* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    A team from the NFC lEast is going to the Super Bowl..... :o:o:o:o
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Ted Ginn must be sick to his stomach right nouw.

for real. good point

I hope the chisox go 0-162. what a fucking loser
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,406
    tybird wrote:

anything can happen in the nfl playoffs man :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Never thought an NFC East team would have been in the Superbowl.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Both of these games ended on some silly screw ups. It was tough to watch such dumb plays end both games. I don't really have much interest in this rematch but I agree with 81. The pats won't lose another sb to the giants.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

for real. good point

What??
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

for real. good point

What??

I agree. Ginn plays that shit doesn't happen.

Kyle williams is kenny williams son. I hope the chisox lose every game this year.

The NFL rules are just plain horrible. why have replay if shit like that fumble can't be reviewed?? just a flat out joke.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Both of these games ended on some silly screw ups. It was tough to watch such dumb plays end both games. I don't really have much interest in this rematch but I agree with 81. The pats won't lose another sb to the giants.
    Why not? Their defense is average at best.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    LOL, seems like there are a lot of bitter Eagle fans in this thread.

since the giants won is that surprising?
    The Fixer wrote:

Not at all...not at all.
    tybird wrote:

anything can happen in the nfl playoffs man :lol:
    Touche'.... :lol::lol::lol: :thumbup:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    At least one Cowboys fan.....but I ain't bitter....we couldn't get the job done
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Why not? Their defense is average at best.

Because its the year of Robert Kraft, man :) he saved the season and the pats will win it for him and dedicate it to his late wife. Storybook ending..
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:

Not at all...not at all.

Phuck the Giants !

:x :x
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    One of the stats I heard, this is only the 3rd time in a Championship game a team has lost the turnover battle by 2 or more and won (as the Patriots did).

The thing that caught my eye ... one of the games was THIS GAME.

TWELVE turnovers??? :shock:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    One of the stats I heard, this is only the 3rd time in a Championship game a team has lost the turnover battle by 2 or more and won (as the Patriots did).

The thing that caught my eye ... one of the games was THIS GAME.

TWELVE turnovers??? :shock:

..,and that was the franco harris game right?
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    should have been interference on the Pats on the 3rd down play at the one...just saying. and boy did Cundiff shit his pants or what. what an utter choke job by him. awful.

and for the 2nd time in 4 years this Eagles fan will be stuck cheering for the Giants in the Super Bowl. Lesser of two evils to me. And if the Giants win does that mean Coughlin is better than Bellichick? and is Eli better than Peyton?
    pjhawks wrote:
    should have been interference on the Pats on the 3rd down play at the one...just saying. and boy did Cundiff shit his pants or what. what an utter choke job by him. awful.

and for the 2nd time in 4 years this Eagles fan will be stuck cheering for the Giants in the Super Bowl. Lesser of two evils to me. And if the Giants win does that mean Coughlin is better than Bellichick? and is Eli better than Peyton?

i can never root for the giants in a super bowl. i didn't understand when eagles fans did it last time. them winning another only makes andy reid's tenure look even worse...
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    pjhawks wrote:

i can never root for the giants in a super bowl. i didn't understand when eagles fans did it last time. them winning another only makes andy reid's tenure look even worse...
    I thought his tenure was already bad when the Giants won 4 years ago.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I thought his tenure was already bad when the Giants won 4 years ago.
    It was and is. That team will never win squat with him at the helm.

Just read an interesting tidbit. Belichick and T. Brady have never lost 3 straight games to any opponent.
    2 plays that I think changed the super bowl matchup.

1 - Lee Evans dropping that ball right in his gut.

2 - The Amhad Bradshaw fumble that didn't count because they blew the whistle WAY too early.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I'd put my money on the Patriots considering the Super Bowl is being played in Indy.

As surreal as it has been, the Patriots are now the home team and get to practice in the Colt's facility. It will be the cherry on the top of the shit sunday ice cream bowl that I know as the 2011 Colts season.

If you are a New York Giant's fan coming to Indy, it will probably be one of the first times an entire city has welcomed you with open arms.

We're counting on you, Eli!
    crazypjfan wrote:

2 - The Amhad Bradshaw fumble that didn't count because they blew the whistle WAY too early.
    What about the first SF touchdown where Davis stepped on the line well before the end zone.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    pjhawks wrote:

and i don't understand how an Eagles fan can cheer for a man and team that was convicted of cheating against the Eagles in the Super Bowl. I'd rather cheer for a rival than a cheat. i have no respect for cheaters.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    crazypjfan wrote:

What about the first SF touchdown where Davis stepped on the line well before the end zone.
    That was a horrible call. I knew the Giants wouldn't get that call.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I really don't think there's any way that Brady/Belichick are going to let E Manning/Coughlin beat them again.

For the 2nd time in my life...I find myself rooting for the Pats.

Either way, this is going to be one helluva game!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Newch91 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

That was a horrible call. I knew the Giants wouldn't get that call.

That couldn't CLEARLY see that one since his heel was the questionable part. I thought that was a good call. You can't reverse something like that unless you are 100% sure. Could have gone either way..
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

and i don't understand how an Eagles fan can cheer for a man and team that was convicted of cheating against the Eagles in the Super Bowl. I'd rather cheer for a rival than a cheat. i have no respect for cheaters.

Oh no. Really? The cheating argument? You need to get over that crap.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    crazypjfan wrote:
    That couldn't CLEARLY see that one since his heel was the questionable part. I thought that was a good call. You can't reverse something like that unless you are 100% sure. Could have gone either way..

And that's exactly what Hoculi said, you just couldn't tell for sure. I had no problem with that call, I think he probably touched the line, but it certainly wasn't clear enough to overturn, in my opinion. The fumble last week on the other hand is a whole different story.
This discussion has been closed.