Women and clothes?

Comments

• comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    KOYOURASS wrote:

At some point i would have raped something, my wife, another customer, a manniquein. i hate when i'm the only guy in Victoria's Secret. i know that they know that i know that they know what i'm thinking.
    :lol: You're right. They do :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    KOYOURASS wrote:

At some point i would have raped something, my wife, another customer, a manniquein. i hate when i'm the only guy in Victoria's Secret. i know that they know that i know that they know what i'm thinking.
    :lol: You're right. They do :lol:

i knew it!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    chadwick wrote:
    yep. I blame my mother. I had tons of frilly dresses and matching shoes, purses, bows as a little girl. She created a monster and she fully admits it :lol:
    you are an animal.
    cute and fun.
    but none the less
    you are a barbarian
    :lol: It's true :oops:
    but on the up side...I prefer shopping by myself :) I think of it more as a solo activity
    you are an angel
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    What if it had been 4 hours of lingerie shopping?

firemen? the US mens water polo team?
    norm wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

firemen? the US mens water polo team?

009PBC_Jackie_Sandler_001.jpg Them
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    KOYOURASS wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    KOYOURASS wrote:

I was shopping with Mr. Unlost Dogs a while back and I was carrying a pink Victoria's Secret shopping bag. We were in Eastern Mountain Sports and I was buying a lantern and some kayaking gear. As we were walking to the checkout line, a man stopped and said to Mr. Unlost Dogs, "Wow, she shops at Victoria's Secret and EMS. That's my kind of woman. You're a lucky guy."
    :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    guy-girl-sexy-330.jpg is this you?
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    why isn't she rowing the inflatable canoe while he drinks all the ice cold beer?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    why isn't she rowing the inflatable canoe while he drinks all the ice cold beer?

cause that's not the way Unlost Dogs roles.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

cause that's not the way Unlost Dogs roles.

You know it, brother! :thumbup:

Hmmm. If you cut her hair, downsided the breastal region on her it might be.
    For him, you'd have to shave off the facial hair and add substantially to his girth. Mr. Unlost Dogs is a lot of man to love.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    guy-girl-sexy-330.jpg is this you?[/quote]
    why isn't she rowing the inflatable canoe while he drinks all the ice cold beer?[/quote]

cause that's not the way Unlost Dogs roles.[/quote]

You know it, brother! :thumbup:

Hmmm. If you cut her hair, downsided the breastal region on her it might be.
    For him, you'd have to shave off the facial hair and add substantially to his girth. Mr. Unlost Dogs is a lot of man to love.[/quote]

This is the T.V.version, close enough.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I'm not really bad with clothes and shoes. Purse's on the other hand...you can never have enough :D

if you say so. :roll:

;)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    chadwick wrote:
    :lol: It's true :oops:
    but on the up side...I prefer shopping by myself :) I think of it more as a solo activity
    you are an angel
    :angel:

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I know this might sound odd, but I like to have a lot of clothes in the wardrobe for a few reasons;

1. I'm always changing size
    2. I have things that have been in there for years because I have been keeping them for 'best' and so far 'best' hasn't arrived.
    3. I have a bit of a phobia about having no money (I'm always pretty close to the edge) so I think that when I have money I should stock up.
    4. I have a lot of thick jumpers, fleecy trousers in case we get hit by another ice age
    i had a freind of mine back in the 90's, he's was young and rich and hated to do laundry, refused. he would keep buying socks and underwear and t-shirts when he needed, after like 15 months he finally washed everything, took him a whole weekend, he had a dozen bags filled with hundreds of socks and underwear, just stuffed them in garbage bags and chucked them into his closet, no folding!!! i wish i could that.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    i had a freind of mine back in the 90's, he's was young and rich and hated to do laundry, refused. he would keep buying socks and underwear and t-shirts when he needed, after like 15 months he finally washed everything, took him a whole weekend, he had a dozen bags filled with hundreds of socks and underwear, just stuffed them in garbage bags and chucked them into his closet, no folding!!! i wish i could that.

You better get shopping then!
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    im sorry, but your dude is an idiot.
    spoiled and lazy.
    uncool.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Claireack wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

You better get shopping then!

i could afford it to if it wasn't for this damn P J obbession!
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    Didn't George Costanza do something like that :lol:

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Not all of us have tons of clothes. I've got a few nice pieces, and its enough.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    and shoes...dont forget the SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in my house it's boots...lots of boots. she has taken to buying them and hiding htem in her car, then sneaking them into the closet. mind you, she is doing the purchase all with her money...but she does it because she knows i'll be like, more boots? she has a pair of boots for every outfit and function that you can imangine. and half the boots are unworn.

her excuse...

she likes boots, and as a child her mom always told her no.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    and shoes...dont forget the SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in my house it's boots...lots of boots. she has taken to buying them and hiding htem in her car, then sneaking them into the closet. mind you, she is doing the purchase all with her money...but she does it because she knows i'll be like, more boots? she has a pair of boots for every outfit and function that you can imangine. and half the boots are unworn.

her excuse...

she likes boots, and as a child her mom always told her no.
    does she have a pair of redwings size 12 extra wide laying around collecting dust?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    does she have a pair of redwings size 12 extra wide laying around collecting dust?

let me check the back closet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

let me check the back closet.
    if she does
    dude
    i need a pair of boots

my danners blow.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I get bored of my clothes and like having variety. I admit i have too many clothes and every season I get rid of stuff.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    hey, Hey, HEY NOW! We don't all have millions of shoes. Gimme a couple of pairs of shoes and boots for work, a couple of pairs of Keens for play, good running shoes, and I'm all set.

I can pack for a week in a single duffle bag.

Of course, that duffle bag will weigh 150 pounds.
    I was just falling in love with you and you ruined it with the last line. :lol:

We have 3 double wardrobes, 2 chests of drawers and cupboards over the bed in our bedroom. I have 1 of the doubles and the small chest of drawers with space for more clothes to fit in. My wife has used every inch of space in hers plus some of the cupboards in one of the other room. There are shoes and boots that I can't remember her wearing, expensive jackets she has worn just once and the compulsory clothes with tags still on them. What's worse is every 2 weeks when we go shopping she takes something back. Why buy it in the first place?????

Also how the hell can you have that many clothes and complain you've nothing to wear? :shock:
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    my wife isnt too bad actually... although she buys a lot of £50-£60 dresses for functions which she only wears once maybe twice... I wear my stuff until it falls apart pretty much.

my favourite is the 14 weeks of looking for a dress and shoes for a wedding, NOT a bride... just as a guest.. spending hours and hours getting the right dress and shit... then hours that day getting ready, etc etc etc.. then all the "does this look alright?" and all that crapola...

the last time this happened I genuinely actually said something along the lines of ... "look, men won't give a fuck about what you're wearing unless your jugs are hanging out and all the women will spend the day bitching about how awful the brides or bridesmaids dress looked, you might as well wear a bin bag and a pair of wellies for all that it'll matter"
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    I have just enough clothes to get me through the week for each season, and only a few pairs of shoes that aren't some kind of athletic shoes (sure, if you count my running shoes, biking shoes, hiking boots, soccer cleats, snow boots, etc, I have a lot!). Then I also have cocktail dresses for weddings and a couple suits if for the rare event I need them. I have a large storage container with clothes that are too big or too small as my weight tends to fluctuate, and that's about it.

There are a few main reasons women tend to have more clothes than men. First, women's clothes are simply designed so that we have to buy more of them. For example, if a man and a woman both have jobs where they have to wear suits every day, a man could probably wear the same suit almost all week and no one would notice. But a woman's suit is styled, cut in a noticeable way, or is a color other than black or blue, etc. Then there is the problem that the very distinct cuts and stylings of women's clothes make it difficult to say, wear a particular shirt with just any pair of pants. I have tops that can only be worn with skirts, shorts that I can only wear with particular tops, etc. Every item of women's clothing is designed and cut to fit differently. This is not the case with men's clothing, which basically just hangs. The only problem men have to think of is whether the colors look terrible together. In addition, women's clothing serves particular functions much more than men's. Say a man has a job where he only wears a suit for the occasional meeting. He can buy a nice suit, wear it to his meetings, and wear the same suit to a wedding, a funeral, etc., maybe switch the shirt or tie for the occasion. A woman could not wear the same suit she wears to work to a wedding, for example. Even if she wants to wear a suit rather than a dress, it's still probably going to be a different "type" of suit. Furthermore, a woman probably wears slightly different clothing to work than she does, say, going out on a weekend. Even if you have a job where you can dress casually, you would probably dress more conservatively during the week and maybe a little sexier or flashier if you're going out saturday night. In many instances, you just can't wear the same clothes for multiple functions as easily as a man can. I sometimes get a little aggravated when men complain about this stuff, but at the same time, they wouldn't want their wives to be buttoned up in business casual wear if they're out on a hot date. It's the same with cosmetics and personal hygiene products- you want us to look good, but you complain that we've got too many products or that we spend too long getting ready. Can't have it both ways.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Lauri, that's a very complete answer. Good job. :thumbup:

I will add to that in two ways.

Even if we don't buy loooottts of clothes like some females, the bare minimum amount needed for a professional job takes up a lot of room. :?

Men want women to look good. They aren't really happy if their partner doesn't pay any attention to how she looks. Even if you say otherwise, it's a lie. :shock:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&