Leonardo DiCaprio is overrated

13»

Comments

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    He gets awesome roles in awesome movies, but yeah, I'm not impressed with his acting.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Flagg wrote:
    People love to hate on Titanic but there's nothing wrong with that movie. If the song gets on your nerves that's one thing but I thought the movie was great.
    I liked it.. but I also saw it before there was any hype. It was just a random movie choice for the night and it happened to be its opening night. I went in expecting nothing special, but it ended up being one of the better movie experiences I can remember, and despite the crap that came after, I still have a soft spot for the flick.

Had I seen it after people starting going goo goo for it, I'm sure my expectations would have ruined it.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Relevant? He's never been far from the top and is on top now at just 35...he's been in so many incredible movies it's sick...anything he pisses on turns to gold...gold..
    No see that's my point... anything he does is already gold... he gets GIVEN the gold :D and for me, he's been the only issue I have with most of the films. I don't DISlike the guy... like I said I think he's good and I guess the fact that I question his ability means he stays in my head... but I just don't think his performances have ever been anything to write home about. I think with the level of films he's been given, he needs ONE absolute stand out and knock em dead performance. I think he kinda owes it.

There has been a ton of 'knock em dead' performances mentioned in this thread..to each their own I guess...if you don't think he was exceptional in 'Revolutionary Road' then you just simply don't recognize great acting..end of story and thread ;) ..

jesus champ...i'm surprised you're able to type with leo's cock in your mouth ;) :P :lol:

seriously, if y'all think he's the greatest thing ever, have at it...for me, everything i've seen him in he doesn't rise to the quality of the film

actually, leo was at his best in titanic because the story was so light and uninteresting that his acting seemed right at home
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    norm wrote:
    jesus champ...i'm surprised you're able to type with leo's cock in your mouth ;) :P :lol:

seriously, if y'all think he's the greatest thing ever, have at it...for me, everything i've seen him in he doesn't rise to the quality of the film

actually, leo was at his best in titanic because the story was so light and uninteresting that his acting seemed right at home
    :lol: Love it!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    blood diamond
    the departed.

He kicks ass in these ones. Probably my favorite actor if I had to name one.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    i wanted to die during "revolutionary road"
    wahlberg and alec baldwin were better than him in the "departed"
    one of the best movies no one here has mentioned yet is "this boy's life"
    he's o.k.
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    norm wrote:

You of all people should know that a cock in the mouth doesn't hinder typing capabilities ;) ....the majority feel that he is a great actor, and if anything, underrated due to the backlash of Titanic....one side can't convince the other, and Helen is always right anyway...so let's all hug it out and have a drink or two..see you fuckers later..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    UpSideDown wrote:
    blood diamond
    the departed.

He kicks ass in these ones. Probably my favorite actor if I had to name one.

Also great in:

Revolutionary Road
    Inception
    This Boy's Life
    Basketball Diaries
    The Beach
    Body of Lies
    The Aviator
    Catch Me if You Can
    Gangs of New York
    Gilbert Grape

Just to name a few ;) ..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    norm wrote:

You of all people should know that a cock in the mouth doesn't hinder typing capabilities ;) ....the majority feel that he is a great actor, and if anything, underrated due to the backlash of Titanic....one side can't convince the other, and Helen is always right anyway...so let's all hug it out and have a drink or two..see you fuckers later..
    Yip... ALWAYS right! :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    The Champ wrote:
    norm wrote:

:thumbup: :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

:thumbup: :mrgreen:
    See :) Norm gets it. Thanks Norm... just for that, I will agree with you on topic of your choice... choose wisely for you get only one! 8-):mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :lol::lol:

luv ya hells! i've actually thought about starting a thread about leo but i figured (and i was right) that very few would agree with me...it's good to know i'm not completely insane...or maybe we both are...or maybe everyone else is!! :shock: :P :lol::mrgreen:
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

norm wrote:

luv ya hells! i've actually thought about starting a thread about leo but i figured (and i was right) that very few would agree with me...it's good to know i'm not completely insane...or maybe we both are...or maybe everyone else is!! :shock: :P :lol::mrgreen:
    It's everyone else Norm 8-) it's ALWAYS everyone else (especially the champ) :mrgreen: Luvs ya too :D

People blame Titanic... but I remember being excited about Titanic coming out but wondering why they cast him :oops: :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    norm wrote:

It's everyone else Norm 8-) it's ALWAYS everyone else (especially the champ) :mrgreen: Luvs ya too :D

People blame Titanic... but I remember being excited about Titanic coming out but wondering why they cast him :oops: :mrgreen:

bums on seats thats why. you get the girlies in and they will drag their boyfriends/ husbands with them. and the boys will go cause they know theyll get lucky after a love story, especially a tragic love story. plus james cameron had a boy crush on him. ;)

i thought the sfx were brilliant. i wondered(still do) where all those lovely furnishings went and thanks to celine dions song i knew jack was dead before that ship left the dock.

romeo and juliet people!!!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    JaneNY wrote:
    I've liked every movie I saw him in. Particularly Gangs of New York.

really?? even titanic??

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say I've liked his performance in every movie I've seen him in! He was good in the Howard Hughes picture too. But Gangs of New York is one of my favorite movies.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    JaneNY wrote:
    JaneNY wrote:
    I've liked every movie I saw him in. Particularly Gangs of New York.

really?? even titanic??

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say I've liked his performance in every movie I've seen him in! He was good in the Howard Hughes picture too. But Gangs of New York is one of my favorite movies.

yes perhaps that is more accurate. ;):lol:

i liked gangs of new york til they killed liam neeson.. after that i didnt care so much. :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    The Champ wrote:
    Damn, I completely forgot about 'Revolutionary Road.' Even though I've always enjoyed his movies, I think after that performance is when I was like 'what the fuck, this guy is amazing.' That performance floored me..I couldn't see any other actor in that role...phenomenal acting by both Leo and Kate..

Samesies. :lol:

I watched Shutter Island (very good, that, by the way) with workmates a while ago and afterwards we got into a conversation about Leo DiCaprio. I think we all agreed that, yes, he actually is a pretty damn good actor. Although one of the girls said something along the lines of "But ew, he's so old". :roll: But she's a damn kid, what does she know? :P

All in all, I disliked the guy for a while.. I haven't a clue why. :? But now I've savvied up. 8-)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."