Be Honest Guys....Are you Going Bald?

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
Are you going bald?
I am 35 and by looking at me you would not see it but my hair is receeding in the front and its scaring the SHIT OUTTA ME! Its slowly going further back.
I once bought some hair solution bullshit but its for balding on the crown of your head.
I am scared I will be bald in a few years because I have an ugly head. Some have a nice shape, mine is funky looking. :( :oops: :cry:
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Too bad if you have a funky shaped head. Maybe it isn't so funky?!! Anything beats a comb over :shock:

Guys with shaved heads are sexy :D
  • Too bad if you have a funky shaped head. Maybe it isn't so funky?!! Anything beats a comb over :shock:

I agree that shaved heads are sexy

Nothing wrong with balding in my opinion... just go with it, and no comb overs allowed :);)

My wife says I am nuts and that my head is fine but I'm not so sure.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Nope!!!, Thank You Grand Pa!!!

Your wife is probably right (women usually are ;) ) that and she is probably terrified you may try and go with the comb over :lol: At my old office this guy was totally bald on the top but he was sort of growing it out and one of the girls said it was like cul de sac :shock: :lol:

I agree that shaved heads are sexy

Nothing wrong with balding in my opinion... just go with it, and no comb overs allowed :);)

So sexy! I love feeling the stubble.
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    I was going to be bald anyway but being in the USMC sped it up. I'm 35 and I've been buzzing now shaving my head for years. Had I known how great it would be I would have been doing it since junior high.
  • just buy a set of clippers and be done with it. i started losing my hair 10 years ago so i just buzzed it. went from halfway down my back to 1/8 of an inch, and never looked back.(i didn't want to be the bald guy with the long pony tail!) it's so easy to care for...and so cheap to maintain, no more shampoo (just use the bar soap) no more conditioner, no more paying for haircuts. and you look like you do it on purpose as opposed to looking like you're going bald. it's a no-brainer
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I don't believe so. My hair seems like Ed's when he was my age, and I'm 34. But I've had long hair (in a ponytail) for the last 20 years so I'm completely unsure of how my 34 year old hairline will compare with my 14 year old hairline. :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • shit, i was loosing my hair at 18. and i must admit i was devistated. but then i shaved my head and i would never go back. now if the rest of the hair on my body would fall out, things would be great!
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Started losing my hair in my early 20's and just said fuck it. Shaved it bald and figured that since it wouldn't grow back I would just keep it that way. I'm almost 30 now and I shave my head once a week or so. I like it and at least I don't have to go to the barber for $12 a whack anymore.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Trust me you are wasting your time worrying over this... Eddie's losing it but he still rocks.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

youngster wrote:
    Started losing my hair in my early 20's and just said fuck it. Shaved it bald and figured that since it wouldn't grow back I would just keep it that way. I'm almost 30 now and I shave my head once a week or so. I like it and at least I don't have to go to the barber for $12 a whack anymore.

i'm not losing mine, but still use the clippers at a #4 every month, it's just comfortable and saves you a lot of money.
  • This thread is useless without pics :lol:

Show us your beautiful bald heads :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    It keeps going back and turning gray. Goatee has white in it. I've got a block head so i leave the hair on. Shaved it once in a longtime ago. It was a bad siht
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i wore a goatie for years, started going white, now i have wolverine chops!!!, so much cooler, lot's of comments from chicks :D ... F that Just for Men crap, i'm not dying nothing! EVER!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Too bad if you have a funky shaped head. Maybe it isn't so funky?!! Anything beats a comb over :shock:

is your head fulla scars and stuff?
    i have a few nice scars on my head.
    chains and skulls don't go good together.
    i've shaved my head before.
    i liked it a lot.
    ice fishing is cold with no hair.

good luck.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I'm 29 and I've got a full head of hair.
    Comparing pics to say...high school and it pretty much looks the same.

I do worry about losing it though....
    i wore a goatie for years, started going white, now i have wolverine chops!!!, so much cooler, lot's of comments from chicks :D ... F that Just for Men crap, i'm not dying nothing! EVER!
    the wolverine chops look.
    you rock mr. grizzly adams.

i too have gray whiskers in my beard.
    i don't mind.
    i'm looking forward to whatever happens to me.
    hair is the least of my worries.

however, i am enjoying my mop of shit and piss i have growing on my head and face.
    wait... the other day i shaved... first time in about 3 months

carry on..

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I won't go bald, but my hair will be constantly receding until I die.

David Hyde Pierce style.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Yup
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,521
    been slowly losing it since my early twenties.
    i've recently started to just get it buzzed. but i keep going to the barber because i think i will f it up. i have to stop this though because now i'm going more often (it looks worse when its like 2 weeks grown in). :shock:

i just go with a number 2. it looks good. glad i made the move. might even go down to a 1 in the near future.
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,805
    edited September 2010
    why yes. Yes I am.Hairlines been going back slowly for a couple decades now.Real thin on top and a nice little spot in the back too. Dad was a combover. Not gonna happen with this head. Just dont stand behind me when the suns out and you're good!!! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    i've recently started to just get it buzzed. but i keep going to the barber because i think i will f it up. i have to stop this though because now i'm going more often (it looks worse when its like 2 weeks grown in). :shock:

i just go with a number 2. it looks good. glad i made the move. might even go down to a 1 in the near future.
    nice cut/shave number.
    i done that for away.
    good stuff.
    save a fortune on hair products.
    not much to condition after shampooing your head or not, soap is good.

can your girl friend trim you up nicely, yes/no?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    maj4e wrote:
    I was going to be bald anyway but being in the USMC sped it up. I'm 35 and I've been buzzing now shaving my head for years. Had I known how great it would be I would have been doing it since junior high.

totally agree - been shaving my head for about 10 years now. so wish i had done it even sooner. i hated my hair back in the day and totally love having it shaved. so easy to deal with.
  • not yet....My hairline has receded some since high school, but it seems to have quit receding. My biggest worry is going gray early. My dad went gray in his early 30's and I'm already seeing some gray at 27. I do buzz it with a number 1 (because I have an unmanageable afro when it grows out), so I'm not too concerned with baldness or gray because that can be easily remedied.
  • my thick italian hair grows like wildfire
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

so do you buzz the entire head with the 2? I've been thinking of going this route, but wasn't quite sure how to do it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    nope, my dad still has a full head of hair in his 60s so I am good for life
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • yes... very slowly though... I'm 36 and my dad was really going bald by this age in his life, so I guess I'm doing better than him.

Maybe it was the fact that he had 2 teenagers by then, and I only have a toddler lol...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln