Leonardo DiCaprio is overrated

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
What do ya reckon? It's been mentioned in another thread but why does he keep getting BRILLIANT roles when he's a pretty average actor? :oops: It's pretty senseless. I mean he's ok and he's watchable and he's a GOOD actor... but just look at the roles he's been given... it doesn't add up!
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    right there with ya, hells...don't get it...never have...there is no depth...he always seems to be 'acting' while he's acting...why Scorsese loves him so much boggles my mind
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I have yet to see a bad Leo movie....you know whatever he is in, it automatically will be good....love just about all of his flicks, and I don't believe in luck..hater!
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    The Champ wrote:
    I have yet to see a bad Leo movie....you know whatever he is in, it automatically will be good....love just about all of his flicks, and I don't believe in luck..hater!
    I agree... he gets brilliant films.. amazing films... but it's kinda like the Nicolas Cage syndrome (although the film levels aren't comparable... I think Cage gets good films but he's shite.. Leo gets amazing films but he's simply good)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,273
    It all depends on the Movie for me i can take him in some roles and then in others i can't stand him ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    norm wrote:
    right there with ya, hells...don't get it...never have...there is no depth...he always seems to be 'acting' while he's acting...why Scorsese loves him so much boggles my mind
    The Beach
    Gangs of new york
    The aviator
    the departed
    catch me if you can
    blood diamond
    shutter island
    inception
    'Untitled batman project' :shock:

Considering that he doesn't have much diversity... it just doesn't seem fair to me.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,273
    norm wrote:
    The Beach
    Gangs of new york
    The aviator
    the departed
    catch me if you can
    blood diamond
    shutter island
    inception

Considering that he doesn't have much diversity... it just doesn't seem fair to me.

Titanic was pretty big film ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    norm wrote:
    The Beach
    Gangs of new york
    The aviator
    the departed
    catch me if you can
    blood diamond
    shutter island
    inception

Titanic was pretty big film ..
    :mrgreen: yeh... but I'm talking about GOOD films :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    The Champ wrote:
    I agree... he gets brilliant films.. amazing films... but it's kinda like the Nicolas Cage syndrome (although the film levels aren't comparable... I think Cage gets good films but he's shite.. Leo gets amazing films but he's simply good)

We all know Daniel Day-Lewis he is not, but Leo held his own in his shadow....and Leo has never just been good...he has always been a great actor, check out Basketball Diaries and This Boy's Life....also exceptional in Catch Me if You Can....I too was a hater post Titanic for a bit, which was the popular thing to do, but the guy is a great actor and his body of work speaks for itself....and he's just getting started, which is ridiculous considering all of the top notch films already under his belt..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    The Departed was a fuckin great movie..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I'm not a fan but I will tip my hat to him in The Departed and What's Eating Gilbert Grape. He was amazing in that.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    4 words people.....

What's Eating Gilbert Grape!!! :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12

14 Academy award nominations with a best picture win, one of the top grossing movies ever..it was a pretty good fucking film obviously..not that I'd watch it again, but hating it just became the cool thing to do..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    I'm not a fan but I will tip my hat to him in The Departed and What's Eating Gilbert Grape. He was amazing in that.
    But Matt Damon was better... but he doesn't get those parts :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    The Champ wrote:

14 Academy award nominations with a best picture win, one of the top grossing movies ever..it was a pretty good fucking film obviously..not that I'd watch it again, but hating it just became the cool thing to do..
    don't get me wrong... I loved it first time I saw it... second time I saw it I thought 'what the fuck' and then I started hating it before I even HEARD any of the hype. It was just too annoying and stupid. It was nothing to do with being cool.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    4 words people.....

What's Eating Gilbert Grape!!! :D
    one of his first roles... the only time he's played out of character really :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    What do ya reckon? It's been mentioned in another thread but why does he keep getting BRILLIANT roles when he's a pretty average actor? :oops: It's pretty senseless. I mean he's ok and he's watchable and he's a GOOD actor... but just look at the roles he's been given... it doesn't add up!
    I like the way he looks he's got the face, not drop dead handsome, but the right look for many parts.He strikes me as a nice guy and respected too, hardworking and easy to work with, dedicated with no baggage. I'm prejudice though my son resembles him, nice grey blue eyes, still not sure where those came from :?
    pandora wrote:
    I like the way he looks he's got the face, not drop dead handsome, but the right look for many parts.He strikes me as a nice guy and respected too, hardworking and easy to work with, dedicated with no baggage. I'm prejudice though my son resembles him, nice grey blue eyes, still not sure where those came from :?
    :mrgreen: yeh he looks ok... but definitely not gorgeous and I've never been close to fancying him in anything. Maybe he's just a super hard worker who everyone enjoys working with. Heard he pulled out of a film with Mel Gibson recently cos of the baggage and cos he could... but it wasn't made a big deal of. Who's he related to?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    catch me if you can
    ha... tom hanks' shitty, boston(?) accent made leo look oscar worthy in that movie

speaking of good acting... this scene always comes to mind
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzj_f3Iw6NI

the acting he does with his eyes!! too bad hes crazy now :?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

i reckon youre insane and are no judge of talent. thats what i reckon helen. :mrgreen::lol::lol:

:wave:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    It's funny because I've never seen anyone overrate him, if anything people have always put him down. I actually really rate some of the stuff he's done, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, The Departed, Catch Me If You Can, Inception - all great performances in my book.
    It's funny because I've never seen anyone overrate him, if anything people have always put him down. I actually really rate some of the stuff he's done, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, The Departed, Catch Me If You Can, Inception - all great performances in my book.

he was brilliant in gilbert grape.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Wrong. He's the best actor of his generation. Overrated? :roll:
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    you're crazy ..great actor and cute as a button ;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

oh i dunno about that... i think zac efrons cuter. 8-) but leo is a great actor.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

oh i dunno about that... i think zac efrons cuter. 8-) but leo is a great actor.

cute??????????? he looks like a girl :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

cute??????????? he looks like a girl :lol:

no he doesnt. now justin bieber... he looks like a girl. sings like one too.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Leo Kicks ASS!!! that is all.

thats funny i just saw him on the boardwalk out here recently ...maybe he does but their was 100 girls following him

thats funny i just saw him on the boardwalk out here recently ...maybe he does but their was 100 girls following him

thats cause hes cute as a button ;) and young girls know no better.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Sometimes a film role calls for a regular some what boring fella... :)
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..