Options

* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    jimed14 wrote:
    Next year's London game teams announced ... Pats and Rams.

Rams want to become "England's Team." I think they're lobbying to play a game there yearly... Might as well with the fan support they draw at home.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,357
    pjhawks wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    I don't. Must be because he was the Giants' former defensive coordinator.

i don't hate him either. i'm more jealous than anything. :x :lol:

not sure how you don't hate a guy who was convicted of cheating against your team in the super bowl but hey i guess that is your prerogative. ;)

because i'm a rational sports fan and recognize greatness when i see it.

bill belichik can coach circles around andy reid.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Those have to be some pretty big circles!
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Those have to be some pretty big circles!

will you be here all week?

:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    is this league a notch below the arena league?

well let's put it this way...i had to search allen wranglers...then i had to search allen...it was then that i realized that is a dallas suburb, not the last name of the owner of the team
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,615
    norm wrote:

well let's put it this way...i had to search allen wranglers...then i had to search allen...it was then that i realized that is a dallas suburb, not the last name of the owner of the team

HA, I googled the area code of the phone number on the ticket page to figure out where it was. How are athletes this broke?
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,812
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

HA, I googled the area code of the phone number on the ticket page to figure out where it was. How are athletes this broke?

When you're shelling out of 44 G's a month in child support. This jerkoff deserves all of this shit. I hate that guy.
  • Options
    When you're shelling out of 44 G's a month in child support. This jerkoff deserves all of this shit. I hate that guy.

True, true. I read an article a while back that the first thing they tell them in the rookie classes they take is not to get married, none of them listen.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,812
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

True, true. I read an article a while back that the first thing they tell them in the rookie classes they take is not to get married, none of them listen.

I think they should throw something in there about the usage of condoms as well.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

it's terrell owens...you can't tell me you didn't expect him to end up like this?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Excuse me Judge, did you say $75 million??? :o
  • Options
    Unruly NFC Championship fans face ouster from game

By BETH DUFF-BROWN
    Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Don't yell obscenities, don't flip the bird - and don't even think about insulting anyone's mother.

The San Francisco 49ers and the NFL have adopted extraordinary security measures for Sunday's NFC championship against the New York Giants after New Orleans Saints fans complained of harassment by unruly 49ers faithful last week.

Undercover police will be dressed in Giants' garb and on the lookout for nasty fans. Giants ticketholders will be handed a card as they enter Candlestick Park with details on how to contact police if they feel threatened. And more security cameras and undercover police officers will be in place to identify abusive fans.

Season ticketholders have also been warned to follow the NFL Fan Code of Conduct: no foul or abusive language or obscene gestures and no verbal or physical abuse of opposing team fans.

The nail-biting 36-32 win last Saturday for the 49ers was the team's first playoff game in nine years, and a raucous crowd was on hand to enjoy the victory at the expense of the Saints.

"I apologize for any rudeness that may have happened," San Francisco 49ers president and CEO Jed York said. "I think you saw 49ers fans who were very excited about hosting a playoff game for the first time in a long time."

Those fans were so excited that they ruined the day for a shaken Don Moses and his two teenage daughters. Moses, a longtime Bay Area resident who is from New Orleans, said they were wearing the Saints colors and prepared for some good-natured ribbing.

Instead, he tells a horror story of fear and humiliation when his daughters asked him why he didn't do anything to stop the hulking 49ers fans who yelled vulgarities and threw footballs at them, screamed in their faces and called their mother a whore.

"The hostility and threats of violence were a constant throughout our experience," Moses said in a letter to the San Francisco Chronicle, one that launched some soul-searching by city officials and led to some 49ers fans to apologize on behalf of their city.

"Every other word from dozens of fans around us was an f-bomb shouted at the top of their lungs," Moses said. "There were seven or eight large 30- to 35-year-old guys directly behind us who cursed and threatened us the entire game." He turned to ask them to tone it down in front of his girls and they yelled: "Do not turn around again! Do not ever turn around again."

He was afraid that if the fans saw him calling or texting security, the men would harm his daughters.

"Every 49ers fan, the team and its owners should be ashamed and embarrassed to wear the red and gold today," Moses wrote in the letter published Tuesday. "They won the game but are losers in every other way."

NFL security director Jeff Miller told the AP that if the security cameras or undercover police catch such abusive behavior by fans on Sunday, they will be yanked from the stadium.

"We'll be looking early on to identify people trying to do those things in the parking areas and take action to remove them," said Miller, who will be at the game. "We're not going to be warning people inside the stadium. They will be removed."

Authorities are already sensitive about the heartbreaking case of Brian Stow, a paramedic and San Francisco Giants fan who suffered a traumatic brain injury after a beating by two men dressed in Dodgers gear following the home opener against the Giants in Los Angeles on March 31. Medical care for Stow is expected to cost as much as $50 million and the father of two has sued the Dodgers.

Tailgating after kickoff already has been banned from the parking lot at Candlestick Park under security measures introduced after two shootings, a beating and fights broke out during an Aug. 20 pre-season game with across-the-bay rivals Oakland Raiders.

San Francisco Police Chief Greg Suhr said he heard first-hand how Saints fans were treated last Saturday when he gave three of them a lift from the stadium back into the city after the game. They gave him an earful about how badly they'd been belittled.

"We're all native San Franciscans and, you know, that's not the way we want to represent the team and the city," Suhr said.

He said Mayor Ed Lee instructed him to do whatever it takes to make Giants fans feel safe.

Police officers and team personnel at the ticket gates will be welcoming them with cards that tell them how to contact police.

The 49ers also purchased Giants attire for undercover police officers.

"They'll be seated around the stadium as decoys, if you will, trying to draw out the obnoxious fans and they will be removed immediately," he said.

Then there are the lights.

A good portion of the game will be played under the same stadium lights that blacked out and delayed the nationally televised Monday Night Football game between the 49ers and the Pittsburgh Steelers on Dec. 19.

The city and the Pacific Gas & Electric Co. insist there won't be an embarrassing repeat of the two blackouts at the 51-year-old stadium, which had prompted the mayor to call the night a "national embarrassment."

PG&E spokesman Joe Molica is confident the nearly $1 million in upgrades to the park by the electric utility and the city will prove the old bayside stadium proud.

He said the wire for the electrical circuit that serves the park has been replaced with more than a mile and a half of new wire that is resistant to contact and carries three times the electrical load. A new computer system allows workers to better monitor the circuit.

The command center at the stadium has conducted a string of tests simulating the Dec. 19 blackout and everything tested well.

Will Molica be holding his breath on Sunday about another blackout?

No, he said, "I'll be holding my breath for the 49ers to win."
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 0-18-16-42
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think they should throw something in there about the usage of condoms as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHe1AT-rk50
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Excuse me Judge, did you say $75 million??? :o

Yeah, man. Wow. Dude got taken to the cleaners. I almost feel bad for the guy.
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

it's terrell owens...you can't tell me you didn't expect him to end up like this?

Very true.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHe1AT-rk50

as i clicked, i knew :lol::lol:
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't believe that TO was EVER MARRIED to any of the four women....the take-home message should be don't knock the girls up. :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    hey........Championship Sunday!!!!

go time in 3 hours :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pats 27 ravens 21

niners 34 giants 28
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    pats 30 ravens 20

giants 24 niners 20

fixed. ;)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Giants-Niners game is going to be sloppy today.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Newch91 wrote:

It's a downpour here right now ... but it can turn off just as quickly.

I don't think it'll be this mudfest like I am hearing some of these morning shows predict.

Wet? Yes. Muddy puddly slop? No.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I don't think it'll be this mudfest like I am hearing some of these morning shows predict.

I'm sure players will be slipping.

They'll be cleaning the field, but I'm sure the field will be a little bit muddy.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

They'll be cleaning the field, but I'm sure the field will be a little bit muddy.

candlestick (yes candlestick--i don't even know what corporate name is attached to it now and i don't really care) historically has one of the worst draining fields in all of sports though...

and i am not sure that a poor field benefits either team. obviously the niners have gore and use a lot of 2 tight end sets...but the giants resurgent running game cannot be overlooked.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    They just replayed the highlights from the 1990 NFC Championship on ESPN. One of the first games I remember watching the whole game.

Today is the day. I think the Pats win today because, to quote Mayor Menino, "We got a lot of depth with Wekler and Grabowski."
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    candlestick (yes candlestick--i don't even know what corporate name is attached to it now and i don't really care).

It's Candlestick.

For a while it was Monster Park ...

Not this Monster ...

monster_com.jpg

This Monster ...

Monster.JPG

...but that ended a few years ago.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

candlestick (yes candlestick--i don't even know what corporate name is attached to it now and i don't really care) historically has one of the worst draining fields in all of sports though...

and i am not sure that a poor field benefits either team. obviously the niners have gore and use a lot of 2 tight end sets...but the giants resurgent running game cannot be overlooked.
    The Giants have Bradshaw for this game; they didn't have him when they faced the Niners back in the regular season.

The receivers on both teams have to be careful when they cut, otherwise, they'll also slip and fall as well as CBs and Safeties.
  • Options
    They just replayed the highlights from the 1990 NFC Championship on ESPN. One of the first games I remember watching the whole game.

Today is the day. I think the Pats win today because, to quote Mayor Menino, "We got a lot of depth with Wekler and Grabowski."
    :lol:

Saw those highlights also. That hit on Montana was nuts.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    The Giants have Bradshaw for this game; they didn't have him when they faced the Niners back in the regular season.

To be fair ... Gore sat out a majority of that game as well.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

there better be mud! i'm sick and tired of seeing players end a game looking like they did when they started
This discussion has been closed.