Options

Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm all over fresno tonight. like them a lot. david carr's little bro is a damn good college qb and robbie rouse will be playing on sundays

I'm never listening to you again! Just kidding dude....but wow did Fresno take a shit all over that field last night. Out-coached, out-played, everything. That DE on SMU was a beast.

yeah, sorry man. I was doing family stuff and didn't get to see one minute of the game. Forgot it was on actually. Checked the score at half on my phone and couldn't believe it.

Was able to win some back on the shitty nba games yesterday. Lost on OKC and LAL over...had more on the later games...won on houston and the LAC over

Small play on the Hilltoppers -5 tonight. Looking forward to all the bowl games over the next three days.
  • Options
    have sj st -7 right now small bet
    taking duke big
    either ucla ML or over in the late game
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    The Fixer wrote:
    taking duke big

for the record, the fixer has cost me so much money on college football this year... :lol:
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    taking duke big

for the record, the fixer has cost me so much money on college football this year... :lol:

on bowl games or during the reg season?

I had a pretty good year. Much better than 2011, which was my worst year in a long time.

5-3 on bowls this year with some wins on big bets Utah St & ULL. Did lose Fresno and Ball st, which I had decent sized plays on.

I like duke a lot, but I'm concerned that the line has taken off. Was 7 for the last few weeks...all the sudden it's up to 9.5
  • Options
    6-3 on bowls. let's go duke (+10), medium bet
  • Options
    duke plus ten was one of the worst losses I have ever had. 1:30 left, tie game...duke with the ball inside the cincy 10. fumble, 85 yard TD, pick six, and duke loses by 14. That fucking hurt.

Have over 81 in the late game. I don't even care...feel like I just got kicked in the nuts
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,378
    That Duke ending was disheartening...they should have won outright and end up not even covering as a 10 point dog.

Almost as bad as when I lost on NC St +7.5 this year against UNC...NC St starts the 4th quarter up 10, but its a tie game less than a minute left, NC St punts, UNC dude returns it for a 74 yard TD with 13 seconds left, then they botch the snap on the PAT and the holder tosses it to a tight end for a 2 pt conversion and an 8 point win. Almost quit betting altogether after that game.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    That Duke ending was disheartening...they should have won outright and end up not even covering as a 10 point dog.

Almost as bad as when I lost on NC St +7.5 this year against UNC...NC St starts the 4th quarter up 10, but its a tie game less than a minute left, NC St punts, UNC dude returns it for a 74 yard TD with 13 seconds left, then they botch the snap on the PAT and the holder tosses it to a tight end for a 2 pt conversion and an 8 point win. Almost quit betting altogether after that game.

ouch.

you know it's a brutal loss when you contemplate quitting...even though you know you never will, haha.

Had SF -16 today...huge bet. 4th and 23 with 3 mins left and brian hoyer tosses a 40 yard hail mary TD. right in my butt. I swear I have had more bad beats this year than any single season I can remember. I am up a little bit for the year, but if not for some awful losses I would be up a ton. Duke, SD on the 4th and 29 play, today SF, had GB ML on the Seattle hail mary game, etc. Disappointed and glad that today was the last full slate for the year.

Down pretty big into tonight. I'm laying a bomb on the dallas moneyline.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    I got killed on Sunday for the NFL. GB, Saints, Seattle did not treat me well.

Doing great so far today on all these bowl games. Won on Northwestern, Stanford, and Georgia. Had a miracle push with South Carolina at -5 when they hit that TD late. Would have been nice if they hit the 2 point conversion for the win, but the push was nice. Have NIU +14 tonight....hoping they can keep it close.
  • Options
    Had GB huge yesterday. Once I heard Joe Webb was starting, I tripled my original bet. Lost a little on the Bengals earlier in the day...Marvin Lewis is a fucking moron. I don't know how that guy still has a job.

Took Colts +7 and Seahawks -3 today.
  • Options
    Where the hell is The Fixer at? I'm talking to myself in this thread.

Took GB at +3 and Seattle at +3 as well. Happy I got Seahawks there before it moved down to 2.5. Not sure how I feel about the other games yet. I like the over in Pats-Texans.
  • Options
    I kind of like the under in Balt/Den. Supposed to be pretty cold, and I think The Ray vens game plan has to be ball control to try and keep Frankenstein on the sidelines. (Of course if Rice-a Roni fumbles like last week, that strategy will fail.)
  • Options
    Well so much for that 5 minutes into the game.
  • Options
    Where the hell is The Fixer at? I'm talking to myself in this thread.

Took GB at +3 and Seattle at +3 as well. Happy I got Seahawks there before it moved down to 2.5. Not sure how I feel about the other games yet. I like the over in Pats-Texans.

haha, I was on an involuntary vacation (if you know what I mean).

I killed it last week too. 4-0 on the nfl games (baltimore straight, SF ML, ATL ML, NE/Hous over)... (7-1 if you include all of my half/qtr plays). My biggest bet was the ATL moneyline. that 4th qtr almost put me into cardiac arrest.

Disappointing to see the SF line taking off. I should have jumped on the 3.5 on sunday night. now it's up to 4.5. I will still end up taking SF. Hope the line moves back to 4 or up to 5. not much of a difference in 4 or 5 and it would save me the money I'm going to spend buying the half point.

Leaning with baltimore in the late game...also considering the over.
  • Options
    pats line dropping, 9ers line rising. should have put my bets in earlier. I'm an idiot.

what's everyone else like in these games?
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    The Fixer wrote:
    pats line dropping, 9ers line rising. should have put my bets in earlier. I'm an idiot.

i had a gut feeling on atl...which means bet it all on sf
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i had a gut feeling on atl...which means bet it all on sf

Went out for beers tonight and I was saying the same thing. NO ONE is on atlanta. You know what that means

I love SF. Prob thinking about it to much. Have a tendency to do that with big games that get overhyped and overanalyzed.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Went out for beers tonight and I was saying the same thing. NO ONE is on atlanta. You know what that means

I love SF. Prob thinking about it to much. Have a tendency to do that with big games that get overhyped and overanalyzed.

Had the same conversation with by buddy over some beers last night. I hate betting Atlanta, but that might be the play. I dont know what the fuck to do with that game. I do know that I love Baltimore. Like you said earlier, that line is dropping. Should have taken them on Monday at 9. I still love them at 8.5. These games are always close with these 2 teams. Also took the over in the game earlier this week at 51....that has been going up as well.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Love balt..like niners and over..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    On Colin Cowherd's show, a guy from Vegas revealed that 2/3 of the money in the AFC game is bet on NE. Wouldn't they adjust the line if that were the case?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    On Colin Cowherd's show, a guy from Vegas revealed that 2/3 of the money in the AFC game is bet on NE. Wouldn't they adjust the line if that were the case?

It has gone down. It opened at 9 and now it is at 7.5. I'm guessing it will go down to 7 by kickoff.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    Had an eight-game winning streak on streak for the cash and got greedy and saw the streak end when Andy Murray didn't win in nine games or less.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

It has gone down. It opened at 9 and now it is at 7.5. I'm guessing it will go down to 7 by kickoff.

Made some small plays yesterday, which gives me more money to play with today
    Wins...cuse/lou over (was largest bet of day), prov ML (I love betting against nova...I hate them), arizona
    Losses...philly flyers and mizzou (they got destroyed)

Good call on NE, now down to 7.

Sick of thinking about the games too much. I'm just going with the two teams that I think are best in their respective games.

SF Straight (bought it half point) -4 (large bet)
    SF ML -225 (medium bet)
    Teased SF to +2, NE to -.5 (bought a half point in each game) (medium bet)

My current pats line is -7 @ -135. I hate when my bookie does that shit. I don't want to lay 135 for every 100 I bet. Bullshit. Gonna wait to see what happens in first game before I submit my play for that one.

3 games left in the season. Good luck today

(I also played the flyers small at even money...and I like the NYR tonight at -120)
  • Options
    will gladly take the push. perfect example of why you should always buy the hook my friends. protects you against turds like david akers.

That douglas catch call was ridiculous. god, the nfl sucks. what good is replay if they can't get calls right? Oh, that's right...to add even more commercials to these terrible broadcasts.

Still won my ML bet and the first half of my teaser.

Fuck it, I'm going big on brady. Go pats
  • Options
    It was a great championship Sunday. I ended up getting Atlanta at +4.5. It's always nice to come out on the right end of the hook. Had the over in that game too. Had Baltimore with the points and on the ML at +290. Had a small play on the over in the late game which was my only loss of the day. A very profitable day.

Love the Ravens at +4 in the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    ice picks play of the day...min wild soccer line
  • Options
    It was a great championship Sunday. I ended up getting Atlanta at +4.5. It's always nice to come out on the right end of the hook. Had the over in that game too. Had Baltimore with the points and on the ML at +290. Had a small play on the over in the late game which was my only loss of the day. A very profitable day.

Love the Ravens at +4 in the Super Bowl.

nice dude. I didn't make out so well after the pats abortion.

Hoping the line gets down to 3. I think SF is going to win. If I can get them around -150 on the ML I will be making a large wager. I think Jim is the better coach and has the more talented team. Give him two weeks to prepare and I don't think he loses. should be a good game
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Hoping the line gets down to 3. I think SF is going to win. If I can get them around -150 on the ML I will be making a large wager. I think Jim is the better coach and has the more talented team. Give him two weeks to prepare and I don't think he loses. should be a good game

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes down to 3. I still like Baltimore at 3. I should probably just take it now at 3.5. Maybe buy the 1/2 point and make it 4. I think it will be a really close game. SF may be the more talented team, but their D hasn't played very well the past 2 weeks giving up 31 to GB and 24 to Atlanta.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes down to 3. I still like Baltimore at 3. I should probably just take it now at 3.5. Maybe buy the 1/2 point and make it 4. I think it will be a really close game. SF may be the more talented team, but their D hasn't played very well the past 2 weeks giving up 31 to GB and 24 to Atlanta.

true about the defense, but I don't think the ravens have the weapons in the pass game that GB and ATL do. I like the matchup for SF on both sides of the ball. only think I worry about is akers...he is horrendous

I also have zero faith in jim caldwell calling plays. I know he has looked competent in playoffs, but I don't see how that continues.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    true about the defense, but I don't think the ravens have the weapons in the pass game that GB and ATL do. I like the matchup for SF on both sides of the ball. only think I worry about is akers...he is horrendous

I also have zero faith in jim caldwell calling plays. I know he has looked competent in playoffs, but I don't see how that continues.

Yeah, definitely not as good WRs w/ Balt as GB and ATL had. But Boldin has been a beast and Torrey Smith is a huge deep threat. The Ravens kinda have the feel of the Giants w/ the 2 super bowls that they have won recently. Kinda squeaking into the playoffs, winning on the road and upsetting teams.