hurricane Earl!!! please don't blow my crib away

13»

Comments

• Mr. Unlost just called _ he's being sent to Nantucket with FEMA.

Sounds like they're expecting it to be fairly serious.

I'm making my way homeward now to say adios before he departs...

good night and good luck
    have a safe weekend :wave:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • I'm gonna be like Lieutenant Dan when Hurricane Andrew hits in Forrest Gump. Legless, drunk and tethered to a mast. Wouldn't have it any other way.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • im getting soooo high for these waves tommorrow

just walked down to the beach...the sea is getting angry 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    In the past half hour we just started getting a breeze here. Got everything secured outside, just before I leave tomorrow I'll shut and lock all the windows.

I hope I don't forget about the attic windows and the skylight window up there... that would really suck.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • In the past half hour we just started getting a breeze here. Got everything secured outside, just before I leave tomorrow I'll shut and lock all the windows.

I hope I don't forget about the attic windows and the skylight window up there... that would really suck.

go do it now goofy :mrgreen:

yea its coming your way..cape cod evacuated? my bro left just in time
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    im getting soooo high for these waves tommorrow

you need a camera. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    In the past half hour we just started getting a breeze here. Got everything secured outside, just before I leave tomorrow I'll shut and lock all the windows.

They'll shut down the bridges if the wind exceeds something like 50 or 70 mph. They have some huge State Police plan to move traffic over them tomorrow.

Mr. Unlost is on the ferry to Nantucket as I write this. Lucky him!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • im getting soooo high for these waves tommorrow

you need a camera. 8-)

guess who forgot it :evil:

ill make my brother bring his

or cell phone
  • In the past half hour we just started getting a breeze here. Got everything secured outside, just before I leave tomorrow I'll shut and lock all the windows.

They'll shut down the bridges if the wind exceeds something like 50 or 70 mph. They have some huge State Police plan to move traffic over them tomorrow.

Mr. Unlost is on the ferry to Nantucket as I write this. Lucky him!

wild stuff...he will be fine good man to be involved with fema
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    im getting soooo high for these waves tommorrow

you need a camera. 8-)

guess who forgot it :evil:

ill make my brother bring his

or cell phone

ummmmmm... :think:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • here in CT where we'll be lucky to see high winds of 40mph, most of the schools have early dismissals. One College (Mitchell College) in New London is closed for the day.

I brought home the cat for those who have been following the thread
    he hates me and my animals...found a nice quite spot in my closet and hasnt moved since.
    im battered with cat scratches and my car is a freakin hairball.

we better get some trees fallin down or im gonna be pissed!!!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• here in CT where we'll be lucky to see high winds of 40mph, most of the schools have early dismissals. One College (Mitchell College) in New London is closed for the day.

he hates me and my animals...found a nice quite spot in my closet and hasnt moved since.

you put the cat in the closet???

:lol: great

nope..thats where he chose to go.......but as defense....my cat stays in the closet on a daily basis for hours on end....so, its pretty cozy ;)
    doggie goes in the crate while im at work
    and my cat sleeps in the dogs bed all day
    so it should be ok
    but my moms cat is not happy with me...and didnt want anything to do with food last night :(
    why can't cats just sniff ass like dogs and get along??

hows the flooding neilybabes??
    you swimmin thru town?

nope..thats where he chose to go.......but as defense....my cat stays in the closet on a daily basis for hours on end....so, its pretty cozy ;)
    doggie goes in the crate while im at work
    and my cat sleeps in the dogs bed all day
    so it should be ok
    but my moms cat is not happy with me...and didnt want anything to do with food last night :(
    why can't cats just sniff ass like dogs and get along??

hows the flooding neilybabes??
    you swimmin thru town?

its weird here...one side of the boardwalk is sunny the middle its raining and the other side is cloudy :roll: :lol:

the waves are up though and the rain is coming in abit...so far so good :mrgreen:
  • the rain has started 8-)

EEAAARRRRRRLLLLLLLLL!!!!! RAIN O'R MEEEE YAH!!

sorry....had to do it :lol:

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    the rain has started 8-)

EEAAARRRRRRLLLLLLLLL!!!!! RAIN O'R MEEEE YAH!!

sorry....had to do it :lol:

Nice!
  • going down now.....hopefully post later :mrgreen:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    earl.gif
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • 12 ft board breakers!!

high tide on the way

bathy how is rockaway?
  • i gotta tell ya...we better get some cool shit goin down tonight...im gonna do a rain dance for CT
    bring it on mama!!!!
    as of now, seems as if all the hype was for nothing...as usual CT is lamo

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    where is your crib?
    where is Earl?
    how's the weather?
    go.........
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    12 ft board breakers!!

high tide on the way

bathy how is rockaway?

my small little beach is getting pounded by the surf.
    Its almost gone .
    after Earl is totally gone , I hope theres something left to go lay out on tomorrow .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    12 ft board breakers!!

high tide on the way

bathy how is rockaway?

my small little beach is getting pounded by the surf.
    Its almost gone .
    after Earl is totally gone , I hope theres something left to go lay out on tomorrow .

the wather was pretty quiet here but the beach did catch a beating

yea they need to fix it up for the weekend and quickly
    going down there now to check it all out.

Its not really ideal for swimming, and its windy as hell .

There were reports of actual sandstorms on area beaches .

Of course the erosion from Earl alone
    ( not to mention the rest of the summer ) is critical .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    going down there now to check it all out.

Its not really ideal for swimming, and its windy as hell .

There were reports of actual sandstorms on area beaches .

Of course the erosion from Earl alone
    ( not to mention the rest of the summer ) is critical .

yea mega windy and the surf is still up

be careful in the water

beach erosion=bad
    went down wasnt as bad as i thought it would be

pleasant breezy intermittent winds and

supersunny clear no humidity at all conditions.

as you say caution in swimming but still beautifful nonetheless.
    platessmall.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    That was fun.