Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Also, I am all over UW tonight. I think they can win the game outright.

Had a decent night. Sept has been good to me :D

INTERNET / -1 Ticket #:
    Sep 27 08:30 PM

NFL
    STRAIGHT BET
    [101] BROWNS (CLE) +12-110
    275 /
    250 250 WIN
    WIN
    09/27/2012 07:57 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Ticket #:
    Sep 27 09:02 PM

CFB
    STRAIGHT BET
    [104] WASHINGTON +7-110
    770 /
    700 700 WIN
    WIN
    09/27/2012 07:58 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Ticket #:
    Sep 27 09:02 PM

CFB
    STRAIGHT BET
    [104] WASHINGTON +7-110
    330 /
    300 300 WIN
    WIN
    09/27/2012 08:00 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Ticket #:
    Sep 27 10:50 PM

CFB
    STRAIGHT BET
    [2104] 2H WASHINGTON +4-110
    330 /
    300 300 WIN
    WIN

That's a wonderful night you had. I shoulda listened to you on Washington....I really don't pay much attention to college football so don't bet on it much. Had a small play on Cleveland with the points last night which was nice.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    games today look tough. here are my big plays...subject to change once I start drinking heavily tonight (close friends engagement party...should be ugly)

west va -11
    mizzou ML
    UNC
    san jose st
    cal/ASU over
    boise/nm over
    Arizona (game of day)
    forgot BC at 330. That is my game of day...along with Arizona late night

I think BC has a good chance to win outright
    weird weekend. lost all my big college bets, so took a hit saturday. went 5-0 at 1:00 yesterday, then went 0-6 at 4:00. Had eagles on ML last night. All in all, I lost some loot this weekend.

Anyone like the game tonight? Leaning towards dallas...wish it would move off 3.5
  • The Fixer wrote:

Anyone like the game tonight? Leaning towards dallas...wish it would move off 3.5

Took the Bears at +3. Complete homer bet. Had a good day yesterday so figured I'd just throw a small play on the Bears.
    The Fixer wrote:

Took the Bears at +3. Complete homer bet. Had a good day yesterday so figured I'd just throw a small play on the Bears.

My line didn't move off of 3.5. I pay extra to buy points on key numbers (3 and 7), so it would have cost me -140 to get it down to 3.

Tried something different. took dallas -.5 in all four qtrs. more money on 2nd and 4th qtrs. we'll see how this goes
    The Fixer wrote:
    My line didn't move off of 3.5. I pay extra to buy points on key numbers (3 and 7), so it would have cost me -140 to get it down to 3.

Tried something different. took dallas -.5 in all four qtrs. more money on 2nd and 4th qtrs. we'll see how this goes

Nice throw Romo, ya turd.

This experiment is looking pretty shitty
    to say my experiment was a disaster would be an understatement.

I suck on mnf. did have some fun losing my bets though since dallas was getting murdered. I think romo just threw another pick

chasing some money on MLB tonight. O's are my big play (TB has nothing to play for). Also took cincy, KC, and NYM
  • That is 5 unders in a row for the Thursday night NFL games. Naturally, I had the over last night. Stupid play.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    That is 5 unders in a row for the Thursday night NFL games.
    Something to pay attention to going forward. Sometimes you just have these trends like that for a whole season. A couple years ago the Sunday night game was over almost every week. Once in a while you need to ignore logic and ride an improbable trend.

(I say this now and watch me bet next Thursday night's game to go under and it ends up 56-49)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Had St Louis last night. Also had USC though so it evened out. The story of this season. Fine by me.

Any thoughts on the big game tonight?

I wont do baseball either. That kills me.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    Had St Louis last night. Also had USC though so it evened out. The story of this season. Fine by me.

Any thoughts on the big game tonight?

I wont do baseball either. That kills me.

I should have taken STL and the under like I wanted. I let my buddy that I bet with talk me into the over. Stupid.

If you're not talking baseball, what big game tonight are you talking about?
    Football.

Utah State and BYU. Im excited for that game.

Also an earlier undercard of Pitt @ Syracuse
  • Poncier wrote:

(I say this now and watch me bet next Thursday night's game to go under and it ends up 56-49)

:lol::lol: That's usually how it goes, right? Gotta love gambling!
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Football.

Utah State and BYU. Im excited for that game.

Also an earlier undercard of Pitt @ Syracuse
    I was impressd with Utah State when they were on TV against Utah a few weeks back, so taking 7 (hopefully 7.5 by tonight) looks good to me. Their only loss is by 2 points at Wisconsin. Also smells like an under game a little bit.

No clue on Syracuse/Pitt...seemed like Pitt was the worst team in the land after 2 weeks, but they've righted the ship since then, so I can't get a read on this game.

Kind of like the Orioles in baseball...good price...Rangers are in free fall.
    killed it again on saturday, then did real well at 1:00 yesterday, and thennn cam newton (moneyline...that 4th and goal call -- and throw -- were absolutely horrendous), the pats/broncos under 51 (lost by a point), chargers plus 4...really ended the week on a shitty note.

won some money for the week, but after the 1:00 games yesterday I was up 2500. gave a lot of that back over the next 7 hours. annoying.

not sure how you can put money on the jets tonight. scares me when every single person likes one team (which is why I had SD last night)
  • The Fixer wrote:
    killed it again on saturday, then did real well at 1:00 yesterday, and thennn cam newton (moneyline...that 4th and goal call -- and throw -- were absolutely horrendous), the pats/broncos under 51 (lost by a point), chargers plus 4...really ended the week on a shitty note.

won some money for the week, but after the 1:00 games yesterday I was up 2500. gave a lot of that back over the next 7 hours. annoying.

not sure how you can put money on the jets tonight. scares me when every single person likes one team (which is why I had SD last night)

Newton killed me too. God does he fucking suck. Would have hit a nice moneyline parlay. What the hell was that last throw? That wasn't even close. Just about broke even for the weekend.
    The Fixer wrote:

Newton killed me too. God does he fucking suck. Would have hit a nice moneyline parlay. What the hell was that last throw? That wasn't even close. Just about broke even for the weekend.

his specialty is hammering short yardage. play call was just as bad as the throw. brutal loss
    Had Utah St and Pitt on Friday

Did well on early NCAA games, 2 for 2 on the 3:00-4:00 games, bombed on the 7:00.
    Didnt do too well yesterday, but evened it out on New Orleans and O52.5

all said and done... even
    Solid start yesterday, Over in A's/Tigers, Eagles and a tease with Giants,Over GB/Indy and Under Wash/Atlanta.

Then came 4:00 and like the rest of us Cam friggin Newton. Damn that dude killed me.
    i tend to stay away from Carolina games.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    i tend to stay away from Carolina games.

bears are the team I can never get right. I bet on them and cutler throws 20 picks. I bet against them and he is john elway. yes, I had the jags yesterday

at least when I take carolina I expect newton to suck. just figured they needed a win and he would outplay russ wilson. Wrong
    anyone else have the incredible backdoor cover by Clemson?
    MayDay10 wrote:
    anyone else have the incredible backdoor cover by Clemson?

Didn't touch that game. I killed it on saturday though. The wife had girls night at our house, which gave me a free pass to head to a friends house and watch football, smoke stuff, and drink all day. It was glorious. I got pretty smashed. Made an enormous drunken bet on oregon late night. Fucking awesome.

betting on cfb is so much easier than the nfl. I love saturdays in the fall
    Poncier wrote:

:lol::lol: That's usually how it goes, right? Gotta love gambling!
    Well decided to test the theory and locked in under 44 for the Steelers/Titans tonight.
  • Poncier wrote:
    Well decided to test the theory and locked in under 44 for the Steelers/Titans tonight.

Good luck. I'm not touching the game tonight. The Titans have given up at least 30 points in every game this season. The only thing I have to decide is if I want to start Chris Johnson in fantasy or not.
    had a great night last night. had tenn plus seven, baltimore, and the over in the ASU/Col game (huge bet on that one). Lost on STL and Oakland, but won a lot of loot yesterday.

I will post my big plays for tomorrow...
    I had the over too
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    hit my $20 parley which paid 20:1 :D

ten
    det
    tb
    oak
    dal
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    den or sd?

the line started -3 and the public moved it to -1 ...hmmmm