Any of you guys ever had a Vasectomy?

Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
My wife keeps throwing it out there but no chance in hell I'm gonna do it. Anybody here have it done? If you want to talk about it. What's the process like?
I'll be back
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I didn't have one, but I went for the consultation. Dude was like, "Yeah.... I think we can make it work".

That was the last time he saw me and I'm currently intact.

I'm totally through having kids, (got 2), but my wife is good on the pill...... so......
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I did and it was the BEST decision ever...
    I'll PM you some details if you want because there are a few details that are not for the faint of heart
    But I will say that my best friend for 3 days was a frozen bag of peas... :lol: :?
    I named him Fred
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • I don't know if you listen to SModcast (director Kevin Smith's podcast) but episode 80 goes into great detail about the process of a vasectomy. It's somewhat informative and very funny.

http://smodcast.com/89-80.html
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    I'll PM you some details if you want because there are a few details that are not for the faint of heart
    But I will say that my best friend for 3 days was a frozen bag of peas... :lol: :?
    I named him Fred

I COMPLETELY agree! Best decision ever!!!! no more worries, no condoms, no pill for her, its fan-f'ing-tastic!!!
    and yes the frozen bag of peas, and bag frozen of corn were wonderful to me.
    Should you do it, which I recommend you do, follow the Doc's instructions to the T and you will not go wrong.

its a walk in walk out thing..go for it...everything sounds worse than it actually is..PM me as well if you need a sounding board.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    piece of cake. for me, it was microsurgery. :? :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    after my buddy got a 'surprise' a couple years back, he did it and had no probs
    Theovl316 wrote:
    I named him Fred

I COMPLETELY agree! Best decision ever!!!! no more worries, no condoms, no pill for her, its fan-f'ing-tastic!!!
    and yes the frozen bag of peas, and bag frozen of corn were wonderful to me.
    Should you do it, which I recommend you do, follow the Doc's instructions to the T and you will not go wrong.

its a walk in walk out thing..go for it...everything sounds worse than it actually is..PM me as well if you need a sounding board.
    Well I would say walk in, limp out but that just me :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    My brother in laws both got it. One of them said they gave him the "goofy juice" and during the procedure he was hoping they'd find something else to snip in addition, since he was enjoying himself too much on the meds.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I named him Fred

my only problem is that after that bag of peas thaw, I'd be afraid I made a new best friend. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    screw that no way
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012

Post the details :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    My wife keeps throwing it out there but no chance in hell I'm gonna do it. Anybody here have it done? If you want to talk about it. What's the process like?

Suggest that she get an operation herself.

I got one once I'd had my second baby and it took care of the problem. Since I was the one who didn't want more children, it seemed the better option.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    arq wrote:

Agree!

I'll be back
    justam wrote:

I got one once I'd had my second baby and it took care of the problem. Since I was the one who didn't want more children, it seemed the better option.
    LOL, if I even suggested that, the response would have been, "I squeezed them out, your turn" :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    arq wrote:

One Word

Smoke :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    justam wrote:

yeah, but the v-sectomy is so much cheaper and easier than the female equivalent. you're a princess, but nothingman should man up. otherwise, he's a nothing man. ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    justam wrote:

LOL, if I even suggested that, the response would have been, "I squeezed them out, your turn" :lol:

I guess I'm a better wife. ;):mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Not for me yet, but I know multiple guys who've had it with no problems, and one's even had it reversed with no problems. Just walk like a penguin for a couple days.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    justam wrote:

If that was a choice that worked for you, kudos. However, it is far more invasive and can present more complications in the future than a Vasectomy.
    Oh there is a short term upside to this too...

How do I say this without getting banned :think:

OK, to quote from Sixteen Candles and the Donger

You can "Yankee your Wankee"... Doctors orders :thumbup:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • PJU2PJU2 Posts: 34
    Hey Man

Let me tell you I would consider myslef a complete wimp in the area of pain. I did about 10 years ago. I am 44 now BTW. Here is what you need to do. Get your doc to get you a couople of really good pills which my doc did that I took them both right beofre surgery and you walk in feeling nothing. Afterwards I can honestly say not one moment of bad pain. Just felt like a big bruise. I spent about 4 days on the couch with ice on the croch. For about 3 weeks after I babied myself and within about 3 weeks or so I was back on a softball field.

Let me also tell you that sex is exactly the same and it is so great to never worry about getting her preganant as I made a strong personal choice not to have kids. Even the climactic moments are exactly a like....I swear

One of my personal decision I ever made.....Well that and becoming a Pearl Jam junkie
  • PJU2PJU2 Posts: 34
    And I almost forgot, make sure you have plenty of cockatils and have the bong packed. Doctors orders
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    I'm very happy with my decision to have one. However, I may be in the minority here, but mine HURT LIKE HELL for about 5 days. And yes, the frozen bag of peas and Vicodin ES were my best friends for the first 3-4 days.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • I don;t really understand guys that say "No Way!" to it. If you want (more) kids someday or you think maybe you might get divorced and the next woman will want kids then maybe. but if you have enough kids or you/your lady are getting too old then why not?

It's not like they cut out the fun parts, they just take the yeast out of your baby batter.
    "Money is no object," I said, "but I am on a budget."
  • ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    Ive had one, no problem with the procedure what so ever, healed up nice, and I am very pleased that I capped my beautiful wonderful family at a girl (age 3) and a boy (age 9months)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    justam wrote:

Me too. Of course, I was already cut open with a C-section so easy decision.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    ponner1us wrote:
    I'm very happy with my decision to have one. However, I may be in the minority here, but mine HURT LIKE HELL for about 5 days. And yes, the frozen bag of peas and Vicodin ES were my best friends for the first 3-4 days.
    yeah same here...the first couple days after, it felt like constantly getting kicked in the jewels, getting up off a chair hurt (my boys were literally in a sling) and took about 10 days to be unaware of any pain.

small price to pay though for being sure
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    PJU2 wrote:
    And I almost forgot, make sure you have plenty of cockatils and have the bong packed. Doctors orders

:thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    ponner1us wrote:
    However, I may be in the minority here, but mine HURT LIKE HELL for about 5 days.
    wuss :shock: ;)
    truly, i was good to go the next day. :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    My friend had his done a few years ago now .. his wife's attitude was "I gave birth" he was sore for a few days ... but fine until two years later ... his wife got pregnant,not because the vasectomy hadn't worked ... because she was a lying whore who was having an affair and she got slack with her "other life"
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”