NCAA College Football -

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I can't believe TCU is having this much trouble with Louisiana Tech. Actually I can, I just can't believe TCU's ranking.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Matt Barkley is returning for his senior season

Your 2012 BCS Champion USC Trojans
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    norm wrote:

I just threw up in my mouth a little. :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    it seems like a better than average crew is doing the crappier than average las vegas bowl. How'd they get the "A" team to do this game? ;):lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    it seems like a better than average crew is doing the crappier than average las vegas bowl. How'd they get the "A" team to do this game? ;):lol:

Fowler loves the buffets
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Fowler loves the buffets
    they have a good one at Little Darlings ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

I just threw up in my mouth a little. :x

that offense is going to be fun to watch next year.

I think the new nfl CBA had something to do with his decision. Didn't they limit the amount guys can make with their rookie contracts?? could be a lot more guys staying in college rather than entering the draft early, which is awesome. just enhances the college FB product and makes the NFL even shittier
  • The Fixer wrote:

I think the new nfl CBA had something to do with his decision. Didn't they limit the amount guys can make with their rookie contracts?? could be a lot more guys staying in college rather than entering the draft early, which is awesome. just enhances the college FB product and makes the NFL even shittier

I always enjoy watching USC....they just reload with freak athletes every year.

Yeah, the new CBA limited how much these rookies make. No more of this nonsense with the 1st pick being guaranteed $50 mill before ever taking a snap. That's how it should be.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, the new CBA limited how much these rookies make. No more of this nonsense with the 1st pick being guaranteed $50 mill before ever taking a snap. That's how it should be.

exactly. and logic says that players staying an extra year in college would make them even better when they get to the nfl. more seasoning under their belts. that's a win-win if you ask me.

wish that would happen more in the nba.
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Why does Oregon care more about their jerseys than the way they play in bowl games?

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/20 ... -rose-bowl
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    edited December 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

exactly. and logic says that players staying an extra year in college would make them even better when they get to the nfl. more seasoning under their belts. that's a win-win if you ask me.

why do you think that guys are better prepared for the nfl if they play an extra year of college? sure as hell didn't work for matt leinart, who would have been the first pick after his junior year. jake locker would have been a top 5 pick (possibly 1 overall) after his jr year.

I don't think barkley staying in college an extra year against weak competition makes him more prepared for the nfl. if anything it slows down the learning curve. it's like keeping a guy in the minors when he should be in the majors. you don't get better playing against inferior competition, you have to challenge yourself to improve

great for college fb, so I'm glad guys make these decisions. bad for nfl because these talented, nfl+ready guys are going to stay in school more frequently (only goodell could figure out a way to keep the best players out of his league). I would love to see the colts get the first pick and luck tell them to f off and stay for his sr year.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    :lol::lol::lol: .

Since 2000, the Big Ten has gone 30-46 in bowl games (a 39.4 winning percentage) and has enjoyed a winning record in only two of 11 seasons.
  • Newch91 wrote:
    Why does Oregon care more about their jerseys than the way they play in bowl games?

it's not like the Oregon players are in the locker room designing jerseys. Oregon is Nike's experiment. Plus these uni's are sweet!

They're not the only ones doing it ;)
    http://wisconsinrose.com/
    NERDS!
    The Fixer wrote:

why do you think that guys are better prepared for the nfl if they play an extra year of college? sure as hell didn't work for matt leinart, who would have been the first pick after his junior year. jake locker would have been a top 5 pick (possibly 1 overall) after his jr year.

I don't think barkley staying in college an extra year against weak competition makes him more prepared for the nfl. if anything it slows down the learning curve. it's like keeping a guy in the minors when he should be in the majors. you don't get better playing against inferior competition, you have to challenge yourself to improve

great for college fb, so I'm glad guys make these decisions. bad for nfl because these talented, nfl+ready guys are going to stay in school more frequently (only goodell could figure out a way to keep the best players out of his league). I would love to see the colts get the first pick and luck tell them to f off and stay for his sr year.

leinart would have sucked no matter how long he stayed or didn't stay in college. he's just not a very good quarterback. luck's probably gonna be the first pick in april. worked out for him.

just in general i'd think it would serve athletes better to stay in school longer. more experience. extra year of maturity under their belts. always will be exceptions to the rule though.

i think this is a win win. i'm all for both college and nfl improving in anyway possible. no sense in wanting one or the other to do worse.

and its pretty much widely agreed upon that the rookie wage scale is one of the better things to come out of the new nfl cba
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:

it's not like the Oregon players are in the locker room designing jerseys. Oregon is Nike's experiment. Plus these uni's are sweet!

i hate that shit. oregon looks like a bunch of robots out there...sorry dude :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91 wrote:

i hate that shit. oregon looks like a bunch of robots out there...sorry dude :mrgreen:

Nike/Oregon are doing a much better job than Maryland/Under Armor so far.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    norm chow having an effect already. rainbow warriors are on the way back up

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... to-hawaii/
    The Pizza Bowl was very entertaining :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,891
    imalive wrote:
    So it delivered ? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    So it delivered ? :mrgreen:
    it did.....right up until WMU put the fucking pie on the turf with 2 minutes to go :x

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    looks like we're in for another good game here.

these bowls have been awesome so far.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    These announcers are horrific
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

the fact that espn is an equal opportunity employer is a detriment to the people forced to watch some of their broadcasts.

finish to this game is going to be wild
    Ahahhahahaha. Yeah this is a good one. She sucks though.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

worst part is that she is great compared to the chick that did yesterday's first bowl game
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

worst part is that she is great compared to the chick that did yesterday's first bowl game

Dude with her is brutal too. Didn't catch that game.
    Keenan Allen is a beast. Best WR in college FB IMO
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Beth Mowins - Mowins was a basketball, softball and soccer player at Cicero-North Syracuse High School. She was captain of the varsity basketball team for two seasons at Lafayette College. She graduated Lafayette with a BA in 1989, and Syracuse University with a master's degree.

altho I'm not a fan of women doing men's sports, I thought she was VERY knowledgeable and well prepared. To be totally honest, the chick knows more about football than me :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Am I seeing shit or does nd have orange shit on the top of their helmets? Of so, why?
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Am I seeing shit or does nd have orange shit on the top of their helmets? Of so, why?

I think its just a reflection on those ridiculous gold helmets they started wearing earlier this year
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...