Anybody else watch Pawn Stars?

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    The warden forces me to watch this dumb ass show...drives me nuts when they get an appraiser in, they say something is worth like $2000, then Rick offers $500. 'Oh well, I've got to frame it and it takes up space in my warehouse'. Give me a break. And now it's been added to the list of places we're going to in Vegas :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    The warden forces me to watch this dumb ass show...drives me nuts when they get an appraiser in, they say something is worth like $2000, then Rick offers $500. 'Oh well, I've got to frame it and it takes up space in my warehouse'. Give me a break. And now it's been added to the list of places we're going to in Vegas :fp:

All 12 of you?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RKCNDY wrote:

The "Bullit" car was kinda cool though.

I liked how that car was the segway into Danny's new show Counting Cars.

The '68 Mustang was so sweet. 8-) A fastback Mustang is on my bucket list to own actually. Such a sexy car. I would literally dry hump the car in that episode if it were mine. :lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

All 12 of you?

:lol: Actually, yes :lol: Stupid plans taking away from my drinking and gambling time :x
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I've been to the shop. Tell "the warden" that if he expects anything like the show he will be disappointed. Half of the shop is filled with ChumLee merchandise and you will not see any of the family. My last trip I went alone in the morning...saw nothing but tourists....walked around...went downtown...got fucked up...had to leave my rental there and took a cab and for some reason went back again later in the afternoon...you know what I saw....same shit. Don't waste your time.

Also, if your group does choose to go, do not go at night. It looks all rosey and shit on TV but it is in the ABSOLUTE worst part of Vegas. Just watch the episodes and see the walls they have surrounding the building. This makes the area south of the Stratosphere going up the strip where the Sahara is...Riviera, etc look like Disney World. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I've been to the shop. Tell "the warden" that if he expects anything like the show he will be disappointed. Half of the shop is filled with ChumLee merchandise and you will not see any of the family. My last trip I went alone in the morning...saw nothing but tourists....walked around...went downtown...got fucked up...had to leave my rental there and took a cab and for some reason went back again later in the afternoon...you know what I saw....same shit. Don't waste your time.

Also, if your group does choose to go, do not go at night. It looks all rosey and shit on TV but it is in the ABSOLUTE worst part of Vegas. Just watch the episodes and see the walls they have surrounding the building. This makes the area south of the Stratosphere going up the strip where the Sahara is...Riviera, etc look like Disney World. :lol:

Oh yep I know...we've already been there...so why anyone would feel the need to go again :fp:

Maybe I'll fein sickness and just head down to the pool instead :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:

if you are going to do that.....you really should consider getting a new bikini
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Love this show!!

It seems to me that if you wanted to make money selling your item, use the bay and have more than one person determine how much someone is willing to pay for it.

People go into a pawn store because they NEED CASH IN HAND!! I know, because for a while there, that's where I was.

Just my 2c.

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    head down to the pool instead :lol:

Pics or it doesn;t happen. :corn:
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

if you are going to do that.....you really should consider getting a new bikini

I've already got plenty of perfectly good bikinis :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Pics or it doesn;t happen. :corn:
    WWTSS
    what would the sister say?
    :lol:
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I watch new episodes sometimes. I never watch a rerun though. It's not interesting more than once.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    WWTSS
    what would the sister say?
    :lol:

#WWTSS :lol:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    A Pawn Shop in Vegas, I am sure looks exactly like you would imagine a Pawn Shop in Vegas would look like.

All that cool shit is definitely sold at auctions and to dealers.

Dig the show though.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Hard core pawn starts up again tonight. Those Crazy mofos can not be actors.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    A Pawn Shop in Vegas, I am sure looks exactly like you would imagine a Pawn Shop in Vegas would look like.

Dig the show though.

Some of the stuff that's in the show I did see on display but overall you are correct. I mean the building is huge but the actual display room isn't that big at all. It's kind of turned more into a tourist stop at this point than a pawn shop so to say. I saw an interview last year with teh owner guy and he said they had already renewd for four more years of a show (three now I guess) and at that point most of the filming was already done for theose episodes. The way I take that is two years from now...we weill actually be watching stuff that happened last year. :crazy:
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    Don't watch it regularly, but every now and then I'll catch it on the weekend...although it usually seems to be during a marathon and I get sucked into watching a couple of episodes.
    The old man , son and grandson have to be rolling in $.

I wonder if they get a piece of Cajun Pawn and the new Car show.
    LloydXmas wrote:

I have them on my Twatter. They put down the Cajun show and Hardcore Pawn quite a bit, especially the son. It's kind of funny sometimes. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Dig the show though.

Some of the stuff that's in the show I did see on display but overall you are correct. I mean the building is huge but the actual display room isn't that big at all. It's kind of turned more into a tourist stop at this point than a pawn shop so to say. I saw an interview last year with teh owner guy and he said they had already renewd for four more years of a show (three now I guess) and at that point most of the filming was already done for theose episodes. The way I take that is two years from now...we weill actually be watching stuff that happened last year. :crazy:

That's cool. Yeah, I am sure a lot of the stuff on the walls and the jewelry and some of the more normal stuff they sell in store, but what kind of person is walking into a pawn shop looking for a lot of the historical stuff?

I am sure it turned into a tourist trap, I'd probably still hit it up for the hell of it. I always wonder how they find these people with what they have and how they set it up.

I'm not surprised. I am sure I will keep watching it when I'm bored.
    DS1119 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

I have them on my Twatter. They put down the Cajun show and Hardcore Pawn quite a bit, especially the son. It's kind of funny sometimes. :lol:

I am always surprised about how low the margin is on the Cajun show. He always seems to pay close to full value, especially compared to Rick.

I wonder how often they have a price already set.
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    I was staying at a hotel a few weeks ago and found this show on the History Channel...watched four episodes in a row, couldn't change the channel. It's addictive!
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    iamica wrote:
    I was staying at a hotel a few weeks ago and found this show on the History Channel...watched four episodes in a row, couldn't change the channel. It's addictive!

It is addictive. I find myself trying to guess the value of the stuff brought in before the negotiations like I would fucking know! :fp: :lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    DS1119 wrote:
    I have them on my Twatter.

your wha?

is that what midgets call their privates?
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    I don't think I've ever watched just one episode at a time. It's addictive.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    CaJun Pawn stars marathon on today. I wonder if they have a red neck Danny
    LloydXmas wrote:
    CaJun Pawn stars marathon on today. I wonder if they have a red neck Danny

He's not red neck? :lol:

Danny_Koker.jpg
    I like American Restoration too. It's definitely scripted but the work they do is not. SOme of it is truly amazing.
  • KnZiE94KnZiE94 Posts: 158
    I enjoy watching both Pawn Stars and American Restoration!
    BRAD- April 21, 2012 Seattle, WA
    BRAD- April 27, 2012 Seattle, WA

Pearl Jam- September 30, 2012 Missoula, MT
    Pearl Jam- November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
    Pearl Jam- December 6, 2013 Seattle WA
  • I like Pawn Stars, but those annoying middle parts get on my nerves. No need to have a secondary plot line to the show about Chumlee buying Subway for lunch...just tell me how much the God Damn Star Wars lunchbox is.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    Ricks about to get played. Wonder for how much ?