NCAA College Football -

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    cutz said:
    Wobbie said:
    Urban Meyer is the John Calipari of football.  Scandal seems to follow him everywhere. And yet he still has a job.

calipari has one mission....get his guys to the NBA. he’s pretty good at it. I honestly think he’s more about that than wiining titles.

good new thread would be scummiest NCAA football/basketball coaches.

I nominate rick shitino.
    Wait a minute now. Calipari gets TOP recruits that MOST are already NBA prospects and would be drafted if they went to his school or Pee Wee State. Besides Marcus Camby, who played 3 seasons at UMASS, name another player/s he developed that made the NBA? He can recruit but not sure how good of a coach he is, as far as developing players.
    gotcha.

back to football, I guess?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,119
    Tip of the cap to the greatest NCAA kicker of all time ..

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,683
    I LOVED Necessary Roughness when I was a kid. I'm sure she may have been a part of that. 
    She can kick em' all:
    Soccer ball
    Football
    My bal...nah...line drawn.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    My wife worked with K.I. for a short time.  I probably over-shared when I told my wife that I used to think about K.I. quite frequently.  (read between the lines)  She laughed.

Dude was meant to be a Senior in HS this year.  Guess we throw him into the fire and how he shines.  Could be a great first month or you could see some posts here with my whining about losing 2 games in the first month of the season. 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    My wife worked with K.I. for a short time.  I probably over-shared when I told my wife that I used to think about K.I. quite frequently.  (read between the lines)  She laughed.

Dude was meant to be a Senior in HS this year.  Guess we throw him into the fire and how he shines.  Could be a great first month or you could see some posts here with my whining about losing 2 games in the first month of the season. 

Frequently indeed! Like seriously, how did she kick a soccer ball and football so perfectly? 

Your wife probably thought about K.I. too. :look_at_the_time:

And don't forget the crying you will do when they lose to the Irish at the end of the regular season. Regardless of who is at QB.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552

Frequently indeed! Like seriously, how did she kick a soccer ball and football so perfectly? 

Your wife probably thought about K.I. too. :look_at_the_time:

And don't forget the crying you will do when they lose to the Irish at the end of the regular season. Regardless of who is at QB.
    By that point I expect the youngsters will be in line and that ridiculous depth we have at WR will light up the Irish secondary.
    Who knows, though.  This is why this time of year is so much fun.  Tough to say how the kids we have not seen yet are going to play.  Hope you guys need to win that game to get into the playoffs and get crushed.
    I don't see it happening for ND this year. UM is a great matchup I think. But return of the rivalry, Gameday coming home for the 1st time in 6 seasons, season opener and Kelly's track record (or lack thereof) in big games spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E. 

And there are several other tough games outside of that. Florida State, maybe USC, Stanford and VA Tech.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,174
    Wobbie said:
    urban > pete > saban.
    That's just foolish.  Saban nor Pete have carried assfucks who beat on their pregnant wives.
    Saban is King.  (As much as I loved The Pete)

This man knows his college football!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Maybe Harbaugh should start eating chicken...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    How long is he gonna last?
    Til December? 

Go Irish!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    Til December? 

Go Irish!
    Sounds about right. Has he won a big game?
    I think he's won like 2 or 3 against Michigan State, Penn State and Ohio State collectively. But I don't know what types of seasons those teams were having when those victories occurred. I did hear UM is 0-17 on the road against ranked opponents. 

Start the regular season with a nice win against the much hated Michigan team and finish the regular season with a win against the equally hated condom boys....I mean USC. 

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Severe hangover.   College football is back baby!!!!!!

We got a huge win Cliffy :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    Severe hangover.   College football is back baby!!!!!!

We got a huge win Cliffy :lol:

will definitely impress the voters!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I hope this is his last year.  What a disappointment he has been.  The offensive line was terrible last year, looks to be terrible this year...

The ND score was closer than the game really was ...

His record against ranked teams since coming to Michigan is poor.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    why do I feel like Taggart’s seat could get real hot, real soon?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Wobbie said:
    why do I feel like Taggart’s seat could get real hot, real soon?
    It's gonna.  I didn't think anything could get worse than last season, but I was proven wrong.  That was pitiful.
    They are cranking the seat temp up for him. Was looking very forward to seeing FSU in South Bend. That game may lack importance at this point.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    They are cranking the seat temp up for him. Was looking very forward to seeing FSU in South Bend. That game may lack importance at this point.
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised if FSU's only win this season is Samford.  In two games against FBS opponents, they've scored 10 points, and 7 of those were when Syracuse didn't give a fuck with 3 minutes to go in the 4th.
    it’s usually a good day when wisconsin loses.....but not to BYfuckingU. :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Helton must go.  What an embarrassing game to lose for SC.  So happy to have missed the game at a work function.
    ^^^Would it be in poor taste if i replied with:

Lolololololololololol?

Lolololololololololol?
    not at all.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Lolololololololololol?
    Nah, what goes around comes around.  Reveling in a rivals' crappiness is part of college football.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,174
    RTR, Wob!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Lolololololololololol?
    Nah, what goes around comes around.  Reveling in a rivals' crappiness is part of college football.
    I've been going through it for quite some time. Middle of the pack purgatory. 

And while it's generally funny for me to watch a school like USC or UM lose, when they play each other and both schools have something to play for, the games are usually MUCH better.

Lolololololololololol?
    I've been going through it for quite some time. Middle of the pack purgatory. 

And while it's generally funny for me to watch a school like USC or UM lose, when they play each other and both schools have something to play for, the games are usually MUCH better.

Only so many (or few) truly excellent head coaches to go around...and Kelly nor Helton are part of that group. 
    I want to see SC pay double to assistants on the rise vs what others are paying and buy a staff for a guy at the top who can manage the process.  That bumblefuck Helton is a good man, a good recruiter, but he hires his buddies and gives them full reign when they suck.  As a Head Coach he is only as good as his superstars.  Losing our top players at many positions means their replacements need time -- and his coaching/staff does not accelerate the process as they should -- as the great coaches do/can.

Another weak effort, although I will take the win any way we can with this staff leading the way.
    USC has amazing WRs if they can ever get the play calling sorted and the true freshman grows

Friday night football is college abomination and should be killed.  The Pac12 having a game each week is awful.
    Especially tough to watch from EST.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,099
    After having our game canceled because of the hurricane, it feels like it's been a month since we last played. Last game we got our asses handed to us by Georgia, so all of our fans have had a long time to stew over that.