Honest Guys....Are you Going Bald?

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I believe the receding hair gene is inherited from the mothers side. My father was bald and so I've been watching my sons head for awhile now ;)
    he shaves it, that close style, so he'd probably rather be bald or at least not care.
    I don't think men should give it much thought
    bald, receding, comb over, hairy, it doesn't matter, we ladies look at what's inside more often, a sensitive caring person will beat out a hairdo anyday :D
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    bald heads are lovely. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    smarchee wrote:
    nope, my dad still has a full head of hair in his 60s so I am good for life

Just want to clarify: maternal grandfather is thought to be the gene.....not father.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Negative.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I have no sign of going bald whatsoever and it's unlikely I ever will. My grandfather recently passed away at 92 with a full head of hair. My other grandfather was in his 70's when he died and it was the same story. My father is in his middle sixties and he still has all of his hair.

Now going grey....that's a different story.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I have recently been panicking over a receding hairline. The girlfriend says it's all in my head, but I can literally feel the draft on my soon to become five-head. :(

I'm 22. Damnit.

If do end up balding I will just go bold and shave it. No comb over, no bald on the top and hair on the sides and sure as hell no skullet.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    No chance. My Grandfather died at 80 with a full head of hair as did my father at 70.

Had my haircut last month and the hairdresser found my sunglasses. RESULT!!!!
    edited September 2010
    know1 wrote:
    Now going grey....that's a different story.

I'll definitely go grey, but have no problem with it. I actually think I could pull off grey hair.

As you can see, this is why I have a trouble accepting hair loss; I'm vain. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I have thick, dark locks of mane like hair cascading nearly the length of my body. No, wait… my mistake; that’s just my scalp collection.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    the-baldy-man.jpg
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    nope... not going bald and doubt i will.

just turned 36 and my wife thinks she can spot the odd grey hair now and then.

i don't fancy going bald though... i'm not sure it'd suit me.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I present to you one of the greatest comb-overs ever . . .

mbpurd09-10-058.jpg

Long live Gene Keady! And FUCK the Illini!!!
    Jason P wrote:
    I present to you one of the greatest comb-overs ever . . .

mbpurd09-10-058.jpg

Long live Gene Keady! And FUCK the Illini!!!

That is some bold shit right there. Dude, I think you could grease Mickey D's grill with that thing.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,521
    81 wrote:
    been slowly losing it since my early twenties.
    i've recently started to just get it buzzed. but i keep going to the barber because i think i will f it up. i have to stop this though because now i'm going more often (it looks worse when its like 2 weeks grown in). :shock:

i just go with a number 2. it looks good. glad i made the move. might even go down to a 1 in the near future.

so do you buzz the entire head with the 2? I've been thinking of going this route, but wasn't quite sure how to do it. :lol:

i still go to the barber. this is part of the reason why i haven't started doing it myself. you have to taper it up in the back and along the sides. even if the hair is so short, i know i will screw it up. should just have the fiance do it like chad suggested...
    www.myspace.com
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    2d8422d0595efeac

just shave it all off, funny shaped head or not. Bald is hotter than a bad combover...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i still go to the barber. this is part of the reason why i haven't started doing it myself. you have to taper it up in the back and along the sides. even if the hair is so short, i know i will screw it up. should just have the fiance do it like chad suggested...
    barbers are a nice relaxing time, i like getting my hair cut.
    i can almost fall asleep.
    it's very nice.

razor your head, you wont leave any.
    shaving cream your skull, mach 3 razor your head.
    have your woman do it for ya like chad suggested.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    nuffingman wrote:
    No chance. My Grandfather died at 80 with a full head of hair as did my father at 70.

:lol:

Apparently baldness is a sign of virility, so don't worry about it.

Anyway - you can always wear a hat.
  • I never realized how many here shave their head!
    My wife cuts my hair actually, she does not do it professionally but is quit good.
    If you saw a pic you would not think I jhad any problem. But i know its starting.... :?
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Claireack wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:

:lol:

Apparently baldness is a sign of virility, so don't worry about it.

Anyway - you can always wear a hat.

I would believe that ;)

One of my new profs today has a shaved head and first I was oohing and ahhing in my head...then he mentioned his wife :evil: :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

One of my new profs today has a shaved head and first I was oohing and ahhing in my head...then he mentioned his wife :evil: :lol:

hot for teacher huh? ;):lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 4and20 wrote:

hot for teacher huh? ;):lol:

Yep ;) LOL I guess I can admire from afar until I find another :D
  • Nah not going bald i'm fifty :P Wash your head with piss they say that works :lol::lol: ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • at an alarming rate... and I'm only 22... just receding in the front so far... but shit

anyone have any cures?? something to slow the process? cold showers? eat more oats? :o
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    at an alarming rate... and I'm only 22... just receding in the front so far... but shit

anyone have any cures?? something to slow the process? cold showers? eat more oats? :o

I'm right there with you. 22 and I am convinced my hairline is receding even though many have challenged it. Fuck it dude, lets shave our heads and go get shit-faced.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Jason P wrote:
    And FUCK the Illini!!!
    fuck us?! FUCK YOU! :P

• It's a bit back from the prime of my life but hanging in there... I hope :?

They grey's are almost at a majority but aparantly it makes the Mrs. hot... So Keep a comin :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,805
    dcfaithful wrote:
    at an alarming rate... and I'm only 22... just receding in the front so far... but shit

I'm right there with you. 22 and I am convinced my hairline is receding even though many have challenged it. Fuck it dude, lets shave our heads and go get shit-faced.
    you have that backwards dc, get shitfaced then shave your heads. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    im down :D

shaving wouldnt be such a bad option if i was able to tan... damn irish genes... now im gonna look like moby / billy corgan :?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,521
    Nah not going bald i'm fifty :P Wash your head with piss they say that works :lol::lol: ..

i would never have guessed you are fifty years old.
    www.myspace.com
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I shaved the dome at the start of the summer... (didn't want to do it in season as the tan face and white scalp look is goofy) I had been considering it for a few years.

It was receeding and had gone pretty much gray so now the ladies at the office say it makes me look 10 years younger because the gray is gone now, save for some in the goatee. I'm also told since my head is nice and round it's a good look, I think I'm going to keep it this way. My 78 y/o Italian barber was pissed at me as he lost another customer. He says half his clients have passed away and he does not want to retire for another two years. He's old school and would do the back of your neck with a straight razor. That was cool...

Advantages: No more hat head, or bed head... No more carrying combs that wear a hole in your back pockets... I can drive with the window down and not worry about having to comb it as soon as I get out...

I think the money thing is a wash, no more shampoo/conditioner or hair cuts, but those f'in Fusion blades are damn expensive...

One last comment about it, you know how some amputees says they have "ghost" feelings of the lost limb? Well I have constantly had the feeling my hair is a mess and go to fix it with my hand even though it's not there any more...

If your considering it, be a Nike fan, Just Do It...
    Post edited by sk8nshoot1 on
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II