Home Run Derby

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    I guarantee Girardi will be a huge dick and let the Yankee players bat only once tomorrow.

Count on it, he's got win a ringitis, thats why MO was reported to be injured and then saved the game that night, he's 40 years old and just can't be bothered, he wants to chill w/ his kids and relax for a few days.

I hate Girardi. I don't know why he became manager. He wasn't my choice.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    It's ok. You guys are running the show right now. Things will change shortly. Gonna be a nice little race.

Ya gotta worry about those Rays first!
    Yankees have 13 more games against Tampa. Either its a split, which makes for a 3way clusterfuck, or its one-sided, which is good news for the Sox.

And 10 against Boston, with the last regular season series against each other.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Ya gotta worry about those Rays first![/quote]
    Yankees have 13 more games against Tampa. Either its a split, which makes for a 3way clusterfuck, or its one-sided, which is good news for the Sox.[/quote]

Well i have a personal bet for $100.00 bucks of who finishes with a better record vs each other, the Yanks and Sox, so as long as we take 10 games of the 18 we play i'll be a hundred bucks richer! Last year i won a hundred bucks off the same guy, when we singed Tex i turned to him and said " We just won the World Series" he said " Ya Right" i said "Wana bet"? he said "Hundred Bucks" we shoke hands, it was a very entertaining year. i didn't actually think we'd win, hoped but did think.
    Count on it, he's got win a ringitis, thats why MO was reported to be injured and then saved the game that night, he's 40 years old and just can't be bothered, he wants to chill w/ his kids and relax for a few days.[/quote]

I hate Girardi. I don't know why he became manager. He wasn't my choice.[/quote]

Some Day!!!

donMatt.jpg
    My All Time Favorite Player, nobody will EVER compare!!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,915
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Q: who has the LEAST amount of HRs as a team leader?
    Garret jones? Figure its got to be a pirate. The suck across the board. Actually, i wouldnt be suprised if it were dp lee
    thanks for your guess, 81.
    actually, it's some dude named gutierrez with seattle. eight homeruns :shock: . major miscalculation by whoever their GM is.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    Count on it, he's got win a ringitis, thats why MO was reported to be injured and then saved the game that night, he's 40 years old and just can't be bothered, he wants to chill w/ his kids and relax for a few days.

I hate Girardi. I don't know why he became manager. He wasn't my choice.[/quote]

Some Day!!!

donMatt.jpg
    My All Time Favorite Player, nobody will EVER compare!!![/quote]

That's who I wanted. That's my mom's favorite player. He's probably second for my dad, behind Thurm. Wish I saw Donny play. My all-time favorite is Jeter. Ever since I started watching baseball in '96 when I was 5.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    I like mattingly as much as everyone but he was not ready. The Yankees made the right decision and I don't think girardi is going anywhere any time soon
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i'm lazy and didn't read the thread so sorry if this has been discussed.....

did anyone catch the performance of that soul sister song.

wtf is wrong with people? probably the worst performance i've seen on tv. i'm angry they are succesful. i thought it was like a 15 yr old kid when i heard it on the radio but it's just some old dude struggling to sing without an auto tune and not split his skinny jeans

upset
    what kind of "off season routine" does Papi follow? :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Some Day!!!

donMatt.jpg
    My All Time Favorite Player, nobody will EVER compare!!![/quote]

That's who I wanted. That's my mom's favorite player. He's probably second for my dad, behind Thurm. Wish I saw Donny play. My all-time favorite is Jeter. Ever since I started watching baseball in '96 when I was 5.[/quote]

i met him once!!!, Absolute Gentleman! Jeter is somehow..........let's just say if Donnie never hurt his back, i don't know, hell Jeter might still be better, i hope you appericate how special Derek is.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I like mattingly as much as everyone but he was not ready. The Yankees made the right decision and I don't think girardi is going anywhere any time soon

He's Golden for a while!!!, Hank ain't George.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    KOYOURASS wrote:

Some Day!!!

donMatt.jpg

you mean the next dodger manager? ;) :P
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    Bingo, norm.
    norm wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

Some Day!!!

donMatt.jpg

I will be a DODGER FAN that quick!!!!
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    Some Day!!!

donMatt.jpg

That's who I wanted. That's my mom's favorite player. He's probably second for my dad, behind Thurm. Wish I saw Donny play. My all-time favorite is Jeter. Ever since I started watching baseball in '96 when I was 5.[/quote]

i met him once!!!, Absolute Gentleman! Jeter is somehow..........let's just say if Donnie never hurt his back, i don't know, hell Jeter might still be better, i hope you appericate how special Derek is.[/quote]

I love Jeter. I went to my first Yankee game when I was 6 in '97 against the Expos and my cousin and I were shouting Jeter's name when he was on deck, he looked to our section and spotted us, and gave us a smile and a head nod. I really want to meet Jeter. More players should play the game like he does.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    Some Day!!!

donMatt.jpg

i met him once!!!, Absolute Gentleman! Jeter is somehow..........let's just say if Donnie never hurt his back, i don't know, hell Jeter might still be better, i hope you appericate how special Derek is.[/quote]

Mattingly's way better than jeter
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    norm wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

Some Day!!!

donMatt.jpg

unless they screw him over.
    I miss igotid88
    KOYOURASS wrote:

wow! really??

i've always liked donny baseball but i can't help but remember the fact that his rookie year was 1982 and he retired in 1995...nyy in ws in 81 and 96...that's just strange :? :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Q: who has the LEAST amount of HRs as a team leader?
    Garret jones? Figure its got to be a pirate. The suck across the board. Actually, i wouldnt be suprised if it were dp lee
    thanks for your guess, 81.
    actually, it's some dude named gutierrez with seattle. eight homeruns :shock: . major miscalculation by whoever their GM is.

That dude is tied with Bradley, although bradley has 100 fewer at bats.

Oakland is next with Kurt Suzuki at 10, then G. Jones of the PIrates at 11. I forgot that Soriano is having a decent year hitting the long ball, with 15.

i had to go look it up, i was tired of waiting. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    igotid88 wrote:
    unless they screw him over.

given the current state of ownership, that is very possible
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Those big swings by Big Flabby looked like something out of Game 4 of the 04 ACLS. You guys remember that one right?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    norm wrote:

i would probably hate the dodgers a little more.......if that's possible.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Those big swings by Big Flabby looked like something out of Game 4 of the 04 ACLS. You guys remember that one right?

He was on the juice that time, right?
    imalive wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    norm wrote:

i would probably hate the dodgers a little more.......if that's possible.

it's not possible...bp is loved compared to your hatred for the dodgers :lol::lol::lol:

No, no i don't. IF THAT FUCK HADN'T STOLEN SECOND
    norm wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

wow! really??

i've always liked donny baseball but i can't help but remember the fact that his rookie year was 1982 and he retired in 1995...nyy in ws in 81 and 96...that's just strange :? :D

i don't even call him Donnie baseball i call him "Donnie Love"!!!
    I love Jeter. I went to my first Yankee game when I was 6 in '97 against the Expos and my cousin and I were shouting Jeter's name when he was on deck, he looked to our section and spotted us, and gave us a smile and a head nod. I really want to meet Jeter. More players should play the game like he does.[/quote]

He's Just a Good Egg!!! N
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    KOYOURASS wrote:

No, no i don't. IF THAT FUCK HADN'T STOLEN SECOND
    7894625_Yankees_v_Red_Sox_thumb.jpg
    This fuck?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    norm wrote:

it's not possible...bp is loved compared to your hatred for the dodgers :lol::lol::lol:
    norm - I saw a little blue Prius type car here today....it had like 5 foot long, slanted script dodgers decals on both sides and bigass LA decals on the tinted windows. I definitely threw up a little in my mouth.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    norm wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

wow! really??

i don't even call him Donnie baseball i call him "Donnie Love"!!!

ok maybe a little too much info :lol:

donny baseball is one of my favorite nicknames :mrgreen: