How can people have 500+ friends on Facebook???

13»

Comments

• PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Hahah, I actually proudly deleted my facebook a few days back.
    I realized it is a huge waste of time and it is really better to see my friends in person then read their status udpates, I noticed it kind of make my friendships worse because I started seeing friends less, idunno it was odd haha. But maybe I'll go back on it just for now im taking a break ;)
    Well you see on facebook there are some pages like ten club and pearl jam that you can become a fan of, and so i think the ten club page is where many are friend requesting, some dude named demetrios tried to add me like three times lol
    :lol::lol:

CALLED OUT, D!

may i be your friend PJ kidd? I promise to keep the creepiness to a minimum ;)
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    I realized it is a huge waste of time and it is really better to see my friends in person then read their status udpates, I noticed it kind of make my friendships worse because I started seeing friends less, idunno it was odd haha. But maybe I'll go back on it just for now im taking a break ;)
    ha... cant say i blame ya... i've done it a few times... always come crawwwwlin back

good luck to ya!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    ha... cant say i blame ya... i've done it a few times... always come crawwwwlin back

good luck to ya!

Hahha yeah, but im staying strong! I will not go back! It takes 2 weeks to permanently delete the account, as fb wants you to cave in and log back in, but ive noticed ive been way more productive since i got off fb so i might make this permanent
    Shows:
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Hahha yeah, but im staying strong! I will not go back! It takes 2 weeks to permanently delete the account, as fb wants you to cave in and log back in, but ive noticed ive been way more productive since i got off fb so i might make this permanent
    well if you have any photos you want to save first, i found a firefox program that lets you d/l all of them right from FB onto your computer... i found it useful since i never backed anything up... its called facePAD
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,547
    Well you see on facebook there are some pages like ten club and pearl jam that you can become a fan of, and so i think the ten club page is where many are friend requesting, some dude named demetrios tried to add me like three times lol
    :lol::lol:

CALLED OUT, D!

may i be your friend PJ kidd? I promise to keep the creepiness to a minimum ;)

sure it was me not dimitrispearljam?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,547
    Here's something. Have you had any of your family member's ask you why your friends are adding them out of the blue on Facebook? I had 3 friends (about to delete a 4th tonight) who been doing this & it's sick. They have over 500 friends (one has 2 thousand) & each day their friend tally rises a dozen every few hours.

It's great now the "See my friend list" privacy is working.

"This helps real world friends identify you by friends you have in common. Your friend list is always available to applications and your connections to friends may be visible elsewhere."

I have it set to Only Me but if friends & family member's post on your wall, any of your friends who are not connected with them can add them.
    Haha yes I remember the name demetrios. But dimitrispearljam also tried to add me once or twice, lol
    demetrios wrote:

sure it was me not dimitrispearljam?[/quote]
    Shows:
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    It all has to do with people just wanting to show how popular they are. I've gotten requests from people I didn't even know and always rejected them. Even going through college I only had like 130 "friends" and a few months ago I deleted a bunch of people I don't keep in contact with and I'm now down to 62. There's still a few people I rarely talk to but I enjoy their company. Sorry for hijacking the thread to talk about my own circumstances. :p

But yeah it's definitely just people not caring who "friends" them.

If someone is really popular in the real world, they wouldn't have time to spend time looking for so many facebook friends!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    demetrios wrote:
    Here's something. Have you had any of your family member's ask you why your friends are adding them out of the blue on Facebook? I had 3 friends (about to delete a 4th tonight) who been doing this & it's sick. They have over 500 friends (one has 2 thousand) & each day their friend tally rises a dozen every few hours.

It's great now the "See my friend list" privacy is working.

"This helps real world friends identify you by friends you have in common. Your friend list is always available to applications and your connections to friends may be visible elsewhere."

I have it set to Only Me but if friends & family member's post on your wall, any of your friends who are not connected with them can add them.

That's fucked, I just pray that this ex-colleague of mine doesn't go requesting my ''hot'' cousins add him :?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    i am obsessed with the family feud app, oh my god.
    YES! Family Feud makes me happier than a pig in shit :lol:

:thumbup:
    wah