Options

Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    The Fixer wrote:
    [

agree. it's not fun betting. if that 3 went in at end I would have lost my bigger bet. got lucky, but it always comes down to some random shit.

I love lebron. I admit it. I would like the bulls if not for robinson's napoleon syndrome or boozer squeezing himself into a jersey that's two sizes too small.

thibedeau (sp???) and noah are awesome.

what do you think about the rose crap?? tough one, but I'm not gonna pretend to know anything about it...other than he was medically cleared a while back

LeBron is great to watch, but all the flopping bullshit is what I can't take.

Thibs is a great coach. How he finished 8th in coach of the year voting is a mystery. What he was able to do this year with what he had to work with was amazing. And Noah has become my favorite player on the Bulls. I absolutely hated that draft pick when they took him, but he has really grown on me. The guy plays his ass off and plays hurt most of the time too.

The Rose thing is such a joke. Personally, I think he's being a giant pussy. He was medically cleared over 2 months ago to play. He says he's not "mentally ready" and doesn't trust his body yet. He's never going to get that confidence back until he starts playing in games. Plus you've got guys on this team that have been playing hurt all year. His teammates say publicly that they support him, but I think that's a load of shit.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    heat laying 7 tonight. I smell a blowout.

heat just need to make ginobili beat them. no way he duplicates the crap he pulled in game 5

fixer has been hot with the nba/nhl playoffs...and even some mlb. go heat
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    heat laying 7 tonight. I smell a blowout.

heat just need to make ginobili beat them. no way he duplicates the crap he pulled in game 5

fixer has been hot with the nba/nhl playoffs...and even some mlb. go heat

first time on here in a while. astute summary above :thumbup:

less than two weeks til cfb opening night (towson at uconn). CANNOT WAIT to have cfb back in my life
  • Options
    27.5 hours and counting :thumbup:

anyone like anything this weekend?

I like fresno a lot tomorrow night. Prob my favorite game of weekend. Also like ball st, towson, No Illinois, Wash St, Syracuse, Nebraska/Wyoming over, georgia/clemson over, Washington, Ohio/Louisville Over, FSU, UNC
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    27.5 hours and counting :thumbup:

anyone like anything this weekend?

I like fresno a lot tomorrow night. Prob my favorite game of weekend. Also like ball st, towson, No Illinois, Wash St, Syracuse, Nebraska/Wyoming over, georgia/clemson over, Washington, Ohio/Louisville Over, FSU, UNC

I kinda like NC getting 11 tonight. Everyone seems to be in love with South Carolina so that line may be a bit inflated. I don't know...I don't know much about college FB.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    Vegas next weekend. I gotta start thinking about this.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Oh man are you lucky. Bachelor party and it's an NFL/college FB weekend in Vegas?!?!? That's fucking heaven. Enjoy.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Oh man are you lucky. Bachelor party and it's an NFL/college FB weekend in Vegas?!?!? That's fucking heaven. Enjoy.

only bad thing about vegas is the games start so damn early. for this reason alone I don't think I would enjoy living on the west coast

fresno needs to get their shit together. towson and ball st hooked it up tonight. I didn't get unc bet in on time because my daughter shit all over the carpet in her room and I was busy cleaning up poop. My life couldn't be more different now than it was 5 years ago before I got married.

so glad cfb is back. 2nd only to mlb
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,614
    I was below .500

Had SC and the Under. Had Ole Miss

However, had UNLV, Fresno St, USC, and parlayed all my picks
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

only bad thing about vegas is the games start so damn early. for this reason alone I don't think I would enjoy living on the west coast

fresno needs to get their shit together. towson and ball st hooked it up tonight. I didn't get unc bet in on time because my daughter shit all over the carpet in her room and I was busy cleaning up poop. My life couldn't be more different now than it was 5 years ago before I got married.

so glad cfb is back. 2nd only to mlb

Yeah, games starting at 10am on Sunday mornings wouldn't mix well with my Saturday night drinking. Although I'm sure I could handle one weekend of it while sitting in a sports book in Vegas.

Be happy you didn't get that NC bet in. They were going in for the back door cover...first and goal at the 2 I think it was and they didn't score. Fucking brutal. Cleaning up poop huh? I can't even imagine....the wife is starting to talk about babies more and more lately.... :fp:
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,281
    ....the wife is starting to talk about babies more and more lately.... :fp:
    Time to learn to start faking orgasms. :mrgreen:

Its not so bad, diapers only last a few years. Lack of sleep is usually only a few months.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I like so far:
    Buffalo +34
    Buffalo/Ohio St O 55.5
    Central Michigan +31.5
    Georgia -3
    Boise St +4
    Iowa -2.5
    A&M/Rice U68
  • Options
    sweet. Just checked and Phil Steele has Iowa and Central Michigan as two of his his "Best Bets" of the day
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    sweet. Just checked and Phil Steele has Iowa and Central Michigan as two of his his "Best Bets" of the day
    More like Fail Steele.
  • Options
    yeah, those were bad ones. Iowa really fucked themselves away.

I hit on Marshall, Arkansas, and hopefully LSU and the Cal/NW under
  • Options
    Went 2 for 2 last night with Clemson and Northwestern. Can't wait for week 1 of NFL.
  • Options
    Still trying to figure out why the Ravens are getting 8 points on Thursday night. Seems way too high....
  • Options
    I made up for a lackluster weekend a bit with Florida State -10.5 and O48.

I really, like Michigan this weekend.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Still trying to figure out why the Ravens are getting 8 points on Thursday night. Seems way too high....

The "experts" I've heard on tv and radio seem to think the Ravens are going to fall off the cliff this year, SB hangover, etc. Also sounds like everyone thinks the Chiefs are the sleeper team this season. I think they just have to make up something to talk about in between Rex Ryan press conferences :lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Well, that wasn't good. Tough to win (or cover) when you lose one of your top WRs and right tackle. And when your defense gives up 7 passing TDs.

I like Cleveland, GB, and the Rams for Sunday so far...
  • Options
    Did well with college games on Saturday, then lost most of it yesterday. Awful.

I like the over at 52 in Skins-Eagles tonight.
  • Options
    Roll Tide! Fuck Johnny football.
  • Options
    Niners gonna go into Seattle tomorrow night and punch them in the mouth. Get ready for it.
  • Options
    Roll Tide! Fuck Johnny football.

Luckily I had Alabama at -1.5 as part of a teaser. A&M with the late TD for the back door cover....gotta love gambling.
  • Options
    Like the Chiefs getting 3.5 tonight.
  • Options
    One of the worst gambling losses of all time last night in the Northwestern-Ohio State game. NU had the cover in the bag and then Ohio State scores a TD on the last play of the game after northwestern tried the hook and ladder and the ball ended up in the end zone. Fucking brutal.
  • Options
    One of the worst gambling losses of all time last night in the Northwestern-Ohio State game. NU had the cover in the bag and then Ohio State scores a TD on the last play of the game after northwestern tried the hook and ladder and the ball ended up in the end zone. Fucking brutal.
    Yep.
    BRUTAL!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Awesome weekend. Huge days Saturday and Sunday. South Carolina and Fresno State both with miracle wins Saturday night. If the Cowboys would have one straight up yesterday, would have hit a huge ML parlay. Still a positive day overall. This will be one of those weeks I'm looking forward to seeing my bookie.
  • Options
    Fresno over 72 was a quality pick. Load up on the ducks...they win by 40+
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Fresno over 72 was a quality pick. Load up on the ducks...they win by 40+
    This is rivalry weekend and the dogs seem to bark when they have no right to every year on this weekend. No exception thus far this year with Miss ST winning outright last night and Arkansas, Wash St, Ore St and USF all covering easily and nearly springing upsets.