Options

Ed Solo @ Borgata, Atlantic City in August

13»

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    pjtaper wrote:
    I just wish Ed would stop playing Solo shows and tour with god instead!

I wonder what they would open with?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    thank god for a friend in the box office :)

although he just got me front row for stp on aug 9th

hopefully ed will be the 8th !!!!!

although this is alot of favors

You bastard. I want to go to that show so badly. STP is my first love.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Walking the Cow into Around the Bend into I Am Mine... ;)
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    yosi wrote:
    You bastard. I want to go to that show so badly. STP is my first love.

my sister in law also

i cant lie its her hook up
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    Walking the Cow into Around the Bend into I Am Mine... ;)

So otherwards, no surprise.
  • Options
    NoGrapesNoGrapes Posts: 50

lol
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    pjtaper wrote:
    I never want to hear Millworker again!

Wow! I thought Millworker was awesome, personally, and really personified the whole show -- a great cover by a folk guitar legend, a sad but dignified tale of personal struggle, a political rant on labor, acoustic, great riffs, a slow song that builds up to that tremendous piston-pumping pic arm wailing away, jammin, before dropping back down into a quiet fade out. Millworker was one of the highlights for me ... for the rest of the morning, the rest of the afternoon, for the rest of my life.

And oh yeah, improv-tagged at BerkII!

I might have to snag a ticket from one of you East Coasters.
    Will Travel for Ed!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    my sister in law also

i cant lie its her hook up

That's still amazing.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    My co-worker who is also a lead lighting technician at the Borgata said that they have a tentative booking for Ed solo in August. If he plays the main theatre the capacity is around 3000 seated. If he plays the "Music Box" the capacity is only 900. This is just penciled in for now but it looks like Ed is going to extend his solo tour after PJ finishes their east coats run.

that would be great...i'd be looking forward to that klausen poster for sure
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249
    An East Coast solo tour would be a nightmare getting tickets. It was easier to get tickets for the West Coast. Eddie at the Borgata would not really be like playing an old theatre. I say if you do a solo tour of the East Coast you play Boston's Opheurm Theatre, Providence or Hartford Theatre date, New York 4 shows at Beacon Theatre, 2 or 3 Philly shows at Tower Theatre, DC at Constituion Hall or GW's Lisner Auditorium, a show in Raleigh, NC or Charlotte, NC, Atlanta at the Fox Theatre, Tampa at the Convention Center maybe?, and if you can find another theatre in Orlando or Miami/W. Palm Beach.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Super_Fan wrote:
    An East Coast solo tour would be a nightmare getting tickets. It was easier to get tickets for the West Coast.
    agreed that tickets will be nearly impossible to get, but it was hard to get west coast solo tickets, too. i got lucky, but do you remember what it was like around here when those tickets were on sale? or what tickets were like for the 05 borgata shows? combine those two...yikes.
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    agreed that tickets will be nearly impossible to get, but it was hard to get west coast solo tickets, too. i got lucky, but do you remember what it was like around here when those tickets were on sale? or what tickets were like for the 05 borgata shows? combine those two...yikes.

It all depends. A lot of people from all over tried for those west coast tickets. People that went to those shows, especially from out west, may not come out for an East coast leg.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    That won’t even come close to overcoming the population density (and therefore increased demand for tickets) in the east versus the west. Within a 4-5 hour drive you have NYC, Boston, Philly, DC, Pittsburgh, Hartford, etc. And within a 7-8 hour drive you can also add in cities like Toronto, Detroit, Buffalo, Cleveland and others.

If EV does an east coast solo tour it will be a NIGHTMARE getting tickets because you’ll have literally thousands of 10C members all trying to get tickets to multiple shows that they can drive to with a minimal cost. No flight required

I agree, but it was the same argument for the west coast, people from all over the east/midwest/overseas flew in there. California has a pretty high population density too. Some of those people might not be making the trip again. And, it seems a lot of them are heading to MSG already for the eastcoast leg. Plus if there are shows down south, it might be easier to get those, and people from out of the area may try that. I probably would only go to the show in my hometown. Plus an east coast tour might have more shows since the northeast is so crowded, and after seeing the west coast, some venues with more seats might be played. 10c might change the tickets to a lottery. We still have to wait and see if there even is an east coast leg.
  • Options
    MrStyles420MrStyles420 Posts: 272
    I really hope this comes to be, it'd be nice to begin the summer with 9 PJ shows and close it with some eddie solo dates
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    this would be really sweet, but i'd rather have pj knock out an album after the east coast tour. i'd also rather just see more pj dates .. although it would be really special to see just ed so idk!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    GhostBoyGhostBoy Posts: 113
    I was hoping for this, but am not getting my hopes up...for two reasons. Namely, it's only a rumor at this point. It does seem likely, but you never know. Secondly, prepare for the bitching now. You know how many of us are going to get shut out of that show. Let's see, I couldn't get Borgota 1 or 2 when they played there. I couldn't get that small show in NY a couple years ago. If he's playing venues that hold aroung 2,000 or less, good luck getting tickets to that.

I'll get excited when it's confirmed and when I have tickets.
    All Those Yesterdays: This Day In Pearl Jam History - Sharing show anniversaries, releases, appearances, and more.

• Options
    GauchoBGauchoB Posts: 224
    My co-worker who is also a lead lighting technician at the Borgata said that they have a tentative booking for Ed solo in August. If he plays the main theatre the capacity is around 3000 seated. If he plays the "Music Box" the capacity is only 900. This is just penciled in for now but it looks like Ed is going to extend his solo tour after PJ finishes their east coats run.

Hope you East Coasters get to see it, he is fantastic
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    We are arranging our whole vacations around this band's tour schedule. Seriously, I mean what kind of a loser would do this shit?? Well, me for one
    :-P

yeah... who does such a thing?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,090
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    You guys are gonna have to wait for that until next year. You got a whole tour last Summer when we pulled our hair out over here.

I know, I know but a girl can wish can't she ;) ....and I'd be happy to wait for more than a year, but i'm wondering if Ed would come all the way to Europe for a solo tour....think its just wishfull thinking on my part :o
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Personally I'd rather have Ed or PJ back in Europe in 2009-2010 (I can't believe I did it!) because I have just gone totally broke for 20 long years (purchasing a flat) and I honestly need to give up eating, drinking and sell my soul to devil himself in order to have money for at least 6-7 shows :rolleyes:

(But tonight I go out and watch ITW before my own restrictions;)!)
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I know, I know but a girl can wish can't she ;)
    YES! and u know what? DREAM HUGE becuz they come true!!! ;)
    without detail, me and a friend of mine dreamt up a certain PEARL JAM show. We kept believing everyDAY that it was going to happen. A year later it did. And let me tell ya......some AMAZING historical stuff took place that night. :D DREAM HUUUGE!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    If EV did east coast shows, I would NOT do all the driving like I would for PJ. I am looking forward to seeing him if he does play, but not a fingers crossed "OMG I hope he plays" feeling. There are a few reasons for this.
    1) I think we may see him solo at Bonnaroo. ( Here I have fingers crossed and OMG I hope he plays feeling).
    2) If he plays one venue for 2/3 night in a row I would have to go to both/all. NO WAY TO CHOOSE BETWEEN one night or the other. But only if they are close.
    3) I would like NYC because it is 30 minutes away, but would go to a smaller place in CT instead if it was on the schedule. Easier to get tickets.
    4) I am going VIP to Bonnaroo and three shows so I will be tapped out in the $$ department!

All that I say now. Post an East Coast tour and I know I will try for at least 2 shows:)! I just hope it would be in the Fall!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited April 2009
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on