Welcome to September

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    at least I only have to tolerate it for 30 days...hurry up October, I love Halloween!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    september/october at the two best months of the year.

pumpkin ale season!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    4and20 wrote:
    at least I only have to tolerate it for 30 days...hurry up October, I love Halloween!
    me too Love Halloween here's my scary porch!
    CIMG0608.jpg
    That's my famous alien I make each year....ooooo......scary! Well scarier in the dark, all the masks glow from the hidden floorlamps under the costumes and have colored lights for different colored glowing eyes! oooooo! BOO!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    pandora wrote:

That's my famous alien I make each year....ooooo......scary! Well scarier in the dark, all the masks glow from the hidden floorlamps under the costumes and have colored lights for different colored glowing eyes! oooooo! BOO!

Pandora, that is AWESOME!
    I lived in Cali for a few months and stayed until after Halloween just so I could help my friends decorate their house, they turned it into a Haunted House, complete with all the illusions of ghosts and such. I wanted to make something to scare the kiddies, so we built a coffin, and hooked up a cloaked skeleton to pneumatics inside of it. I sat next to the coffin and held the candy bowl, under the candy bowl was the switch When a kid would come up to get candy or look in the coffin, I'd push the button and the skeleton would jump out of the coffin and freak the crap outta the kids..... :lol::lol::lol: I love Halloween!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Dexter season 5....my number one reason for excitement this September.

Oh, and good camping weather too.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:

god, that show sucks. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

god, that show sucks. :lol:

cash_finger2.jpg

:lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    4and20 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Pandora, that is AWESOME!
    I lived in Cali for a few months and stayed until after Halloween just so I could help my friends decorate their house, they turned it into a Haunted House, complete with all the illusions of ghosts and such. I wanted to make something to scare the kiddies, so we built a coffin, and hooked up a cloaked skeleton to pneumatics inside of it. I sat next to the coffin and held the candy bowl, under the candy bowl was the switch When a kid would come up to get candy or look in the coffin, I'd push the button and the skeleton would jump out of the coffin and freak the crap outta the kids..... :lol::lol::lol: I love Halloween!
    Thats a good one, sounds fun! You little devil you :mrgreen: !
    We sit on the other side of the porch as those "guys" in my pic and the kids can't tell if they are real or not, and keep looking behind them wondering if they will jump at them! It helps too as my kids come over too and wear scary masks and we have lots of fog going. I love Halloween! I love all Holidays!
  • I love September and October! Aside from the foliage being amazing here in New England, there's usually good weather to play golf, have bbqs, watch Pats games and go on weekend trips. Plus, it's not 96 degrees in the middle of the day. This autumn is going to kick ass.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    September is my fave month! It's still summer but cool enough for hiking and backpacking.
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Yeah September! We finally get summer in San Francisco! The fog is burning off and we have sunshine!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    How could you forget Hockey just around the bend....

the season tickets get picked up friday :o

yikes

alllllllllways a bragger! :rolleyes: :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Yep before you know it it will minus 10 where you live ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I love September and October! Aside from the foliage being amazing here in New England, there's usually good weather to play golf, have bbqs, watch Pats games and go on weekend trips. Plus, it's not 96 degrees in the middle of the day. This autumn is going to kick ass.
    Pats? You must mean the Giants. ;)
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I love September because for us its spring! Daffodils, lambs, the days are getting longer. Plus its my sons birthday tomorrow and mine next week!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    Wake Me Up When September Ends ;)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Wow, Sept 1st already. I'm enjoying the last few weeks of summer. September can be a beautiful month.

But, I have to say - the days are just flying by..... Enjoy everyone.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Its still summer! For almost 3 more weeks. I won't let it go without a fight. Maybe I need to move back to Texas. So yeah, I don't like fall much.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I want to hit fast forward. Thank God August is over. The weather should be nice in another 6 weeks or so.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Newch91 wrote:
    I love September and October! Aside from the foliage being amazing here in New England, there's usually good weather to play golf, have bbqs, watch Pats games and go on weekend trips. Plus, it's not 96 degrees in the middle of the day. This autumn is going to kick ass.

Big Blue Tonight!
  • Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Fall is the best! My favorite season. I look forward to the New England autumn season every year.

I'm more of an apple pie guy. Also, me and my family go apple picking in October to load up on apples for the pies. It's great when you get to eat the apples while picking.

Gotta love the pennant races and MLB playoffs. Both college and NFL seasons are great. Only 22 more days until autumn.

2 words my friend......The Rent!!! 8-)

Yes!! When is the first home game?

next saturday is the home opener...this weekend we're away in 'the big house'. huge game!
    I love to turn you on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

next saturday is the home opener...this weekend we're away in 'the big house'. huge game!

do us all a favor and beat the shit out of michigan
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    tinkerbell wrote:
    I love September because for us its spring! Daffodils, lambs, the days are getting longer. Plus its my sons birthday tomorrow and mine next week!
    Haha,mine is on saturday 8-)
    I love September,i love fall,beautiful,colorfull fall... not that one we get in Northern Ireland,no 8-) THE REAL fall :D And i'm going to see one in 3 weeks :D
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Newch91 wrote:

Big Blue Tonight!
    It's a good thing we're friends on the board, because I don't think I could take it watching baseball or football games with you two in real life.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Newch91 wrote:

Big Blue Tonight!
    It's a good thing we're friends on the board, because I don't think I could take it watching baseball or football games with you two in real life.

Haha don't worry. When with other people I'm normally good. Unless it's my friends then it's just typical for us to do that to each other's teams.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Pats? You must mean the Giants. ;)[/quote]

Big Blue Tonight![/quote]
    It's a good thing we're friends on the board, because I don't think I could take it watching baseball or football games with you two in real life.[/quote]

:D , P J and Sam Adams = Things we can agree on! Sports, not so much.

Big Blue Tonight![/quote]
    It's a good thing we're friends on the board, because I don't think I could take it watching baseball or football games with you two in real life.[/quote]

:D , P J and Sam Adams = Things we can agree on! Sports, not so much.[/quote]

If he has UConn in him I'll be happy.
    Newch91 wrote:
    2 words my friend......The Rent!!! 8-)

Yes!! When is the first home game?

Thanks! I'm hoping to make a game this season like I did last season. Let's beat Michigan!
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    love september...the beaches mellow out with less people and the water gets glassier..
    kinda sucks the beaches get mellower with less people tho
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
    I forgot to mention the best thing about autumn...GAIN A HOUR OF SLEEP!