Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    That was awesome
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    norm wrote:
    That was awesome

I am such a fricking coward I am hiding out in my office so I don't know what's happening.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    norm wrote:
    That was awesome

sure was.

saints aren't shit without their weak ass dome
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    that was an incredible football game.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    That was amazing. Thank God for DVR. My husband dragged me out of my office and made me watch the last two minutes of the game. That catch...

Wow.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Enkidu wrote:
    That was amazing. Thank God for DVR. My husband dragged me out of my office and made me watch the last two minutes of the game. That catch...

Wow.

:lol:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    That was hands down one of the best football games I've ever watched. Amazing finish.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,801
    The Fixer wrote:
    norm wrote:
    That was awesome

sure was.

hate to burst your bubble, but the Saints have the best road record in the past 3 seasons. just sayin' Nonetheless great ending.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    Enkidu wrote:

I am such a fricking coward I am hiding out in my office so I don't know what's happening.
    is that how you watch our BB team, too? ;)

that game was why we watch sports :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • What a win! Gillette was rocking tonight!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    edited January 2012
    Newch91 wrote:
    That was hands down one of the best football games I've ever watched. Amazing finish.

Absolutely, great game. Anytime you have 3 lead changes in the last 3 minutes it's awesome. The late game sucked, but that's what we should come to expect when the media creation is QB in the game. Good riddance Tebow and the media love fest for him. It's time we talk about some legit NFL QB's for a change.
    Post edited by pureoc on
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    norm wrote:
    That was awesome

incredible game.

this is the best football weekend of the year. love it
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    norm wrote:
    That was awesome

sure was.

hate to burst your bubble, but the Saints have the best road record in the past 3 seasons. just sayin' Nonetheless great ending.

they have never won a road playoff game. which proves the meangingless regular season stats like the one you brought up mean absolutely nothing.

brees noodle arm just isn't condusive to playing outdoors.

I'm glad SF won
  • All these other games are irrelevant. Nobody is stopping Brady this year.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    All these other games are irrelevant. Nobody is stopping Brady this year.

about as dominating a win as they come. brady is so incredibly good.

did von miller even suit up last night? seemed like he did absolutely nothing except start that one fight.
    www.myspace.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I'm glad SF won too, just because I like Green Bay's chances against SF over NO. If Green Bay beats New York that is. But also because San Francisco has been away from the spotlight for so long. It's good to see that team relevant again. It was sad seeing one of the old flagship teams of the 80's and 90's looking like shit for so long. Though I enjoy seeing the Cowboys do the same. The difference is the Cowboys still get treated like a flagship franchise when they suck, where the Niners don't.

Also I'm a little tired of all the Johnny-come-lately Saints fans that have popped up since '09. I know they've had a strong fan base, and they have some great fans, but they have a lot of fraud fans. In my entire life before 2009 I had never seen or even heard of a Saints fan. They were like a myth, I would see them on TV, but that could have just been CGI or something. Since '09 I can't seem to get away from them. Everywhere I go it's "Geaux Saints", "Who Dat?", etc.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    I'm glad SF won too, just because I like Green Bay's chances against SF over NO. If Green Bay beats New York that is. But also because San Francisco has been away from the spotlight for so long. It's good to see that team relevant again. It was sad seeing one of the old flagship teams of the 80's and 90's looking like shit for so long. Though I enjoy seeing the Cowboys do the same. The difference is the Cowboys still get treated like a flagship franchise when they suck, where the Niners don't.

Also I'm a little tired of all the Johnny-come-lately Saints fans that have popped up since '09. I know they've had a strong fan base, and they have some great fans, but they have a lot of fraud fans. In my entire life before 2009 I had never seen or even heard of a Saints fan. They were like a myth, I would see them on TV, but that could have just been CGI or something. Since '09 I can't seem to get away from them. Everywhere I go it's "Geaux Saints", "Who Dat?", etc.

totally agree with you about having sf relevant in the nfl again...however i think they can pose some problems for gb. they have the best defense and special teams of any team left in the playoffs at this point.
    www.myspace.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

totally agree with you about having sf relevant in the nfl again...however i think they can pose some problems for gb. they have the best defense and special teams of any team left in the playoffs at this point.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, it won't be a cakewalk, but I think it's manageable. Might not do it, but it's possible. If it were GB and NO it would just be a shootout and whoever got the ball last would likely win, and with GB's defense there would be NOTHING to stop Brees and company from just doing their thing. GB and SF would be a more interesting matchup.

Of course this is all assuming GB beats the Giants, which is not a given. If they were still playing the way they did most of the season I would say GB would whip the shit out of them, but they picked it up.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"

Yeah, don't get me wrong, it won't be a cakewalk, but I think it's manageable. Might not do it, but it's possible. If it were GB and NO it would just be a shootout and whoever got the ball last would likely win, and with GB's defense there would be NOTHING to stop Brees and company from just doing their thing. GB and SF would be a more interesting matchup.

Of course this is all assuming GB beats the Giants, which is not a given. If they were still playing the way they did most of the season I would say GB would whip the shit out of them, but they picked it up.

i think the giants will keep it close today.

assuming gb wins, though, we'll have a couple really interesting championship games on tap for next week. 2 prolific offenses with defenses who both give up a ton of yards, going up against 2 middle of the road offenses with solid defenses.

i like baltimore today. but i like both defenses in that one.
    www.myspace.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Go Texans!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I swear that every guy that plays special teams has a single digit IQ. unbelievable
    patiently waiting for the inevitable joe flacco choke job.
    smash mouth.

some solid hitting taking place this afternoon. good game.
    www.myspace.com
    good game.

especially if you like shitty QBs
    The Fixer wrote:
    good game.

especially if you like shitty QBs

ha...well one is a back up and a pretty good story this year.

i love good defense and strong running attacks. this one has an old school feel to it.
    www.myspace.com
    ed reed always steps up in the playoffs.
    www.myspace.com
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Absolute terrible passing decisions by this Yates QB, and all 3 led to interceptions. Throwing balls into double, sometimes triple coverage.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
This discussion has been closed.