hurricane Earl!!! please don't blow my crib away

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
great end to the summer on friday...summer house with no roof :o:mrgreen:
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Overtime for me!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Rygar wrote:
    Overtime for me!

WELL DONT WORK BY ME :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    I wanted to go fishing off fire island, gonna be rough..... We'll see
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I WOULD WAIT ON THAT ONE

ITS SUPPOSED TO BE 243 MILES OFF OF US ON FRIDAY...IF IT KEEPS ITS SAME TRACK

we shall see

i have problems because in long beach the bay could meet the ocean in the middle..where iam :?
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I WOULD WAIT ON THAT ONE

we shall see

i have problems because in long beach the bay could meet the ocean in the middle..where iam :?

damn dude.... Long beach is awesome, the potential flooding not so much. The waves are gonna be huge.... Lotta surfers
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I WOULD WAIT ON THAT ONE

we shall see

damn dude.... Long beach is awesome, the potential flooding not so much. The waves are gonna be huge.... Lotta surfers

taking off friday even though its gonna rain just to go watch the waves :mrgreen:

i wish i surfed

maybe ill break out the boogie board and fins :o:mrgreen:
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    You could always relocate to the Cape...
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    You could always relocate to the Cape...

dude if someone offered me a million dollar house up there and said you cant sell it..i would pass

could never live up there...way too laid back and suburban

maybe ill come to philly :lolno: :wave:
  • anybody on the east coast in earl's way?

carolina peeps?

carolina peeps?
    They're hiding the basement with canned food right now. :shock:
    NERDS!

carolina peeps?

quite possibly :o

carolina peeps?

They should be surfing 8-)
    NERDS!

• carolina peeps?

They should be surfing 8-)[/quote]

so stoked for friday bra :mrgreen:

i might drown but i gotta go out ...even though i can't surf :? :mrgreen:
  • I was in Hawaii last year and a Hurricane fizzled out right before it hit us. It was only a tropical storm, but the waves were starting to look tasty :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    this thing still happening?
  • rival. wrote:
    this thing still happening?

yea dude

hitting carolina ... some evactuation's.. as for the tri -state area extreme south jersey and east end of long island are gonna get something
  • I was in Hawaii last year and a Hurricane fizzled out right before it hit us. It was only a tropical storm, but the waves were starting to look tasty :mrgreen:

thats a whole nother beast 8-)
  • i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Keeps moving west!
  • Rygar wrote:
    Keeps moving west!

yea then straight up the coast

1131 miles to NYC
    Rygar wrote:
    Keeps moving west!

1131 miles to NYC
    In regards to me, if it moves a little further west it'll miss NS.
  • Rygar wrote:

1131 miles to NYC
    In regards to me, if it moves a little further west it'll miss NS.

YEA ITS A CRAPSHOOT BY YOU...can go either way
    If it is a cat 2 it'll be a nice mess.
  • Rygar wrote:

are you close enough to the water to enjoy?
    Rygar wrote:

Yup, but that depends on what kind of enjoyment you're looking for. Not exactly the brightest thing to do during a hurricane. I assume you mean post-storm surfing?
  • Rygar wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Yup, but that depends on what kind of enjoyment you're looking for. Not exactly the brightest thing to do during a hurricane.

grab the board and fins and take a ride

you're a hockey guy 10 ft waves are nothing to you
    Rygar wrote:

Yup, but that depends on what kind of enjoyment you're looking for. Not exactly the brightest thing to do during a hurricane.

grab the board and fins and take a ride

you're a hockey guy 10 ft waves are nothing to you
    Not really my thing :P
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    799b4f10e.jpg

000002.jpg

wave_winthrop_large.jpg

Here are a few views of my little town during a typical storm. The local news media inevitably end up here to get spectacular wave shots.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Im interested to see whats going to happen myself...apparently Ct is too small to get any love on that map there...zoomed in and closest i could get was Bridgeport - 158 miles away...looks like where I am, closer to RI will be closer to the storm

but we never end up with anything good here in CT...maybe some flooding, but thats it....im just hoping the winds arent too bad...the windows in my apartment are circa old as fuck and a few panes already broken...

Boston..you guys could be in for a treat!! and if you are that close to the water, Unlost...get out there and get some cool pics for us!! :lol: dont get hurt tho ;)

Will definitely have all of you guys in mind over the weekend, and I will be expecting you all to post updates during the storm on friday via your iphones in the basements :lol::lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Much as I love the ocean side of our little peninsula, we bought a house on the very protected inner harbor side. No flooding damage there, and our house has been there since 1902.

The Salty Dog II will be another story... may have to go out to the storm mooring if the winds and seas make the marina too precarious.

The unlost dogs and I will be wayyyyy inland in upstate NY, so we'll likely miss this one. Mr. Unlost, however, will be in the center of things with the fire department, or, if things really get bad, off someplace with FEMA.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)