Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    lack of clothes is better when it comes to a lot of women. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    81 wrote:

At the end of the day, we're all hoping to be naked anyway, right? ;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

At the end of the day, we're all hoping to be naked anyway, right? ;)

i don't think i hope....because i know i will be. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    I won't lie I have more clothes and shoes then any heterosexual male should ever have. It's actually pretty embarrasing...especially the shoe part.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Benzor wrote:
    I won't lie I have more clothes and shoes then any heterosexual male should ever have. It's actually pretty embarrasing...especially the shoe part.

i'm questioning the 'heterosexual' part of your post.

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    Benzor wrote:

i'm questioning the 'heterosexual' part of your post.

;)

Was there a heterosexual part?
    I've just read that people who end their username with 'man' are what scientists call ' a genius ' ... which is nice..
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dunkman wrote:
    I've just read that people who end their username with 'man' are what scientists call ' a genius ' ... which is nice..
    i guess i'm as dumb as a box of rocks.
    wait...

what about "chadwickman"
    can i change my username?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    dunkman wrote:

Then there are at least 2 here that I can think of. If you combine the 1st syllable of your name with the last syllable of mine, you get "dunkman", which is in fact, genius.
    chadwick wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    wait...

what about "chadwickman"

Perhaps "manchad". Get a leg up on us.
    chadwick wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    wait...

what about "chadwickman"

Perhaps "manchad". Get a leg up on us.

How about chadmanwick. No, that sounds too much like manwich. Which, on second thought, might not be bad.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    thank you all.
    but they are dunk's rules.
    man @ the end of usernames.

chadwickman = genius
    chadwick = rock for brains

women & their clothing rock.
    (not the same rock as my brain but different)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    How about chadmanwick. No, that sounds too much like manwich. Which, on second thought, might not be bad.
    you are very kind.
    thank you for helping.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    you can be Lord Chaddington... it has been decreed.
    dunkman wrote:
    you can be Lord Chaddington... it has been decreed.

But what about his wick?
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    dunkman wrote:
    my wife isnt too bad actually... although she buys a lot of £50-£60 dresses for functions which she only wears once maybe twice... I wear my stuff until it falls apart pretty much.

my favourite is the 14 weeks of looking for a dress and shoes for a wedding, NOT a bride... just as a guest.. spending hours and hours getting the right dress and shit... then hours that day getting ready, etc etc etc.. then all the "does this look alright?" and all that crapola...

the last time this happened I genuinely actually said something along the lines of ... "look, men won't give a fuck about what you're wearing unless your jugs are hanging out and all the women will spend the day bitching about how awful the brides or bridesmaids dress looked, you might as well wear a bin bag and a pair of wellies for all that it'll matter"

14 weeks is a bit extreme for dress shopping, however, unless you have ever tried to shop for women's clothes, you don't know what a horrible procedure it can be. Very few women easily fit into off-the-rack, mass manufactured clothing. Even women you would think would-like 5'10" and straight up and down thin-still have issues. Men's clothes are sized based on actual measurements. Women's clothes are random numbers and words like "petite" and "plus." A size 10 in one store is completely different from a size 10 in another store. Plus, women's designers like to get all creative and shit- instead of just making a dress that will look nice and flattering, they add some weird cut or whatever. Then there's this whole issue that there are so many variables in a women's body, it's close to impossible to find a dress that either doesn't fit or doesn't look completely horrifying with respect to one of them. I have a big butt and hips, small boobs, a long torso, a small tummy pooch, and short little legs. If I try on a dress, it might fit my butt, but then it might emphasize my pooch and fall off above the waist. Then I have to find one that hits my legs in the right spot and doesn't look too long, or if not, I have to find one that can be tailored, which isn't as common as one might think. I also usually have to buy petite pants to get them to fit my curves correctly, but then often they're too short. It's a complete nightmare- this is why women hate bridesmaids dresses so much- there's no way one dress will look good on everyone.

If I need a dress for a wedding now, I go online and buy a large box of like 8 dresses and try them on at home because I can't handle the stress and confusion of fitting rooms anymore (having ADHD does NOT help in that situation). I usually pick the dress I like the best, send the rest back, and then usually have to order 1 or 2 other sizes in the one I like to compare them against each other. For regular clothes, I buy all my pants online in the same size from the banana republic- at the moment they're the only one's that fit. If I want to get creative (and spend tons of money), I go to Anthropologie, however, Anthropologie can be frustrating because all the clothes look good on the hanger and then look weird on, being tight in some places and gaping in others.
    Lauri wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    my wife isnt too bad actually... although she buys a lot of £50-£60 dresses for functions which she only wears once maybe twice... I wear my stuff until it falls apart pretty much.

my favourite is the 14 weeks of looking for a dress and shoes for a wedding, NOT a bride... just as a guest.. spending hours and hours getting the right dress and shit... then hours that day getting ready, etc etc etc.. then all the "does this look alright?" and all that crapola...

the last time this happened I genuinely actually said something along the lines of ... "look, men won't give a fuck about what you're wearing unless your jugs are hanging out and all the women will spend the day bitching about how awful the brides or bridesmaids dress looked, you might as well wear a bin bag and a pair of wellies for all that it'll matter"

14 weeks is a bit extreme for dress shopping, however, unless you have ever tried to shop for women's clothes, you don't know what a horrible procedure it can be. Very few women easily fit into off-the-rack, mass manufactured clothing. Even women you would think would-like 5'10" and straight up and down thin-still have issues. Men's clothes are sized based on actual measurements. Women's clothes are random numbers and words like "petite" and "plus." A size 10 in one store is completely different from a size 10 in another store. Plus, women's designers like to get all creative and shit- instead of just making a dress that will look nice and flattering, they add some weird cut or whatever. Then there's this whole issue that there are so many variables in a women's body, it's close to impossible to find a dress that either doesn't fit or doesn't look completely horrifying with respect to one of them. I have a big butt and hips, small boobs, a long torso, a small tummy pooch, and short little legs. If I try on a dress, it might fit my butt, but then it might emphasize my pooch and fall off above the waist. Then I have to find one that hits my legs in the right spot and doesn't look too long, or if not, I have to find one that can be tailored, which isn't as common as one might think. I also usually have to buy petite pants to get them to fit my curves correctly, but then often they're too short. It's a complete nightmare- this is why women hate bridesmaids dresses so much- there's no way one dress will look good on everyone.

If I need a dress for a wedding now, I go online and buy a large box of like 8 dresses and try them on at home because I can't handle the stress and confusion of fitting rooms anymore (having ADHD does NOT help in that situation). I usually pick the dress I like the best, send the rest back, and then usually have to order 1 or 2 other sizes in the one I like to compare them against each other. For regular clothes, I buy all my pants online in the same size from the banana republic- at the moment they're the only one's that fit. If I want to get creative (and spend tons of money), I go to Anthropologie, however, Anthropologie can be frustrating because all the clothes look good on the hanger and then look weird on, being tight in some places and gaping in others.

i'll be honest and say I'm not going to read all your post, because much like arguments with my wife, I got bored after about 4 sentences... ;);)
    dunkman wrote:
    Lauri wrote:

i'll be honest and say I'm not going to read all your post, because much like arguments with my wife, I got bored after about 4 sentences... ;);)

What could she possibly ever get upset with you for?
  • I don't have too many clothes... Shoes are my problem :oops:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    I don't have too many clothes... Shoes are my problem :oops:

Do they not fit correctly?

apparently me suggesting she doesn't wear underwear when we go for a meal isn't 'romantic'
    dunkman wrote:

apparently me suggesting she doesn't wear underwear when we go for a meal isn't 'romantic'

Was this an arranged marriage? I can't imagine that the bulk of your pre-wedded restaurant trips that you pulled out her chair for her and told her how nice she smells. So she is clearly in the wrong for arguing over you being you. Just don't tell her I said that.