Leonardo DiCaprio is overrated

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    jshin wrote:
    Sometimes a film role calls for a regular some what boring fella... :)

Matt Damon
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    jshin wrote:

Matt Damon

:lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I've liked every movie I saw him in. Particularly Gangs of New York.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    JaneNY wrote:
    I've liked every movie I saw him in. Particularly Gangs of New York.

really?? even titanic??
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Well, I'm glad others have stood up for my boy and have taken over this thread..Leo is the man..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • What do ya reckon? It's been mentioned in another thread but why does he keep getting BRILLIANT roles when he's a pretty average actor? :oops: It's pretty senseless. I mean he's ok and he's watchable and he's a GOOD actor... but just look at the roles he's been given... it doesn't add up!

he must be sleeping with the right people. lol. just kidding of course. seriously, though, hell if an outsider like me knows.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Champ wrote:
    Well, I'm glad others have stood up for my boy and have taken over this thread..Leo is the man..

Leo is the man. if you want to talk overrated, let's talk about denzel. he plays the same dude in every movie he's in
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I give him credit for not getting typecast as a typical pretty boy after Titanic though, and for getting such good roles afterward. He must have something special if he's managed to stay relevant as an actor and play more mature roles.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Leo is the man. if you want to talk overrated, let's talk about denzel. he plays the same dude in every movie he's in

I don't know, I heard he does an incredible job on broadway and you really need to be a good actor for that, no?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Back_Pedal wrote:
    I give him credit for not getting typecast as a typical pretty boy after Titanic though, and for getting such good roles afterward. He must have something special if he's managed to stay relevant as an actor and play more mature roles.

Relevant? He's never been far from the top and is on top now at just 35...he's been in so many incredible movies it's sick...anything he pisses on turns to gold...gold..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    The fact Scorsese keeps wanting to work with him has to be a pretty good sign. I like Leo :)
    The Champ wrote:
    Back_Pedal wrote:

Relevant? He's never been far from the top and is on top now at just 35...he's been in so many incredible movies it's sick...anything he pisses on turns to gold...gold..

you brought up basketball diaries earlier. that might be his best role. he was GREAT in that movie. mark wahlberg...not so much
    The Champ wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

I don't know, I heard he does an incredible job on broadway and you really need to be a good actor for that, no?

no clue. all I know is that I think denzel is the most boring big name actor out there. him and julia roberts. blah and blah
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    The Fixer wrote:

no clue. all I know is that I think denzel is the most boring big name actor out there. him and julia roberts. blah and blah
    OHMYGOD Julia Roberts. F'ING SNOREVILLE. With her fucking mailbox face.
    Damn, I completely forgot about 'Revolutionary Road.' Even though I've always enjoyed his movies, I think after that performance is when I was like 'what the fuck, this guy is amazing.' That performance floored me..I couldn't see any other actor in that role...phenomenal acting by both Leo and Kate..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    I think he's a great actor. Just watch the departed.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I'm not a huge fan of him, but he has been in some quality flicks.
    That said, I do tend to think he's overrated, but not the worst actor in Hollywood...
  • The Champ wrote:
    Damn, I completely forgot about 'Revolutionary Road.' Even though I've always enjoyed his movies, I think after that performance is when I was like 'what the fuck, this guy is amazing.' That performance floored me..I couldn't see any other actor in that role...phenomenal acting by both Leo and Kate..

It was after that movie that I wondered what the hell my problem was with him.

I think I was holding Titanic against him, even though I've never seen it. It's Celine Dion's fault.
    I carried a watermelon
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    The Champ wrote:
    Back_Pedal wrote:

Well, it's easy for an actor to fade away after a few years, especially if they get stuck playing similar roles, but did you ever expect the kid from Titanic to be in a movie like Inception, or Blood Diamond, etc?
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    jshin wrote:

Matt Damon
    :lol: I was gonna say jshin maybe hit the nail on the head... but I think the two of them fall into the same regular boring category... maybe that's what people like?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    The Champ wrote:

No see that's my point... anything he does is already gold... he gets GIVEN the gold :D and for me, he's been the only issue I have with most of the films. I don't DISlike the guy... like I said I think he's good and I guess the fact that I question his ability means he stays in my head... but I just don't think his performances have ever been anything to write home about. I think with the level of films he's been given, he needs ONE absolute stand out and knock em dead performance. I think he kinda owes it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Two words- Growing Pains.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I've enjoyed his acting since What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Aside from Titanic, his roles are unique and his acting puts me into the character. I've got no problems with Leo.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    He's the best actor out there today.

I can't believe I read Leo and Nic Cage's name in the same sentence earlier in this thread.
    The Champ wrote:

It was after that movie that I wondered what the hell my problem was with him.

I think I was holding Titanic against him, even though I've never seen it. It's Celine Dion's fault.

Exactly, phenomenal actor..Helen is lost as usual :D ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    edited August 2010
    The Champ wrote:

No see that's my point... anything he does is already gold... he gets GIVEN the gold :D and for me, he's been the only issue I have with most of the films. I don't DISlike the guy... like I said I think he's good and I guess the fact that I question his ability means he stays in my head... but I just don't think his performances have ever been anything to write home about. I think with the level of films he's been given, he needs ONE absolute stand out and knock em dead performance. I think he kinda owes it.

There has been a ton of 'knock em dead' performances mentioned in this thread..to each their own I guess...if you don't think he was exceptional in 'Revolutionary Road' then you just simply don't recognize great acting..end of story and thread ;) ..
    Post edited by The Champ on
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    He's the best actor out there today.

I can't believe I read Leo and Nic Cage's name in the same sentence earlier in this thread.

Yeah, I chose to ignore that..lol...thread should have been locked right after that shit..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

There has been a ton of 'knock em dead' performances mentioned in this thread..to each their own I guess...if you don't think he was exceptional in 'Revolutionary Road' then you just simply don't recognize great acting..end of story and thread ;) ..
    Nope.., there have been a ton of 'knock em dead' FILMS... with... eh... Leo in them! :mrgreen:

I haven't seen revolutionary road cos it looked shit but people seem to think it was good so I might give it a shot.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Really grasping at straws now Helen ;) ..no shame in throwing in the towel....and yeah, Pearl Jam has made a few incredible albums/songs despite the lackluster performance of Stone..lol..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    People love to hate on Titanic but there's nothing wrong with that movie. If the song gets on your nerves that's one thing but I thought the movie was great.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13