Options

Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    lastexit78 wrote:
    I assumed most everybody who posted in this thread was doing the online thing. Maybe I was wrong? I used to get to Reno and Vegas a few times each year, the online thing allows me to save money on those trips and place bets any day of the year.

Not sure what others do. My bookie is online. Best of both worlds

Really hoping the line tonight gets up to 3. I think LSU wins again. I'm checking out the props now. Will post my plays shortly
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,400
    Like Fixer, I deal with the old neighborhood bookie, but now online instead of using the phone. I think its the way a lot of bookmakers have gone now.

And I'm a bit surprised Bama has suddenly emerged as a favorite tonight.

Props aren't super enticing, much more fun looking at props for an offensive type game than this one.
    One that does look good is AJ McCarron -45.5 passing yds over Jordan Jefferson...McCarron outpassed him 199 yds to 67 in the first meeting, Jefferson has thrown for over 100 yds only twice this season, against Arkansas and Western KY jelly.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Like Fixer, I deal with the old neighborhood bookie, but now online instead of using the phone. I think its the way a lot of bookmakers have gone now.

And I'm a bit surprised Bama has suddenly emerged as a favorite tonight.

Props aren't super enticing, much more fun looking at props for an offensive type game than this one.
    One that does look good is AJ McCarron -45.5 passing yds over Jordan Jefferson...McCarron outpassed him 199 yds to 67 in the first meeting, Jefferson has thrown for over 100 yds only twice this season, against Arkansas and Western KY jelly.

I like the over tonight (don't think I'm going to bet it, but I think both teams end up in the 20's). I see your point though.

richardson is +140 to score a TD in both first and secod halves. I think that almost looks too easy.
  • Options
    giants getting 9. wow, I love that.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    The Fixer wrote:
    giants getting 9. wow, I love that.

Me too...I love the G-Men next week. I have a feeling that will keep going up. I'll prob bet that big and a small play on the moneyline too.
  • Options
    Already dropped to 8.5 on my site.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Already dropped to 8.5 on my site.

The line I will be watching is NO/SF. I could see that getting up around 6. I like SF in that one...brees chicken arm usually doesn't do so well outdoors. Hopefully it will be windy in the Bay Area
  • Options
    I think the time to grab NYG is now, they are always a popular play in Vegas and I can see that line dropping from 9 to 7.5 (but not to 7), and I think the public currently loves the Saints and knows little about the current version of the 49ers, so I agree that line will rise from 3.5, though not to 6, probably to 4.5 or 5.

Be intersting to see what happens with the Satan vs Jesus line, I was kind of shocked it opened at Satan -14. But since Holy Rollers can't bet, it may not drop, and Jesus may be a good value, though I don't think I could bring myself to bet against my hometown Satan in the game.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    I think the time to grab NYG is now, they are always a popular play in Vegas and I can see that line dropping from 9 to 7.5 (but not to 7), and I think the public currently loves the Saints and knows little about the current version of the 49ers, so I agree that line will rise from 3.5, though not to 6, probably to 4.5 or 5.

Be intersting to see what happens with the Satan vs Jesus line, I was kind of shocked it opened at Satan -14. But since Holy Rollers can't bet, it may not drop, and Jesus may be a good value, though I don't think I could bring myself to bet against my hometown Satan in the game.

haha, awesome post :lol:

my guy hasn't posted the nfl lines yet :twisted: . I agree that if you can get the NYG at 8, now is the time to jump on it.

prob right about the saints line...6 is a stretch. no real difference between getting 4 or 5 either.

I have been waiting all year to bet big against what I think is a weak pats team. I don't think this is the week. unfortunately for me, the AFC is full of turds, so I might not get my chance. Maybe the super bowl I guess.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:

Grabbed the Giants at +8.
  • Options
    For shits and giggles put $20 on Jordan Jefferson to score the first TD tonight at 15-1...thought about going "No TD scored" at 30-1 after the last game they played, but doubt it'll happen again.

Lets hope LSU gets first and goal at the 1 on the opening drive and he runs it in on the option.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:

nice. this might help your bet some

OSHKOSH, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin's son is missing.

Police in Oshkosh say 21-year-old Michael T. Philbin of Ripon was last heard from around 2 a.m. Sunday. He had been visiting friends in Oshkosh that evening. He was reported missing on Sunday evening.

A police spokesman did not immediately return a message left Monday seeking additional comment.

A Brown County judge sentenced Michael Philbin to six months in jail in 2009 after he was convicted of sexually assaulting two young girls and two counts of battery.

His disappearance comes as the Packers prepare to face the New York Giants in an NFC playoff game Sunday in Green Bay.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I'm getting nuts tonight...

LSU +3 (big bet)

randle over 3 catches -125 (medium bet)
    randle over 50.5 rec yards -115 (medium bet)
    smelly over 2 catches -105 (small bet)
    maze longest catch UNDER 20.5 yards -115 (small bet)
    first score of game will not be TD +170 (small bet)
    beckham first catch OVER 8.5 yards (small bet)
    richardson will score TD in 2nd half +140 (real small bet)
    shelly will miss FG +170 (real small bet)
    jefferson will throw a TD pass in 1st half +130 (real small bet)
    ware first carry OVER 2.5 yards - even (real small bet)
    defense/ST will score a TD +180 (real small bet)
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    granger out for indiana with food poisoning. just snuck a medium bet in on philly -7
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

LSU +3 (big bet)

Gotta love the prop bets...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,543
    edited January 2012
    Poncier wrote:

good call....got g men +8.5 buying half pt

looks like pats line dropped to -13.5. i love ne in this one. 2nd time playing them. brought in josh mcdaniels to run the scout team. i think pats take this one by 17 pts or more.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    alright, it's on.

GEAUX TIGERS
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

LSU +3 (big bet)

Gotta love the prop bets...

gotta love seeing the first two bama plays go for smelly catches. and randle getting an early catch.

good start
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,662
    The Fixer wrote:

LSU +3 (big bet)

Good start with the field goal
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

LSU +3 (big bet)

Good start with the field goal

yep...2-1 so far. won on the first fg and smelly over 2 catches. lost on ware first carry over 2.5 yards

liked seeing maze limp off.

randle is big for me. he goes over 3, 51 and I could have a great night
  • Options
    might have to play bama in 2nd half. jefferson looks like a deer in headlights
  • Options
    God damn, why the hell didn't I bet the under.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    thought about going "No TD scored" at 30-1 after the last game they played, but doubt it'll happen again.

Halftime and starting to regret not playing this.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

nice. this might help your bet some

OSHKOSH, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin's son is missing.

Police in Oshkosh say 21-year-old Michael T. Philbin of Ripon was last heard from around 2 a.m. Sunday. He had been visiting friends in Oshkosh that evening. He was reported missing on Sunday evening.

A police spokesman did not immediately return a message left Monday seeking additional comment.

A Brown County judge sentenced Michael Philbin to six months in jail in 2009 after he was convicted of sexually assaulting two young girls and two counts of battery.

His disappearance comes as the Packers prepare to face the New York Giants in an NFC playoff game Sunday in Green Bay.
    Found his body in the river...

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... d%3D126135
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    thought about going "No TD scored" at 30-1 after the last game they played, but doubt it'll happen again.

yeah, you guys were all over the non-scoring stuff. I thought this game would be more wide open. I also bet LSU expecting they would have more than one first down at halftime.

I'm staying away from 2nd half line. bama -.5, 20. I still think LSU can win this game. I hope they bring jarrett lee in
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

3 quarters down and really regretting not playing this.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

3 quarters down and really regretting not playing this.

yeah, that would be looking pretty good right about now.

I know that bama's defense is sick, but LSU's play calling has been horrendous.

Oh well, this game didnt go the way I was hoping. Looks like a losing night
  • Options
    Finally a TD.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Finally a TD.

had richardson to score TD in the 2nd half at +140. helps minimize damage

now I need randle to get 40 garbage yards here