Any of you guys ever had a Vasectomy?

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I can't believe so many of you have had this done.

Now, in all seriousness, can it be reversed like in the Seinfeld episode? I have no idea.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835

Now, in all seriousness, can it be reversed like in the Seinfeld episode? I have no idea.

I heard it's "possible" but no guarantee and costs a lot... so you'd better be damn sure you don't want another kid!
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

I am kinda surprised as well about how many here have had it done!
    I would get it done (after kids maybe) if I could get my stuff re-routed. Maybe I could just get it to shoot out my belly button. too much? sorry.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :lol::lol::lol: I'll keep pulling out, thanks .
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    not yet married or with kids but the way i see if you dont want more kids its the only way to go

its a much more invasive surgery for women, the pill can really fuck with women's weight/hormones, condoms suck, unexpected babies suck, the recovery time for a vasectomy is really not that bad

not to mention i think its the least you can do after your wife/significant other has pushed a BABY OUT OF HER VAGINA :shock:

call me a feminist :lol:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    stargirl69 wrote:
    My friend had his done a few years ago now .. his wife's attitude was "I gave birth" he was sore for a few days ... but fine until two years later ... his wife got pregnant,not because the vasectomy hadn't worked ... because she was a lying whore who was having an affair and she got slack with her "other life"
    OH SNAP :shock:

not yet married or with kids but the way i see if you dont want more kids its the only way to go

its a much more invasive surgery for women, the pill can really fuck with women's weight/hormones, condoms suck, unexpected babies suck, the recovery time for a vasectomy is really not that bad

not to mention i think its the least you can do after your wife/significant other has pushed a BABY OUT OF HER VAGINA :shock:

Wait a minute, the baby comes out of WHAT? :shock: :shock: :o
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

You know what I read up on that is a very effective preventative(thanks for the info Scb), an IUD. They work very well apparently. no snippity snippity :shock: . but its not 100%.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    KO282453 wrote:
    Wait a minute, the baby comes out of WHAT? :shock: :shock: :o
    RIGHT?!? :o

My wife was Depo Provera on during college, i don't recommend it, kills your sex drive, gain weight and when you come off it it takes like a year for a women's body to get back to a regular schedule.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    My balls are in pain after reading this forum...Thank you pearl jam...
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I've had several. No big deal.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    PJPOWER wrote:
    ha... the topic is pearl jam after all, is it not? :)

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    PJPOWER wrote:

:lol: So, you can still "spread the jam" after the big V?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    PJPOWER wrote:

Yup, thats the first thing i asked my dad when he had it done.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    eyedclaar wrote:
    PJPOWER wrote:

LOL, I hear that the hard part is getting those big scissors down that little....WOWSERS! :o :shock:
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576

You know what I read up on that is a very effective preventative(thanks for the info Scb), an IUD. They work very well apparently. no snippity snippity :shock: . but its not 100%.

My wife and I have 2 kids, boy and girl, my youngest is 6 months. We have both agreed that we are happy with our family and don't want anymore kids. She got the IUD put in when my daughter was 3 months old. It is supposed to last 5 years before it needs to be removed and requires no pills or added birth control. I am supposed to get snipped any time now but just keep putting it off. Need to get the ball rolling soon. When it does happen and the doctor says I'm sterile, she plans on going back to get the IUD removed.

This thread isn't helping motivate me to see the dr.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Is this one of those times where I can say;

'This thread is useless without pictures'

Never said it before, and always quite fancied giving it a go.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    edited July 2010
    My wife keeps throwing it out there but no chance in hell I'm gonna do it. Anybody here have it done? If you want to talk about it. What's the process like?

I didn't read through all of this, but:

I had it done. I was 32 at the time. 38 now. I am married and have two kids (a boy and a girl) and we decided we didn't want to take any chances for financial and personal reasons. I would do it again if given the choice. But there are few things you should consider/know:

You can't reverse it. At least that is what my doctor told me. The way he does it, it doesn't matter what those billboards say. Once it is done, it is done.

So, you better be 100% positive that you don't want any or any more kids. We had a serious discussion about it. What if a child dies? What if you get divorced? What if your wife dies and you re-marry later? What if you end up wanting another kid? All things to consider.

It only hurts for a day or so but milk it for a few. Lay on the couch and take advantage of it. The needle to the sack was the worst part. And the smoke.

No more condoms, pills, IUDs or whatever. Can't speak for all women but my wife was glad to take those pills and throw them away. They make women hormonal and gain weight and all kinds of stuff. Plus you never again have to worry about slipping one past the goalie.

And because of that, the relationship is better because it removes a major stress point.

If you are married and are for sure you don't want kids it is easier for you to do that than for her to have surgery.
    Post edited by Flagg on
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    true story:

After my second son was born, I decided to look into having it done. During the exam, with my pants down around my ankles and my balls in his hand feeling around for the tubes while he explained in great detail how the V would work and how he could repair both of my hernias. I started feeling really nauseated and got the hell out of there!

My 3rd son will be 10 next month and I cannot imagine life without him. Call it divine intervention.

Oh and the two hernias never hurt, just small odd looking bulges that thankfully never got worse.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Flagg wrote:
    The needle to the sack was the worst part.

OUCH!! That made me flinch and I'm not a guy.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Lizard wrote:
    justam wrote:
    My wife keeps throwing it out there but no chance in hell I'm gonna do it. Anybody here have it done? If you want to talk about it. What's the process like?

Suggest that she get an operation herself.

I got one once I'd had my second baby and it took care of the problem. Since I was the one who didn't want more children, it seemed the better option.

Me too. Of course, I was already cut open with a C-section so easy decision.

:)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • __ Posts: 6,651

:thumbup: :D

In case anyone's interested, here's info on what percentage of women get pregnant within the first year of use of various methods of contraception, in order from most to least effective:

0.1 - Mirena IUD
    0.15 - Vasectomy
    0.5 - Female sterilization
    0.8 - ParaGard IUD
    3 - The shot (Depo-Provera)
    8 - The pill, the patch, & the ring
    15 - Male condom
    16 - Diaphragm, sponge, & cervical cap (sponge & cap rates are only for women who have not had kids)
    21 - Female condom
    25 - The rhythm method
    27 - Pulling out
    29 - Spermicides
    32 - The sponge & the cervical cap (for women who have had kids)
    85 - No method

(Source: Trussel J. Contraceptive failure in the United States. Contraception. 2004;70:89-96.)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972

why would you want to? that's our problem....too much wishywashiness! :lol:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    post of the day.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Shit I need to get one. My wife has carried 3 kids and has three c-sections. It's the least I could do.
  • Good on they guys here who have done it with the above attitude.... you can always tell a true gentleman with acts like this for his family! thumbs up to you guys !
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I want to know about the smoke. Black Diamond.....tell me!!!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    eyedclaar wrote:

Why do I imagine that yours were on the side of a mountain, performed by a weasel using only chewed up cocoa leaves for an anesthetic?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    eyedclaar wrote:

Why do I imagine that yours were on the side of a mountain, performed by a weasel using only chewed up cocoa leaves for an anesthetic?
    :lol::lol: Good Lord Woman...I have to meet you! :lol::lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Theovl316 wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

:lol::lol: Good Lord Woman...I have to meet you! :lol::lol:

I'm just sayin' _ isn't that a more likely image than eyedclaar in a johnny, spread eagled on an exam table?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)